How to handle hypocritial syblings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 12:37 PM
How to handle hypocritial syblings?
As a former believer of over 20 years. When I became an atheist 10 years ago, my best option was to keep it low key from my fundamentalist family, but over time, I came to realize that I didn’t want to live life pretending to believe something I didn’t so gradually I’ve come out to my siblings but not my parents.
I have a couple of siblings, both evangelical Christians but interestingly, I’m the only one who hasn’t been divorced or had an unplanned pregnancy.
Recently, I’ve had some health issues and my parents were supportive and my father even volunteered to donate a kidney for me (I need a transplant) but they still think I’m a believer, what do my 2 siblings who know about my lack of belief do? They both refuse to donate. I feel like calling them out on their hypocrisy but figure it will just cause bad blood in the family and I’m not sure I want to communicate my unbelief to my parents right now. So my coping mechanism is to reduce the time I spend with family and concentrate it only on my parents. Any thoughts or advice on how to approach my siblings? I’m not sure if their refusal is due to my unbelief but it seems the height of hypocrisy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply