How to make the gym fun?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: How to make the gym fun?
Join a spin class
Find a cross fit or strength training routine or app for your phone, and follow it
Set challenges for yourself

Smile Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-06-2016, 12:06 PM
While I love running and cycling, running on a tread mill, or cycling on any sort of a stationary device is just the pits for me. I've tried listening to music and podcasts, reading, watching TV, etc, but nothing really has made it less painful and I actually love running or cycling outside. I remember when I lived in Southern California on the way in to my lab, I passed a gym full of people doing cardio on stationary devices and wondered why the hell would you want to run on a tread mill indoors when you have such spectacularly beautiful weather in which to run outside. So if you are like me, I recommend ditching the gym and hitting the great outdoors. Set a goal to do a local 5K or 10K for motivation.
15-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(15-06-2016 12:06 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  While I love running and cycling, running on a tread mill, or cycling on any sort of a stationary device is just the pits for me. I've tried listening to music and podcasts, reading, watching TV, etc, but nothing really has made it less painful and I actually love running or cycling outside. I remember when I lived in Southern California on the way in to my lab, I passed a gym full of people doing cardio on stationary devices and wondered why the hell would you want to run on a tread mill indoors when you have such spectacularly beautiful weather in which to run outside. So if you are like me, I recommend ditching the gym and hitting the great outdoors. Set a goal to do a local 5K or 10K for motivation.

I hate running actually. Always did. On my absolute fitness peak, I still hated running. I can sprint, but I cannot run for a long time. No way I go for a 5K or anything like that haha.
I was planning on a lot of training for upper body strength and a little cardio many on the bike or something.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
15-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Drinking Game with a buddy, do like whoever gets less miles on the treadmill in a time limit takes a shot etc. You will either be really swoll or really drunk.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-06-2016, 03:20 PM
You could always sneak into the gym late at night when nobody's there -- with a friend -- and have some wild sex on a weight bench....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Make a pitcher of margaritas, make some nachos, find a comfortable spot to watch the people sweating and straining. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2016, 03:50 PM
(15-06-2016 03:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You could always sneak into the gym late at night when nobody's there -- with a friend -- and have some wild sex on a weight bench....

Big Grin

Damn you all to hell Biker! That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. Jacuzzi sex is fun too. The gym I belong to has a salt based jacuzzi and swimming pool. It's pretty neat. Haven't had sex in it though. There's too many people around all the time.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-06-2016, 03:53 PM
(15-06-2016 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Make a pitcher of margaritas, make some nachos, find a comfortable spot to watch the people sweating and straining. Thumbsup

When I go to yoga the guys in the gym watch through the big glass windows. Downward dog seems to be their favorite position.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post