How to completely split ties with religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: How to completely split ties with religion?
X,

Give it time. You have begun by questioning and keeping an OPEN mind. These are good things and this is the path that will lead you to understanding. The dogma of fear of punishment or promise of reward is never a good reason to believe.

I found these books valuable:

The Portable Atheist- C. Hitchens
The God Delusion- R. Dawkins
Deconverted- S. Andrews

Listen to the weekly TA podcasts for a different perspective.

If you want to laugh and cry listen to Julia Sweeny's Letting Go of God link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTvx_QA6gIc

Cheers,
Ted

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ted Tucker's post
18-09-2015, 09:25 AM
(17-09-2015 08:00 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  X,

Give it time. You have begun by questioning and keeping an OPEN mind. These are good things and this is the path that will lead you to understanding. The dogma of fear of punishment or promise of reward is never a good reason to believe.

I found these books valuable:

The Portable Atheist- C. Hitchens
The God Delusion- R. Dawkins
Deconverted- S. Andrews

Listen to the weekly TA podcasts for a different perspective.

If you want to laugh and cry listen to Julia Sweeny's Letting Go of God link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTvx_QA6gIc

Cheers,
Ted

I had not listened to that before, that was amazing! Thanks!

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
18-09-2015, 11:03 AM
I think most everyone here had to deal with similar feelings and thoughts when we de-converted. It wasn't easy for me. I used my time when I was a new atheist to my advantage and I spent a lot of time studying the history of religion and I also spent a considerable amount of time studying apologetics and how to pick them apart logically.

Doing this enabled me to better stand up for myself when I was comfortable letting people know about my beliefs.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
24-09-2015, 01:10 PM
How to completely split ties with religion?
Twitter > Facebook, IMHO. I get 80% religious stuff on my FB too, but on Twitter I just hashtag atheism and I met a bunch of likeminded followers with interesting feeds.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes hyperhealer's post