How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 10:30 PM

RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(18-01-2013 05:22 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've read your entire Veridican section on your forums. Your explanation is clear. However, if I was still a Christian, I'd be asking you the following questions:

1. Why is your synthesis of the gospels justified? What makes you an authority? The bible is already the inspired word of god.
2. Why would god's real plan not come to light until now?
3. How do you explain my current relationship with god, which is strong, and does not follow your faith? God speaks to me already.
4. I know Christ died for my sins. I believe, and am already forgiven. You are mistaken.

Unless you get the rare blank slate who's looking for a belief system, you're going to have to overcome the teachings of another religion. The "faith/trust me" card rears its ugly head again. I don't think you're going to appeal to anyone other than belief-seekers and dissatisfied Christians. Worse, you'll be arguing from the same source material they are.

Theists are going to give you a much harder time than we do.

I'm going to answer this in my forum. I think it's an important series of questions and can be of more benefit there. I'll PM you when I've posted a response, and I'll post a notification in this string as well.
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 10:32 PM

(18-01-2013 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My guesses for the thread are 2 :
a. to become a veri-dick-ian, just be a true dick.
b. send money. I doubt money will ever be refused . Tongue
Let me know if I won anything.

Why are you being such a jerk? Are you scared of it? Are you jealous? Are you finally feeling how insignificant and left out you are in your atheism. I think so. If you're an atheist, you're losing. It's that simple. Drinking Beverage
18-01-2013, 10:33 PM

(18-01-2013 10:18 PM)cjs Wrote:  I'm wondering why anyone on this forum cares about this yet another "one true faith." (Yawning now ....)

Because everyone is looking for the one true faith. Because it matters to people. You're looking, too. And you know it. Undecided
18-01-2013, 10:48 PM
No actually I'm not.

Godless in the Magnolia State
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Ego® why do you come here to pitch your 'new' religion...are all the religious folk turning you away?

Why quash Atheism...what is the point of forcing a belief system on someone? I really don't understand the concept that the belief is real if it's forced. Shouldn't the belief of a god be something from within? If your religion isn't based on the Bible, where does the need to convert/save come from? Surely you don't really give a damn about this bunch of idiots (as you so often refer to us).

Does honesty play any part of this religion or in your life at all?

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
19-01-2013, 01:04 AM
(18-01-2013 10:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My guesses for the thread are 2 :
a. to become a veri-dick-ian, just be a true dick.
b. send money. I doubt money will ever be refused . Tongue
Let me know if I won anything.

Why are you being such a jerk? Are you scared of it? Are you jealous? Are you finally feeling how insignificant and left out you are in your atheism. I think so. If you're an atheist, you're losing. It's that simple. Drinking Beverage
LOL. It's not that simple. 6 months ago, you'd have laughed at yourself. Prove one thing about any of it, maybe I'll take it seriously. It's a joke, Ed. Get real. Are you THAT bored with life ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
19-01-2013, 01:09 AM

(18-01-2013 05:22 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've read your entire Veridican section on your forums. Your explanation is clear. However, if I was still a Christian, I'd be asking you the following questions:

1. Why is your synthesis of the gospels justified? What makes you an authority? The bible is already the inspired word of god.
2. Why would god's real plan not come to light until now?
3. How do you explain my current relationship with god, which is strong, and does not follow your faith? God speaks to me already.
4. I know Christ died for my sins. I believe, and am already forgiven. You are mistaken.

Unless you get the rare blank slate who's looking for a belief system, you're going to have to overcome the teachings of another religion. The "faith/trust me" card rears its ugly head again. I don't think you're going to appeal to anyone other than belief-seekers and dissatisfied Christians. Worse, you'll be arguing from the same source material they are.

Theists are going to give you a much harder time than we do.

You're absolutely right when you say theists will be harder on me than Atheists.

Here are the answers to the questions:

http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
19-01-2013, 01:12 AM

(18-01-2013 10:48 PM)cjs Wrote:  No actually I'm not.

Yes, you are, or you wouldn't be here. An atheist who doesn't believe, also doesn't give a damn about being an atheist. They just live their lives out. You are in here for the soul purpose of debating with theists in hopes that one will be able to show you something that can give you back your faith. Cuz you used to be one, didn't you? A Christian. Yes
19-01-2013, 01:21 AM

(18-01-2013 11:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ego® why do you come here to pitch your 'new' religion...are all the religious folk turning you away?

I haven't gone there yet. When I do, it's going to get crazy. Frankly, I'm still building the infrastructure, and I'm not ready yet for that kind of action. I know all y'all. And as much as we fight, I still feel among friends.

Quote:Why quash Atheism...what is the point of forcing a belief system on someone? I really don't understand the concept that the belief is real if it's forced. Shouldn't the belief of a god be something from within? If your religion isn't based on the Bible, where does the need to convert/save come from? Surely you don't really give a damn about this bunch of idiots (as you so often refer to us).

First off, no one's about to light the pyre under the post your chained to. No one is "forcing" you to believe anything. I am presenting you with the truth; I am showing you the light. As the song says, no one's going to drag you up to get into the light where you belong.

And I do give a damn about you. I love you, and I want to show you the love of God that you can have in Christ. I have been given that love, and I want to bring you into it. But I can't row the boat for you. You have to row it.

Quote:Does honesty play any part of this religion or in your life at all?

In what way am I being dishonest?
19-01-2013, 01:24 AM
(18-01-2013 03:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is a statement I intend to release on my site. What do you think of it?

PS. I'm sorry to post this in TTA, but I can't think of a better place to vett it.

The Private Veridican

By definition, a Veridican is someone who believes the Veridican Articles of Faith. Therefore, to become a Veridican, one must only say to themselves that they believe the articles of faith.

But belief waxes and wanes. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, I wrote the Articles of Faith, but even I struggle with their meaning at times, and that struggle leads me to meditate on them, and that is good for my soul and my ongoing transformation into Christ.

Moreover, our peripatetic journey through life will always take us from doubt to faith and back again. That is the sign of a healthy transformation of spirit. So, don’t make the term “belief” too heavy a yoke on yourself. Look at it more like “inspired.” You believe the Articles enough, if you are inspired by them enough to keep thinking about their implications.

That’s private Veridicanism.

Public Veridicanism

Public Veridicanism has rules. If you want the world to know you are a Veridican, you have to make a public statement of faith so everyone knows where you stand. This is done online.

The public statement reads:

1. I believe in God.

2. I believe in God’s Son, Jesus Christ, and that my purpose is to become Christ, even as he was Christ.

3. I believe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are revealed in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4. I believe in the Veridican Articles of Faith of the Church of The Veridican to the extent of my understanding.

5. I will never disparage God, Jesus Christ, my brother and sisters in Christ, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor the Church of the Veridican.

6. On my honor, I make this statement in good faith without mental reservations or purposes of evasion, so help me God.

Presumably a person would just cut and paste it and maybe type there nic as a signature. Huh

That all begs the question; Why here? I have already pointed out that you are not convincing anybody here of your 'religion', though from the opinions I have seen and gathered, you are convincing some that you are insane, a suspicion which, I an finding fewer reasons to doubt on a seemingly daily basis.

While I am not arrogant enough to assume I know you or your motivations (as you seem to be towards myself) I find myself going to a single question: What do you get out of *all this?

*All this meaning sharing your cult with us, a completely sceptical community, on whom , you must realise you have no effect but eliciting amusement and pity.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Death of a Veridican houseofcantor 201 6,962 24-05-2013 06:28 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor