How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(22-01-2013 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Good times. Drinking Beverage

And yet he continues to wander around aimlessly looking for a lifeboat in a sea of sand. And when he can't find one he makes one out of mesquite and tumbleweed. After sitting in it for a while and going nowhere he turns it upside down so he can hide from the glare of clarity. When he gets hungry he ventures out and repeats the whole goddam silly dance again. Sure as hell ain't gonna follow some quixotic fool like that, but he is a shitload of fun to watch.
Fucking Gwynnies is a hell of a lot more solidly grounded metaphysics than this fool's.

(22-01-2013 03:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't get it. It tries to sound deep but seems self-defeating when used in conjunction with justification for belief. But I might just be trying to use ration, reason, and logic to evaluate anything Ego® says.

Like Girly, Ego® is his own personal Jesus. Unlike Girly, arrogant fool thinks he can show you how to become your own personal Savior too. No accounting for narcissism.
I want to save my self and all of human kind too. Big Grin

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
22-01-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 07:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-01-2013 06:49 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And yet he continues to wander around aimlessly looking for a lifeboat in a sea of sand. And when he can't find one he makes one out of mesquite and tumbleweed. After sitting in it for a while and going nowhere he turns it upside down so he can hide from the glare of clarity. When he gets hungry he ventures out and repeats the whole goddam silly dance again. Sure as hell ain't gonna follow some quixotic fool like that, but he is a shitload of fun to watch.
Fucking Gwynnies is a hell of a lot more solidly grounded metaphysics than this fool's.

Like Girly, Ego® is his own personal Jesus. Unlike Girly, arrogant fool thinks he can show you how to become your own personal Savior too. No accounting for narcissism.
I want to save my self and all of human kind too. Big Grin

hehehehehe ... This is why I miss the Prophet of the Gwynnies so much. ... "Save Yourself Bob, I'll Hold Them Back." ... hehehehehe

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-01-2013, 07:22 PM
(22-01-2013 04:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yes, you are, or you wouldn't be here. An atheist who doesn't believe, also doesn't give a damn about being an atheist. They just live their lives out. You are in here for the soul purpose of debating with theists in hopes that one will be able to show you something that can give you back your faith. Cuz you used to be one, didn't you? A Christian. Yes
What utter crap!
Atheists aren't obliged to believe Veridicanism, or any religion to be decent people!
You seek to live forever! What could be more egocentric than that?

Your God......see Veridican Article of Faith 14 re Hell.
"We believe Hell is a place of spiritual agony where souls are kept for the pleasure of God"
Sooo, a dummy God who pleasures on the sufferings of enquiring people. What a bastard!

Where can the nutters send their tithe?

What Woof said!
22-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Ive had a wander over to your site Egor (im bored and cant sleep) today and see that you now have three accounts on your forum.

There is Egor. Edward and Edward Gordon.

Can you give an explanation why you have three? With all of your talk on here within the last month of different forums you have been on and your admittance to sockpuppeting them I can only wonder if you do it here???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-01-2013, 08:44 PM
(22-01-2013 07:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  Ive had a wander over to your site Egor (im bored and cant sleep) today and see that you now have three accounts on your forum.

There is Egor. Edward and Edward Gordon.

Can you give an explanation why you have three? With all of your talk on here within the last month of different forums you have been on and your admittance to sockpuppeting them I can only wonder if you do it here???

He's a Trinity. Duh. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Like the old song, I ain't got nobody that I can depend on, just me myself and I ...or in his case egor, Edward and Edward Gordon...

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
23-01-2013, 05:03 PM
(18-01-2013 03:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is a statement I intend to release on my site. What do you think of it?

PS. I'm sorry to post this in TTA, but I can't think of a better place to vett it.

The Private Veridican

By definition, a Veridican is someone who believes the Veridican Articles of Faith. Therefore, to become a Veridican, one must only say to themselves that they believe the articles of faith.

But belief waxes and wanes. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, I wrote the Articles of Faith, but even I struggle with their meaning at times, and that struggle leads me to meditate on them, and that is good for my soul and my ongoing transformation into Christ.

Moreover, our peripatetic journey through life will always take us from doubt to faith and back again. That is the sign of a healthy transformation of spirit. So, don’t make the term “belief” too heavy a yoke on yourself. Look at it more like “inspired.” You believe the Articles enough, if you are inspired by them enough to keep thinking about their implications.

That’s private Veridicanism.

Public Veridicanism

Public Veridicanism has rules. If you want the world to know you are a Veridican, you have to make a public statement of faith so everyone knows where you stand. This is done online.

The public statement reads:

1. I believe in God.

2. I believe in God’s Son, Jesus Christ, and that my purpose is to become Christ, even as he was Christ.

3. I believe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are revealed in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4. I believe in the Veridican Articles of Faith of the Church of The Veridican to the extent of my understanding.

