How to defend against asteroids TEDtalks video and such

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2012, 01:35 AM
How to defend against asteroids TEDtalks video and such

The video is entertaining, but it's got me thinking. WHAT IF religion has impeded science's progress just long enough so that we are unable to defend against a future asteroid? The "oh man we were just on the verge of something that would've saved earth" kinda revelation. If the Dark Ages of religion gave a world ending asteroid a perfect window to hit. In the cruelest twist of irony, religion caused the rapture and walls of fire to come true. Preachers dancing in the street while scientists facepalmed for all humanity.

[I'm still on Nyquil and trying to contribute, but my words are hard to find... I dropped them behind the sofa]

In my defense...

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
14-01-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: How to defend against asteroids TEDtalks video and such
I'd say "C'mon boy, let's fire up them mini-guns and go religious-nut hunting!" Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Came in this thread to ask what you have against steroids.

But you meant 'A'steroids.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-01-2012, 09:06 AM
But if we end up getting in the midst of a giant asteroid that could kill us can't we just pray it away? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really enjoy the TED discussions. Some very very good stuff. Spent a good bit of time the other day going through videos on it and cramming my brain.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post