How to make the world free from religion and other shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2013, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 02:48 AM by HanzoHasashi.)
How to make the world free from religion and other shit
Religion brainwashes people.
Who needs brainwashed people? - Government.
So Governments support Churches and other shitty organizations to brainwash people.

I think popularization of religion is same kind of crime as popularization of fascism. So religious people should stop spreading their dumb ideas and building Churches or other religious buildings. They can do whatever they want at home.

But unfortunately, as I said before, Governments support religious organizations because religion is one of the most powerful weapons that authorities own.

I see two ways out:
1. Popularize Anarchy and make people see that the religion is used only for political reasons today, and that the State is the reason for all the evil around.
2. Popularize Science and make people see that String Theory is far more interesting and logical than the story about Adam, Eve and Snake having threesome sex in Heaven.

Well, as a radical leftist I would choose first option because it would solve many other problems as well as this one.

What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2013, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 05:35 PM by PoolBoyG.)
RE: How to make the world free from religion and other shit
(21-10-2013 02:26 AM)HanzoHasashi Wrote:  Religion brainwashes people.
So Governments support Churches and other shitty organizations to brainwash people.

I think popularization of religion is same kind of crime as popularization of fascism. So religious people should stop spreading their dumb ideas and building Churches or other religious buildings. They can do whatever they want at home.

But unfortunately, as I said before, Governments support religious organizations because religion is one of the most powerful weapons that authorities own.

I see two ways out:
1. Popularize Anarchy and make people see that the religion is used only for political reasons today, and that the State is the reason for all the evil around.
2. Popularize Science and make people see that String Theory is far more interesting and logical than the story about Adam, Eve and Snake having threesome sex in Heaven.

Well, as a radical leftist I would choose first option because it would solve many other problems as well as this one.

What do you think?

Can you think of governments that were indifferent, or perhaps hostile to religious people?
Can you think of religious people who are hostile to the government?

Can you think of a time in human history, way before government, let alone any form of governance, where people were religious?

Can you think of beliefs or opinions that are not religious, but are incredibly irrational, vile, and dangerous?
Can you think of people who are religious, but are less irrational and monstrous than non religious people?

In your anarchic society, if people were still "religious", and say, perhaps, extremists, who would you turn to to help secularise your community?
21-10-2013, 05:08 AM
(21-10-2013 03:20 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Can you think of governments that were indifferent, or perhaps hostile to religious people?
Can you think of religious people who are hostile to the government?
No.

(21-10-2013 03:20 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Can you think of a time in human history, way before government, let alone form of governance, where people were religious?
Can't remember.

(21-10-2013 03:20 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Can you think of beliefs or opinions that are not religious, but are incredibly irrational, vile, and dangerous?
Can you think of people who are religious, but are less irrational and monstrous than non religious people?
Maybe there are some.

(21-10-2013 03:20 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  In your anarchic society, if people were still "religious", and say, perhaps, extremists, who would you turn to to help secularise your community?
You mean, make people keep their faith for themselves and "forbid" them to spread their religious thoughts looks totalitarian?
21-10-2013, 05:36 AM

I see two ways out:

What do you think?

I find myself questioning the premise that the Government supports churches for brainwashing. In Australia at the least, the Churches generally stay out of Parliament and the politicians typically stay out of the churches (aside from on their personal days of worship), with the two rarely intersecting by either groups whims and should they intersect it is usually because of an individual, not either body (plus Sect. 116 of the Constitution prevents the Parliament from interfering too much anyway...)

Must be am American thing...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
21-10-2013, 05:59 AM
You aren't going to kill religion without evolution changing our brains over a very long period of time.

Every organization with power and something to gain from you is wanting to 'brainwash' you. Whether it is the church, a political party, or General Mills, or Volkswagen. They want something from you and humans are susceptible to to coercion, sometimes for subtly than others. Most people think, 'Oh, not me ' as well. This is life. Religion or no, government or no, cooperation or no.

