How to convert an atheist to Christainity? Money!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2011, 06:54 AM
How to convert an atheist to Christainity? Money!
God bribes atheist into believing, so says Fox News.

If you don't want to watch the video, here's what was said; an atheist challenges his mother in a theological discussion to pray for a million dollars to prove there is a God. And she wins the lottery(for a million dollars). He is now a Christian. I would suggest watching, because there are a lot of little things to note about this interview.

Obviously I tend to think that it was just chance rather than our Invisible Sky Daddy hard at work. Occam's Razor and all that. The only reason why God seems like a good option is because we are use to concept being presented as true. If someone said this was due to Santa's Magic, no one would believe in Santa because of this. I wrote out a long, long rant about how messed up this whole situation would be from God's perspective, but then I decided to save it.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2011, 09:56 AM
RE: How to convert an atheist to Christainity? Money!
Well, it's good to know that the prayers of starving, dying children go unanswered daily, but when a fat white woman and her effeminate, vest wearing son nonchalantly ask for a million dollars, God takes notice.

I bet if halfway through the interview, they went "We prayed to God for a million dollars, and by God of course we mean Allah, and his prophet Muhammad." Fox would have cut to commercials and stock footage of the american flag. Seems it's only news to them if it promotes Christianity.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
15-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I just asked for the same thing. I'll let you guys know what happens. Wow, it's been awhile since I've prayed. (maybe I should have also prayed for those children. Confused )
15-06-2011, 11:22 AM
(15-06-2011 11:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I just asked for the same thing. I'll let you guys know what happens. Wow, it's been awhile since I've prayed. (maybe I should have also prayed for those children. Confused )

Agreed, let's test this. If atheists pray to win the lottery, do we have a higher success rate than the background rate? So, let's all pray/challenge god to reveal himself to us by giving us a million dollars, and if we all find ourselves millionaires, then there might be a god.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
15-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Sounds good to me! But if I'm the official recipient do I get all the money, or do I share? Because I was just going to let you guys know I won, but you said 'us'. Oh wait, re-reading, we each on our own become millionaires? Ooo, I like those terms! Do we have to buy a ticket for the miracle, or will my bank account just fill? This is getting complicated.... Just like always, dang it!
16-06-2011, 07:42 AM
So, how much money/winning lottery tickets would it take to really change the USA into a christian nation? Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
16-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Hell no. I've prayed for the lotto before.

'Hey God, here's your shot'

'God failed, What can you do for me Lucifer?'

'Allah buddy, I need some cash'

'El, you out there? I need some school money'

'Hey Hermes, you get left out way too much. Can you spare some good fortune?'

I have yet to win the lotto. It was fun talking with the dieties though.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cube's post
16-06-2011, 11:02 AM
(16-06-2011 07:42 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  So, how much money/winning lottery tickets would it take to really change the USA into a christian nation? Tongue

as much as it take you to convert. or at least shut up. i mean, really? how much 'in god we trust' money will it take?

this is yet another symptom of what it is i'm looking for.

we're already in the business of creating 'placation' monies. (please do help if my uneducated concepts of the national financial systems are overly simple, or just plain wrong.)
the usable value of our monetary unit is somehow directly linked with our GDP. How it's linked is an equation that is over my head; but is based on math, which i have faith in.
the GDP, a fluctuating variable, also the result of an equation, is a rating system indicating the productivity of our nation.

thinking that this is the case, or even close, i foresee an ever increasing number us at the 'breadline poverty' level.

in the vein reoccurring in other threads, i present the cartoon that introduced the need to be aware of national financial security in order to prevent being victimized by it: Count Duckula 1x15: Hardluck Hotel.

Thank you, be well.
16-06-2011, 11:38 AM
And now their chance of entering heaven according to their own doctrine=

Nill.
17-06-2011, 12:53 AM
(16-06-2011 11:02 AM)LarryT Wrote:  as much as it take you to convert. or at least shut up. i mean, really? how much 'in god we trust' money will it take?

It was a rhetorical question, but okay...
If you'd give me a million dollars just for "admitting" to believe in Jesus, I'd seriously consider it (yes, I'm a cheap bastard; houses are extremely expensive over here). I'd still be an atheist, though. And I still wouldn't support any religious influence in the government. When I was commissioned as an NCO, I had to swear allegiance to the king, even though I think royalty is an unfair and undemocratic system that belongs in the Middle Ages. It didn't influence the world in any way, so I lied. Does that make me a hypocrite?

But if you asked me to become a militant christian that would fight for a christian nation, then no amount of money could convince me.

And I think something went wrong with the cartoon you wanted to upload.

Greetz

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)