How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
It's pointless because it's the same ol' bullshit that is baseless and has to be taken on faith, not just because he manipulates the grey-zone around "doubt."

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I am more concerned about this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mickey_Mouse_Club
Please tell me how to join this. I really need to join the MM club.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

21-01-2013, 10:58 AM
(21-01-2013 10:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I really need to join the MM club.
Bucky, I thought you already were a member of the MM... hmm... club Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
21-01-2013, 11:07 AM
(21-01-2013 10:58 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 10:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I really need to join the MM club.
Bucky, I thought you already were a member of the MM... hmm... club Angel
I should have known. The truth will out somehow. I, (well we are) am a member of the Del Mar Country Club, but it comes with no "mouska" ears. I gotta have the ears to be happy. Oh wait. I already have big ears. Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

21-01-2013, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 12:44 PM by Vera.)
(21-01-2013 11:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I should have known. The truth will out somehow. I, (well we are) am a member of the Del Mar Country Club, but it comes with no "mouska" ears. I gotta have the ears to be happy. Oh wait. I already have big ears. Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping
Not what I meant Dodgy

There, there, big ears can be cute.
[Image: tumblr_m8z72jscbB1rcrvbyo1_500.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
21-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Hey Ed, correct me if I'm wrong with this analysis:

From what I can gather, Veridicanism isn't a branch of Christianity. It's more of an interpretation of scripture.

Basically, it's like an eschatological interpretation. It doesn't define your denomination and can be integrated in it.

Just like there are Baptists and Catholics that are amillennialist or Methodists and Presbyterians that are Pre-trib, you can be a Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, etc, and believe in Veridicanism.

Yes?
No?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
22-01-2013, 03:17 PM
(22-09-2012 08:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is what I've come to understand regarding Jesus Christ: If he was the Son of God, then God, Himself, has left us no way to verify it. Such are the lies and grift of ancient and modern preachers, that if God has left us to their veracity, then He has made a mockery of the truth--in which case it doesn't matter what Jesus Christ preached or did.

Jesus has come and gone, and he has never returned as he supposedly said he would. If he is to be known only through religious experience, then he is as diverse as every human being who picks up a bible and utters his name. To me, he has become like a mirage I followed through the desert of my younger life. Finally, I just stopped and accepted the fact: I live in a desert.

Good times. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
22-01-2013, 03:24 PM
(22-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 08:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is what I've come to understand regarding Jesus Christ: If he was the Son of God, then God, Himself, has left us no way to verify it. Such are the lies and grift of ancient and modern preachers, that if God has left us to their veracity, then He has made a mockery of the truth--in which case it doesn't matter what Jesus Christ preached or did.

Jesus has come and gone, and he has never returned as he supposedly said he would. If he is to be known only through religious experience, then he is as diverse as every human being who picks up a bible and utters his name. To me, he has become like a mirage I followed through the desert of my younger life. Finally, I just stopped and accepted the fact: I live in a desert.

I don't get it. It tries to sound deep but seems self-defeating when used in conjunction with justification for belief. But I might just be trying to use ration, reason, and logic to evaluate anything Ego® says.

Evolve
22-01-2013, 04:03 PM
(19-01-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 10:48 PM)cjs Wrote:  No actually I'm not.

Yes, you are, or you wouldn't be here. An atheist who doesn't believe, also doesn't give a damn about being an atheist. They just live their lives out. You are in here for the soul purpose of debating with theists in hopes that one will be able to show you something that can give you back your faith. Cuz you used to be one, didn't you? A Christian. Yes
What utter crap!
Atheists aren't obliged to believe Veridicanism, or any religion to be decent people!
You seek to live forever! What could be more egocentric than that?

Your God......see Veridican Article of Faith 14 re Hell.
"We believe Hell is a place of spiritual agony where souls are kept for the pleasure of God"
Sooo, a dummy God who pleasures on the sufferings of enquiring people. What a bastard!

Where can the nutters send their tithe?
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
22-01-2013, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 06:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

And yet he continues to wander around aimlessly looking for a lifeboat in a sea of sand. And when he can't find one he makes one out of mesquite and tumbleweed. After sitting in it for a while and going nowhere he turns it upside down so he can hide from the glare of clarity. When he gets hungry he ventures out and repeats the whole goddam silly dance again. Sure as hell ain't gonna follow some quixotic fool like that, but he is a shitload of fun to watch.
Fucking Gwynnies is a hell of a lot more solidly grounded metaphysics than this fool's.

(22-01-2013 03:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Good times. Drinking Beverage
I don't get it. It tries to sound deep but seems self-defeating when used in conjunction with justification for belief. But I might just be trying to use ration, reason, and logic to evaluate anything Ego® says.

Like Girly, Ego® is his own personal Jesus. Unlike Girly, arrogant fool thinks he can show you how to become your own personal Savior too. No accounting for narcissism.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post