21-10-2013, 07:19 AM
(21-10-2013 05:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I see two ways out:

What do you think?

I find myself questioning the premise that the Government supports churches for brainwashing. In Australia at the least, the Churches generally stay out of Parliament and the politicians typically stay out of the churches (aside from on their personal days of worship), with the two rarely intersecting by either groups whims and should they intersect it is usually because of an individual, not either body (plus Sect. 116 of the Constitution prevents the Parliament from interfering too much anyway...)

Does the church get financing from government?

I live in Georgia(Eastern Europe) and church has almost unlimited power here. They get 25 million a year, they are free from any kind of taxes, have monopoly on selling religious supplies, own and get share from several big companies. Most of the priests are directly sermonize fascism and call western Europe and USA bugger civilization.
21-10-2013, 02:48 PM
(21-10-2013 07:19 AM)HanzoHasashi Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 05:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I find myself questioning the premise that the Government supports churches for brainwashing. In Australia at the least, the Churches generally stay out of Parliament and the politicians typically stay out of the churches (aside from on their personal days of worship), with the two rarely intersecting by either groups whims and should they intersect it is usually because of an individual, not either body (plus Sect. 116 of the Constitution prevents the Parliament from interfering too much anyway...)

Does the church get financing from government?

I live in Georgia(Eastern Europe) and church has almost unlimited power here. They get 25 million a year, they are free from any kind of taxes, have monopoly on selling religious supplies, own and get share from several big companies. Most of the priests are directly sermonize fascism and call western Europe and USA bugger civilization.

Here the Churches do not receive financial benefits from the government (with possibly a few exceptions which are huge charity organisations, but I'm not sure of that), they do receive exemption for certain taxes but that is only if they provide services deemed charitable and which can be proven to be so under what is commonly known as the 'Public Benefit Test' which tests if the supposed service provides obvious and clear benefit to all of the public without restriction and only then are exemptions for certain taxes allowed to the organisation applying for charity status (not just churches).

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
21-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:So religious people should stop spreading their dumb ideas and building Churches or other religious buildings. They can do whatever they want at home.

Sorry, but the master commanded, "What you hear whispered in secret, shout from the rooftops." We're not going away and we are displeased with Christians who "keep it at home". God bless you.
21-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry to say we are all living in the superstition age.
But when our decendents look back, loling about the earth is flat etc.
They will see this was the start of the age of reason and some were curing themselves of the cancerous memes from the past.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
21-10-2013, 07:53 PM

In most of the Anglophone world there is a separation of church and state and besides receiving exemption from taxation the churches don't get any support from government.

Quote:I think popularization of religion is same kind of crime as popularization of fascism. So religious people should stop spreading their dumb ideas and building Churches or other religious buildings. They can do whatever they want at home.

The criminalisation of communications about fascism (or any idea) is bad law that is, ironically, fascistic. A liberal democracy has no business telling its citizens what to think. The criminalisation of ideas is much more disturbing than any of the ideas that have been criminalised.

Quote:But unfortunately, as I said before, Governments support religious organizations because religion is one of the most powerful weapons that authorities own.

Where and how do governments support religious organisations?

Quote:I see two ways out:

That is a very reductive explanation of religion and like most reductions I think it is false.

Quote:2. Popularize Science and make people see that String Theory is far more interesting and logical than the story about Adam, Eve and Snake having threesome sex in Heaven.

Where I am from we have a government TV station and it is the only TV station that regularly broadcasts science documentaries. The commercial stations will not broadcast such programmes because they don't attract the audience they need to make a profit. Most people aren't interested in science and that includes most people that don't identify as members of a church.

Quote:Well, as a radical leftist I would choose first option because it would solve many other problems as well as this one.

That is debatable. I think that the belief that our salvation is to be found in some political ideology is just as naive as the belief that our salvation is to be found in some religion. Some of our major problems are due to the discrepancy between the environment in which our brains evolved and modernity.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user