How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(23-01-2013 06:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 12:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey Ed, correct me if I'm wrong with this analysis:

From what I can gather, Veridicanism isn't a branch of Christianity. It's more of an interpretation of scripture.

Basically, it's like an eschatological interpretation. It doesn't define your denomination and can be integrated in it.

Just like there are Baptists and Catholics that are amillennialist or Methodists and Presbyterians that are Pre-trib, you can be a Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, etc, and believe in Veridicanism.

Yes?
No?

Hey K.C.,

I’m going to answer this here, and also post it in my forum under defining Veridicanism, but I will come back here to comment or there, wherever the comments are. It’s just a good question that fits both places.

I have thought about this a great deal, and at this time, I’m leading the Veridican Church by fiat (which I hate), so it is up to me to answer this question definitively for you.

I realize in the future this may change. In 2113 there may be war fought over it, who knows. But Edward Gordon, living in 2013, believes that Veridicanism is a Christian religion based on an interpretation of the Scripture. Even the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is a synthesis, it’s not some newly dreamed up prophecy. It is derivative in nature. It includes the Gospel of Thomas, but even that inclusion was done for fundamentalist reasons, not for some new age, Gnostic reason.

The Gospel of Thomas was not discovered until the 1940’s. I read a thesis on it, and the conclusion was that the only reason it wasn’t included in the Bible is because it probably wasn’t known to exist. A study of that Gospel reveals that it is less Gnostic in nature than the Gospel of John. And as a “sayings” Gospel—it really should be part of the Christian Canon, but it’s not.

Even worse: In 2005, when I penned the VGJC, I used various versions of the New Testament for comparison. Each one of those translations was carefully constructed over years by hardcore theologian scholars who took their work very seriously. But that wasn’t the case with the Gospel of Thomas. I learned about it in the 1990s and at that time there was only one translation I ever found, by 2005, everyone with a computer was translating it. The entire work is literally being lost to careless translation. There aren’t monks and scribes and theologians carefully preserving the text over centuries. The last document was in a cave in Nag Hammadi. It has no protection. So I saved it.

I saved it by taking the four Gospels, four of the best translations of Thomas, and synthesizing them all into one Gospel, and I did this under the direction and interpretation of the Holy Spirit.

How do I know it was the Holy Spirit? All I can say is God has talked to me since I was nine years old. God has sent me precognitive dreams and given me original arguments for His existence. God showed me proof of His existence to the point where I don’t even believe in Him anymore. To say I believe in God would be like saying I “believe” my wife exists. He gave me certainty. He led me to be a writer; He led me to be a Christian; He showed me the mysteries of the Gospel, and then He showed me the Gospel of Thomas, and I followed his command to write a Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There was the Old Testament. There was the New Testament, now there is the current testament. In my opinion, they should all be in one book, because I still use the Bible every day.

The interesting thing about Veridicanism that I never realized until recently is that it doesn’t interfere with any other denomination. It seasons them, or they season it, however you want to look at it. I was baptized Lutheran as a child. I’m still a Lutheran—I also happen to be a Veridican. And every one of the Articles of Faith of Veridicanism can be supported by New Testament Scripture. In other words, Veridicanism has its ordination through the Word of God.

So, other denominations may reject Veridicanism, but Veridicanism doesn’t reject other denominations. Unfortunately, therein lies a hard reality: One may have to endure the rejection of their denomination if they profess a Veridican belief. Even sadder, by the time the atheists get done shredding traditional Christianity, it may not matter what the other denominations do. If they were smart, they’d incorporate Veridicanism, because atheists can’t touch it. It slays them where they stand.

Can one be a Veridican and also a Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, denominational or Non-denominational Protestant? Of course they can. Actually, I would expect they would be. If Edward Gordon is a Lutheran and a Veridican, I would say the answer to your question is a definitive, “Yes.”

Thanks for asking it. Smartass
Thanks, Ed.

It's interesting to think about... especially the Thomas stuff. Makes you wonder if it would have been canonized if it was known about during the CoN.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to become a Veridican--what do you think? - Egor - 18-01-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think? - kingschosen - 24-01-2013 05:22 PM