How to help someone being abused?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 08:20 AM
RE: How to help someone being abused?
(11-03-2016 08:18 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  No Sadcryface Sadcryface

very, very sad today.

Oh no what happened? Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 08:26 AM
(11-03-2016 08:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 08:18 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  No Sadcryface Sadcryface

very, very sad today.

Oh no what happened? Hug

bad. i cant say. im afraid for her. and it is following a very predictable path.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
11-03-2016, 08:32 AM
(11-03-2016 08:26 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 08:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no what happened? Hug

bad. i cant say. im afraid for her. and it is following a very predictable path.

I'm so sorry.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Undecided Sorry.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Just an update for those of you who have shown support during this ordeal...

She is out. The day she left was terrifying. He had taken her cell phone and car keys. He left her at home alone for a few minutes to take the kids to the grandparent's house nearby so they could "talk". Fortunately, we had been able to arrange an emergency pick-up spot. She had to leave on foot with what she could carry in a backpack and hitchhike into town. I was too far away to get to her in time but was able to get in contact with a family member through FB. This last week, for various reasons, has been a nightmare for her. But, she is with family now - and safe. She finally opened up to her family and is letting them help her. Through her lawyer, she was able to get her phone back, which contains incriminating evidence against him. Things are looking up.

Thank you all so much for your advice and support.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-03-2016, 09:44 AM
(29-03-2016 09:32 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Just an update for those of you who have shown support during this ordeal...

She is out. The day she left was terrifying. He had taken her cell phone and car keys. He left her at home alone for a few minutes to take the kids to the grandparent's house nearby so they could "talk". Fortunately, we had been able to arrange an emergency pick-up spot. She had to leave on foot with what she could carry in a backpack and hitchhike into town. I was too far away to get to her in time but was able to get in contact with a family member through FB. This last week, for various reasons, has been a nightmare for her. But, she is with family now - and safe. She finally opened up to her family and is letting them help her. Through her lawyer, she was able to get her phone back, which contains incriminating evidence against him. Things are looking up.

The kids?

Great news that somehow this seems to have come right now.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-03-2016, 09:51 AM
So glad she is safe. i hope kids are okay too.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-03-2016, 09:55 AM
(29-03-2016 09:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 09:32 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Just an update for those of you who have shown support during this ordeal...

The kids?

Great news that somehow this seems to have come right now.

The kids are staying with his parents right now. That situation, and a few others, will hopefully be corrected this week. He messed up by providing her with some compelling evidence against him. So, she has quite a bit of leverage.

[+] 6 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a better outcome than most other possivbilities. Good for you for helping her!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post