How to help my mother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: How to help my mother
Looks like it is really starting to get better.
My mom wrote again today.
She told me that Max feels pain in his legs now and that this is a good sign.
She said she had to wipe his syliver (spelled correctly?) a lot because he can't swallow, yet. And he reacted as if he doesn't like that. So she told him that if she doesn't wipe it, it will go in his beard. He then didn't respond negatively anymore.
He is not yet really awake but he tried to open his eyes and to keep them open.
She asked him if he is trying to open his eyes and that he can sleep a little more if he wants, that she is coming every day anyway. And then he actually cried, like tears, not loud of course.
The doctor said that these are very very good signs and she was allowed to stay longer again.

Keeping you posted Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
24-07-2012, 02:02 PM
That's really wonderful - the prognosis might be better than expected. It's a good chance for your Mom to regain her strength and help herself, too.

Since he might be able to understand, you might encourage her to find things to read to him. It will help him and it could get her into the habit of looking for interesting media for stimulation. It could also help distract her from dwelling too much on his condition. Even something as simple as a local magazine or the news paper; anything to keep him in touch with daily goings on will help your Mom as well. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-07-2012, 02:10 PM
yes I will suggest that although I know that she is not dwelling right now, she is pretty happy that it looks so got right now.
But yes, reading the news to him might be good Smile If he actually understands something, and it seems like it, he would hear some news.

29-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I got good news again.
Max' pneumonia is getting better and better.
He is by now breathing on his own although they still expand his lungs for him, so it is not too exhausting.
He had a "wake" moment when my mother wasn't there, when he looked around.
Apart from the fact that he does seem to recognize voice, he can't communicate, yet.

Hope to have good news again, soon Smile

29-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow this is wonderful Smile Hope even more good news in the near future Smile
29-07-2012, 05:17 PM
(29-07-2012 04:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wow this is wonderful Smile Hope even more good news in the near future Smile

Good going. I like the comment about reading to him. When my husband was drifting in and out of consciousness, he really enjoyed being read to. He couldn't do anything else with his mind, and he much enjoyed beng given food for thought.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
WOW ok this sounds great now.
My mother told me that he definitely recognizes her because he always gets emotional when she is there, normally he starts crying or at least gets red eyes.
Today she massaged his legs and then asked him if he liked it and he actually NODDED! And before that when he woke up and saw her, he smiled at her!
When she told him that, now as she knows that he understands her words, she knows that they can do this! He got red eyes again.

I think he is on a really good way there! This sounds great!
Even if he might not be able to form words anymore, knowing that he can understand means that worst case he has to learn sign language, best case he will be able to talk. both is fine!!

[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Praise the Lord! It's an answer to your prayers!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
This sounds like very promising news!

Of course, his further recovery will be very long, but this might be something for your Mom to look forward to - she can be a major part of his rehabilitation.

It's going to be good for your Mom to see the progress, no matter how slight. Tell her to keep up the good work - everything she's doing is positive! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
(01-08-2012 01:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Praise the Lord! It's an answer to your prayers!
Erxomai?????