5. I will never disparage God, Jesus Christ, my brother and sisters in Christ, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor the Church of the Veridican.

6. On my honor, I make this statement in good faith without mental reservations or purposes of evasion, so help me God.

Presumably a person would just cut and paste it and maybe type there nic as a signature. Huh
Hey Egor remember when you hated Christianity?

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven all their sins and all the blasphemies they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’."

Yup you are stuck with us now for all eternity. Tongue

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-01-2013, 05:53 PM
It's all right. He has become Christ now. What he says defines truth, and he is not constrained by what previous Christs have said.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-01-2013, 06:38 PM

(21-01-2013 12:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey Ed, correct me if I'm wrong with this analysis:

From what I can gather, Veridicanism isn't a branch of Christianity. It's more of an interpretation of scripture.

Basically, it's like an eschatological interpretation. It doesn't define your denomination and can be integrated in it.

Just like there are Baptists and Catholics that are amillennialist or Methodists and Presbyterians that are Pre-trib, you can be a Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, etc, and believe in Veridicanism.

Yes?
No?

Hey K.C.,

I’m going to answer this here, and also post it in my forum under defining Veridicanism, but I will come back here to comment or there, wherever the comments are. It’s just a good question that fits both places.

I have thought about this a great deal, and at this time, I’m leading the Veridican Church by fiat (which I hate), so it is up to me to answer this question definitively for you.

I realize in the future this may change. In 2113 there may be war fought over it, who knows. But Edward Gordon, living in 2013, believes that Veridicanism is a Christian religion based on an interpretation of the Scripture. Even the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is a synthesis, it’s not some newly dreamed up prophecy. It is derivative in nature. It includes the Gospel of Thomas, but even that inclusion was done for fundamentalist reasons, not for some new age, Gnostic reason.

The Gospel of Thomas was not discovered until the 1940’s. I read a thesis on it, and the conclusion was that the only reason it wasn’t included in the Bible is because it probably wasn’t known to exist. A study of that Gospel reveals that it is less Gnostic in nature than the Gospel of John. And as a “sayings” Gospel—it really should be part of the Christian Canon, but it’s not.

Even worse: In 2005, when I penned the VGJC, I used various versions of the New Testament for comparison. Each one of those translations was carefully constructed over years by hardcore theologian scholars who took their work very seriously. But that wasn’t the case with the Gospel of Thomas. I learned about it in the 1990s and at that time there was only one translation I ever found, by 2005, everyone with a computer was translating it. The entire work is literally being lost to careless translation. There aren’t monks and scribes and theologians carefully preserving the text over centuries. The last document was in a cave in Nag Hammadi. It has no protection. So I saved it.

I saved it by taking the four Gospels, four of the best translations of Thomas, and synthesizing them all into one Gospel, and I did this under the direction and interpretation of the Holy Spirit.

How do I know it was the Holy Spirit? All I can say is God has talked to me since I was nine years old. God has sent me precognitive dreams and given me original arguments for His existence. God showed me proof of His existence to the point where I don’t even believe in Him anymore. To say I believe in God would be like saying I “believe” my wife exists. He gave me certainty. He led me to be a writer; He led me to be a Christian; He showed me the mysteries of the Gospel, and then He showed me the Gospel of Thomas, and I followed his command to write a Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There was the Old Testament. There was the New Testament, now there is the current testament. In my opinion, they should all be in one book, because I still use the Bible every day.

The interesting thing about Veridicanism that I never realized until recently is that it doesn’t interfere with any other denomination. It seasons them, or they season it, however you want to look at it. I was baptized Lutheran as a child. I’m still a Lutheran—I also happen to be a Veridican. And every one of the Articles of Faith of Veridicanism can be supported by New Testament Scripture. In other words, Veridicanism has its ordination through the Word of God.

So, other denominations may reject Veridicanism, but Veridicanism doesn’t reject other denominations. Unfortunately, therein lies a hard reality: One may have to endure the rejection of their denomination if they profess a Veridican belief. Even sadder, by the time the atheists get done shredding traditional Christianity, it may not matter what the other denominations do. If they were smart, they’d incorporate Veridicanism, because atheists can’t touch it. It slays them where they stand.

Can one be a Veridican and also a Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, denominational or Non-denominational Protestant? Of course they can. Actually, I would expect they would be. If Edward Gordon is a Lutheran and a Veridican, I would say the answer to your question is a definitive, “Yes.”

Thanks for asking it. Smartass
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
23-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh no, I be slain! The unimpeachable argument of "God's been talking to me in my head since I was 9 so I know he's real" has devastated my mental landscape and destroyed my belief in rationality, logic, and not eating poo! Alas! I am no more!

HURK! *dead*

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.