How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 07:44 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(25-01-2013 12:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  Pascal's Wager makes a very good point: What is your life for? At the meat of things, that's all he's trying to get you to ponder. What is your life for? How you answer that determines whether or not you're worth listening to.
To the generality of men, nothing renders an argument more convincing than fear. It is therefore, that theologians assure us, we must take the safest part; that nothing is so criminal as incredulity; that God will punish without pity every one who has the temerity to doubt his existence; that his severity is just, since madness or perversity only can make us deny the existence of an enraged monarch, who without mercy avenges himself on Atheists. If we coolly examine these threatenings, we shall find, they always suppose the thing in question. They must first prove the existence of a God, before they assure us, it is safest to believe, and horrible to doubt or deny his existence. They must then prove, that it is possible and consistent, that a just God cruelly punishes men for having been in a state of madness, that prevented their believing the existence of a being, whom their perverted reason could not conceive. In a word, they must prove, that an infinitely just God can infinitely punish the invincible and natural ignorance of man with respect to the divine nature. Do not theologians reason very strangely? They invent phantoms, they compose them of contradictions; they then assure us, it is safest not to doubt the existence of these phantoms they themselves have invented. According to this mode of reasoning, there is no absurdity, which it would not be more safe to believe, than not to believe.

All children are born Atheists; they have no idea of God. Are they then criminal on account of their ignorance? At what age must
they begin to believe in God? It is, you say, at the age of reason. But at what time should this age commence? Besides, if the
profoundest theologians lose themselves in the divine nature, which they do not presume to comprehend, what ideas must man have of him?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2013, 12:57 AM
(25-01-2013 12:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  Pascal's Wager makes a very good point: What is your life for? At the meat of things, that's all he's trying to get you to ponder. What is your life for? How you answer that determines whether or not you're worth listening to.

Nah, Pascal's Wager is for pussies. "Birth, copulation and death. That's all the facts when you come to the brass tacks." - T.S. Eliot.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-01-2013, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 01:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)

I know this was recently posted elsewhere, but every time someone tries to defend Pascal's Wager, this needs to be posted again...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-01-2013, 01:18 AM
(24-01-2013 08:34 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  Anything I preached before December 23, 2012, is irrelevant. That was when I was wandering and still trying to figure out what Veridicanism meant to me. You will no doubt bring it up and up again, but I've repented of all that, and God knows it. Now you know it, too.

“For this reason, I say to you that all sin and blasphemy a person does will be forgiven of that person, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. That person is guilty of an eternal sin.

“Whoever speaks against the Son of Man shall be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit—the Spirit of Truth—will never be forgiven, not now and not in the future.”
(VGJC 14:28-29)

If you ridicule me, no problem. If you ridicule the Spirit that guides me, you're screwed. But don't worry, you won't care about that until you get to hell. Evil_monster
I'm not attacking you personally but was trying to point out that according to the bible you are stuck with us. However you wrote your own bible and fixed that little problem. Touche sir.

Now to threaten me with hell is like me threatening you with with reincarnation, bad karma, or an eternity of eating cheese wiz.

Also it's a form of pascals wager failure.
I used to like Cheeze Whiz; did they change it? Big Grin
25-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Well then Egor I hope you do live forever. There is nothing worse than eternal life.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 5 users Like fstratzero's post
25-01-2013, 10:41 PM
(25-01-2013 01:18 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I used to like Cheeze Whiz; did they change it? Big Grin
[Image: barf.gif]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
26-01-2013, 12:04 AM
[Image: 097NuCi.png]

-Baron d'Holbach-
26-01-2013, 06:40 PM
The narcissism in this thread scares me. Edward, I advise you to seek mental help. As soon as possible. I do not mean that as an insult, it is genuine heartfelt advice.

Otherwise I have a feeling one day I will see the name Edward Gordon in the papers or on TV. Probably in a story that ends with the phrase "and then he turned the gun on himself".
[+] 2 users Like hedgehog648's post
26-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Egor's song

-Baron d'Holbach-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Death of a Veridican houseofcantor 201 6,949 24-05-2013 06:28 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor