How to get away with a War Crime. Syria edition.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 05:13 PM by Revenant77x.)
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...snhp&pos=2

At the time it seemed inevitable that Assad would be deposed by a US led coalition but despite the UN report confirming his use of Chemical weapons on civilians, Assad is now in a stronger position than ever. Well like Father like Son.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: How to get away with a War Crime. Syria addition.
(03-11-2013 12:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...snhp&pos=2

At the time it seemed inevitable that Assad would be deposed by a US led coalition but despite the UN report confirming his use of Chemical weapons on civilians, Assad is now in a stronger position than ever. Well like Father like Son.

Well, obviously, it's the CIA's fault for controlling Al Qaeda and hi-jacking the Syrian revolution in the first place.

It's always the fault of the CIA and the capitalist US pig-dogs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: How to get away with a War Crime. Syria addition.
Did you mean edition?

"No gods, no masters."
-Margaret Sanger

Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.

If you want to be a language policeman, I suggest you find yourself in a George Orwell novel.
05-11-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: How to get away with a War Crime. Syria edition.
When did the UN confirm this? Evidence and date?

Are you saying this because you are worried about civilians in Syria? Or only the civilians killed by Assad?
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I get that the use of chemical weapons in a civil war is a complex issue, but the attitude went from "Stealth bombers ready to strike!" to "Okay, we're resolving this," when all that happened was the killers promised to not kill in the future, and turned in their weapons. If I could live by international diplomacy standards I could murder my opponent's spouse during a fight, then turn my gun into the local police station, promise not to do it again, and go free. It just seems... wrong?

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
05-11-2013, 04:51 PM
(05-11-2013 02:36 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I get that the use of chemical weapons in a civil war is a complex issue, but the attitude went from "Stealth bombers ready to strike!" to "Okay, we're resolving this," when all that happened was the killers promised to not kill in the future, and turned in their weapons. If I could live by international diplomacy standards I could murder my opponent's spouse during a fight, then turn my gun into the local police station, promise not to do it again, and go free. It just seems... wrong?

Or one could arm and fund terrorists that commit war crimes on a daily basis in Syria, kidnapping a, be headings, gang rapes.

Still waiting on evidence that Assads forces used ( implying they needed to) chemical weapons on its own people.

Speaking of war crimes, Israel last week bombed a syrian military base, attacking a nation pre-emptively and without being attacked first, This is a war crime according to Nuremberg courts that convicted nazis.

Next
05-11-2013, 10:51 PM
(05-11-2013 02:36 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I get that the use of chemical weapons in a civil war is a complex issue, but the attitude went from "Stealth bombers ready to strike!" to "Okay, we're resolving this," when all that happened was the killers promised to not kill in the future, and turned in their weapons. If I could live by international diplomacy standards I could murder my opponent's spouse during a fight, then turn my gun into the local police station, promise not to do it again, and go free. It just seems... wrong?

It's not what's right or what's wrong that determines what our course of action is. I am glad we did not attack Syria because we simply do not have any allies in that fight. However the reports I have read so far indicate that Assad is following through with the plan put together by Russia and the US to decommission their chemical weapons programs. That's a win in my view.
06-11-2013, 07:26 AM
(05-11-2013 10:51 PM)BryanS Wrote:  

It's not what's right or what's wrong that determines what our course of action is. I am glad we did not attack Syria because we simply do not have any allies in that fight. However the reports I have read so far indicate that Assad is following through with the plan put together by Russia and the US to decommission their chemical weapons programs. That's a win in my view.

So if the US had some countries join in on the attack, then it would be ok with you to attack?

You do know that doing so is a war crime right?
06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
(06-11-2013 07:26 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 10:51 PM)BryanS Wrote:  It's not what's right or what's wrong that determines what our course of action is. I am glad we did not attack Syria because we simply do not have any allies in that fight. However the reports I have read so far indicate that Assad is following through with the plan put together by Russia and the US to decommission their chemical weapons programs. That's a win in my view.

So if the US had some countries join in on the attack, then it would be ok with you to attack?

You're misunderstanding what I meant--I may not have been clear about this, but I meant that we have no Syrian allies in this fight.
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 03:27 PM by Free Thought.)
(06-11-2013 07:26 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 10:51 PM)BryanS Wrote:  It's not what's right or what's wrong that determines what our course of action is. I am glad we did not attack Syria because we simply do not have any allies in that fight. However the reports I have read so far indicate that Assad is following through with the plan put together by Russia and the US to decommission their chemical weapons programs. That's a win in my view.

Yes, calling on military alliances to bring allies into a fight are war crimes, I$I. I can now officially state that WWI itself was a war crime, thanks for helping clear that up. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.