How to overcome stupidity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: How to overcome stupidity?
(21-04-2016 10:01 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  My entire life has been this way. I have always struggled for acceptance. there have been times when I have done things which I thought were brilliant and deserving of their fair share of recognition but no one ever seemed to notice or acknowledge any of it. Meanwhile my siblings were deriving praise and recognition for every move they made. My siblings were very talented and smart. My sister was an all-state athlete who played softball in college. My brother was also an athlete and both of them were great students. They both have advanced degrees from top notch universities. I have spent years trying to figure out what I'm good at and nothing really ever seemed to stick. I only passed high school because a couple of teachers felt sorry for me and passed me with a 69.9. I was terrible in college as well.

For the past several years I have wanted to "redeem" myself, if you will, and try to get myself into a top university. I converted from Christianity to atheism after metting a couple of atheists at work and having an argument with them. They upset me so much that I went home and typed "atheist" into the search bar on youtube. Behold, a bunch of Atheist Experience videos came up and I got to enjoy Matt Dillahunty tell me all about the wonders of free-thought and skepticism. It converted me quite quickly and pretty soon the pursuit for knowledge and education became the most important thing in my life. But I was stuck with all this baggage from the past. My personality was still envious and jealous. I still had a complex about being inferior and unimportant. Today, I don't think this is a complex, but a reality. I believe it is a reality which I have brought upon myself by virtue of the type of person I am. I'm just not a very good person.

I decided just this past semester to go back to college to try and pursue an education. I was forced to go with a lame-ass community college because there's no way a legitimate college would accept me with my atrocious past grades. I'm almost done with my first semester and I can honestly say that I am not any better or brighter of a student now than I was back then. Even when I actually care about school and apply myself I still cannot get good grades. I'm struggling big time in my classes and these are almost all remedial classes.

I reject the idea that stupid people can become smarter. You cannot create more brain. You cannot get more out of something when it is not there. I have wanted for the past few years to go to a top research university and get a superb education, but I know that goal will never happen. I thought maybe going to community college and doing very well would make it so I could transfer to a top school to complete my bachelor's degree. I am wasting my time.

I know I have said it before, but I absolutely hate life. I hate it. There is nothing good, fun, or enjoyable to me in life at all. I do not enjoy anything life has to offer. I do not enjoy other people, games, music, movies, food, drugs, alcohol, conversation, or any other activity. I am numb to deriving enjoyment out of life. I am a miserable person with strange problems who does not fit in with the world. You can have absolutely no clue how much I just want to kill myself, and to so in such a way that I will suffer in the process. There is nothing to like about me. I do not, and can not, contribute to the world in positive ways. I really do believe that my death would be a cause for celebration. I also don't think there would be much cause for despair or sorrow in the minds of the people I know. I think there is a reason people like me have suicidal thoughts. I believe they signify the necessity for us to go through with it. Because vital, worthy, desirable people have confidence and do not experience natural tendencies to kill themselves. I would argue that suicidal depression could be seen as a mechanism of natural selection to get rid of inferior minds. Inferior-minded people get rightfully ostracized by their society, they rightfully feel depressed and suicidal, they commit suicide, natural selection has done its job.

I may sound bat shit crazy to some of you. I am doing my best to be honest with you on my true thoughts.

So what do you hope to accomplish here by telling us this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 10:15 PM
I am going to have to read through all of this again tomorrow. I am puzzled by the whole exchange. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
21-04-2016, 10:18 PM

(21-04-2016 10:11 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So what do you hope to accomplish here by telling us this?

Nothing really. I am just miserable and depressed. I hate my life and myself. I'm just here to talk about that. I'm an atheist, so I decided to join an atheist forum. It's certainly better than joining some forum were God damn Christians would be like "don't be sad, Jesus loves you and doesn't want to you to be sad."
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 10:20 PM

At least the answers here would be predicated upon reality.
21-04-2016, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2016 10:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-04-2016 08:38 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  And that will be my final post. I will leave you all alone now. Thanks.

That's how you do it. Thumbsup

When you say you will leave me alone I expect you to leave me alone.

#sigh
21-04-2016, 10:26 PM
(21-04-2016 10:20 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  At least the answers here would be predicated upon reality.

Well you've already gotten your answers, ignored them, and then said you were leaving. I don't see what else there is to say.
21-04-2016, 10:26 PM
(21-04-2016 10:18 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:11 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So what do you hope to accomplish here by telling us this?

Nothing really. I am just miserable and depressed. I hate my life and myself. I'm just here to talk about that. I'm an atheist, so I decided to join an atheist forum. It's certainly better than joining some forum were God damn Christians would be like "don't be sad, Jesus loves you and doesn't want to you to be sad."

Don’t be sad, FSM loves you and doesn’t want you to be sad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2016, 10:41 PM

(21-04-2016 10:26 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:20 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  At least the answers here would be predicated upon reality.

Well you've already gotten your answers, ignored them, and then said you were leaving. I don't see what else there is to say.

Okay, I guess I will then.
21-04-2016, 10:42 PM
(21-04-2016 08:38 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  And that will be my final post. I will leave you all alone now. Thanks.

I'm going to hold you to that.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-04-2016, 11:04 PM
I hope you don't leave if you don't actually want to. Doesn't matter if you go back on your word, or if others want you gone. Do what you want to do.

You described yourself as someone who is unable to enjoy literally any activity. That sounds like clinical depression. Now, if you care what society thinks, you might not want to consider that as a possibility. Maybe you think qeople will think of you as lazy. No doubt over-diagnosis is a thing. But nobody can be more sure than yourself whether it's true or not, and if you think it is; again, I'd say to disregard what society, especially possible religious relatives, have to say about it.