How to get holy water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: How to get holy water
(26-08-2012 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 05:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I want it to be actual holy water from a catholic priest. The real deal.

Keep the ideas coming, and I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Sorry, but you're making a distiction, where there is none, officially.
Catholic priests do not "bless" holy water, normally. It's done in a large vessel, at the Easter Vigil service, when they dip the candle into the water, and that IS, what is in the fonts. There is no difference. If you walk in and ask for water to be blessed, he will just give you some from the supply from last Easter, I think.

Ahhh, ok. Well that's the stuff I want. Just don't want to take it out of the hand dunky bowl thingys. They've had a bunch of dirty catholic hands in em.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Drew, either kind of priest will do. All that matters is that Catholics would consider it holy.

26-08-2012, 05:41 PM
(26-08-2012 05:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Drew, either kind of priest will do. All that matters is that Catholics would consider it holy.

Congratulations that was your 3000th post!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY-XdLofv5RkYK9-rLCXp...mp;amp;t=1]

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-08-2012, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 05:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-08-2012 05:37 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry, but you're making a distiction, where there is none, officially.
Catholic priests do not "bless" holy water, normally. It's done in a large vessel, at the Easter Vigil service, when they dip the candle into the water, and that IS, what is in the fonts. There is no difference. If you walk in and ask for water to be blessed, he will just give you some from the supply from last Easter, I think.

Ahhh, ok. Well that's the stuff I want. Just don't want to take it out of the hand dunky bowl thingys. They've had a bunch of dirty catholic hands in em.

Dude. It's holy water. It magical. There are no bacteria, and amoeba, and paramecia in der. Oh wait. Just boil some. The "holiness" won't come out. I promise. Actually you need to send me your VISA number, I'll get you some, straight from, umm, umm, the Vatican. Yeah, that's it. I' get some from Benny's private stock. I promise.

Edit: Ok I'm at least in part wrong. The font stuff is correct, but : From "Catholic Answers .com'"

Re: Can we take home the holy water?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure. Religious supply stores sell holy water bottles and home fonts for precisely that purpose. I don't recommend filling your holy water bottle from the church font though; that's for everyone's use while entering and leaving the church. If the parish doesn't have a tank with attached spigot set up for filling holy water bottles in the vestibule of the church, then ask the sacristan or parish clergy where to find the parish's supply of holy water.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Find the nearest Catholic bookstore...they should have it.

Grandma kept a small font at the top of the stairs so everyone could get their cross on before bed and before starting the day. Little ceramic thing of the Virgin Mary with a small bowl on the bottom. Little piece of sponge in there, holy water poured in it as needed. Not sure what the rules are for keeping it fresh and holy though...proper temp, in the dark, with your Bible or rosary.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-08-2012, 06:37 PM
(26-08-2012 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Find the nearest Catholic bookstore...they should have it.

Grandma kept a small font at the top of the stairs so everyone could get their cross on before bed and before starting the day. Little ceramic thing of the Virgin Mary with a small bowl on the bottom. Little piece of sponge in there, holy water poured in it as needed. Not sure what the rules are for keeping it fresh and holy though...proper temp, in the dark, with your Bible or rosary.

Get a bottle of water, go to mass, and after mass go see the priest and ask him to bless it for you and you have holy water. My aunt even asks him to do it to food on certain days of the year. I have eaten holy food and drank holy water at her place before. First you eat and drink the holy stuff and then you eat whatever and it's all good, lol.

Anyways, what do you want it for?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Ummm, there's no such thing as holy water.Drinking Beverage

Except coffee.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 07:05 PM
How to get holy water
(26-08-2012 07:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ummm, there's no such thing as holy water.Drinking Beverage

Except coffee.

Actually there is such a thing as holy water. It's just not efficacious.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-08-2012, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 07:29 PM by fstratzero.)
All you need is a sign, and a spigot.

[Image: Holy_water_St_Teresa%27s_church_Clarendo...su_Tai.jpg]
"Take home" holy water at St Teresa's church, Dublin

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-08-2012, 07:29 PM
You guys gotta keep in mind, the point is to fill my bong with water that Catholics consider "Holy Water". It has nothing whatsoever to do with what the water actually is. If we were looking for a specific kind of water, it would be reverse osmosis, not holy.