How to explain consciousness in a natual way

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: How to explain consciousness in a natual way
"I was an atheist but..." - yeah, I doubt it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-05-2013, 07:30 AM
So we can't explain (completely understand) consciousness in a natural way, because our knowledge of nature (science) is limited.
The point is, we can gain still better understanding of consciousness in a natural way.
12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I was once a driver, but one morning my car wouldn't start and I couldn't figure out why. Thus, I now reject the notion that cars can be used as transportation.

In fact, human beings merely arrive at distant destinations through magic... and no one can ever understand the magic.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 06:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
Not easily, but so fucking what. Don't mean we shouldn't try to study and understand it rationally.

"A comprehensive understanding of consciousness will likely require theories of many types. One might usefully and without contradiction accept a diversity of models that each in their own way aim respectively to explain the physical, neural, cognitive, functional, representational and higher-order aspects of consciousness. There is unlikely to be any single theoretical perspective that suffices for explaining all the features of consciousness that we wish to understand. Thus a synthetic and pluralistic approach may provide the best road to future progress."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.