How to overcome stupidity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 12:35 AM

RE: How to overcome stupidity?
I'm afraid none of you understand what I'm talking about. I'm also sure that I cannot explain it.
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 12:50 AM
(20-04-2016 11:36 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  Since this is my first post to this forum, hello to all.

I'm very bummed out about life in general. The main reason for this is the fact that, despite how desperately I try, I'm just not a smart person. In fact, I'm a very stupid person. I literally amaze myself with how utterly stupid I am. I try to exercise my thinking abilities and I get absolutely nowhere. Sometime I think I'm making progress only for it to be revealed that I haven't. People I typically envision as being unintelligent often one-up me in colloquial discussion and prove that I am just a sloppy and inept thinker.

I cannot do mathematics to save my fucking life. I am currently going back to college after failing out four years ago and I cannot even do basic algebra. I have dedicated hours on end trying to understand it to absolutely no avail. I am one-hundred-thousand percent convinced that I will never be able to attain the level of intelligence that I want to. In fact, I believe that I am well below average intelligence. My high school and college grades, along with my experience in daily life proves this. I've done all I know to do. I'm just an inherently stupid person. I am also convinced at this point that stupidity is not something one can overcome. I believe it is an indefinite trait of an individual's character.

I am not joking with this post. I am honestly contemplating suicide at this moment. I keep several loaded guns in my room. I am disgusted with myself and the fact that I seem to be an intellectual dud. Even the most air-headed people can make me look foolish. I wish so strongly to be an intelligent person but I can never seem to attain this dream. I am stuck with the natural consequences of an inferior mind. I feel that my genetics should not be allowed to pass on. I just feel like putting an end to my life. I understand that knowledge can be attained, but knowledge is not equivalent to intelligence and the ability to think critically. I just do not have the ability to analyze things for myself. Every position I hold has to come from other individuals who have done the thinking for me. When put on the spot, I cannot defend myself. I am the pure example of an imbecile. I hate myself. I just want to die.

Holy cow, for someone who's stupid you're pretty smart. I could never write as well as you when I was in college. It's taken me years, I'm talkin years to be able to string a sentence together that made any sense and even now I struggle. And math? Ha!!...... Ha!!...... and again I say........ HA! I can add if I have my phone handy with the calculator mode turned on. And Algebra ...pffffffffffft. What's that?

Don't hate yourself. There are things you probably do very well. It might not even be something you recognize in yourself but everyone is usually good at something. You just have to find it.

How old are you?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 12:53 AM

I get shown all the time just how stupid I am. I am the one who wants to be the "intellectual type". The person who is well-versed on all the issues. The person who has an irrefutable argument on tap for anything the average person wants to throw at him on any given topic. The reality is, I don't even achieve this on ANY of my day to day encounters. The most marginally (or even less-than-smart) people school me all the time. I think there are realms of thought I have engaged in that none of my friends have touched, or will ever touch. Ones that I can take pride in being the only one of friends to be well-studied on. But I learn that everyone else has already been there and surpassed where I am at a long time ago. I have learned that I am not only NOT ahead in the intelligence game, but I am miles behind and struggling to keep up, or to even keep the others in sight.

I think this proves two things. I am both stupid and jealous. Two horrible things. God damn, I fucking hate myself. I think I will kill myself tonight. I don't even want to see daylight tomorrow morning. I think the best thing for me is to remove myself from the world and the possibility of pro-creation. I think the bliss of non-existence will also suit me just fine because it will essentially be a purer form of how my life is now. It will also be a purer form of my contributions to the world as well. I'm pathetic in every way imaginable. I have studied very hard in this, my first semester back to school in years, and I am still not doing well in my classes. I fucking hate myself. I am going to blow my fucking head all over the wall tonight.
21-04-2016, 01:00 AM
(21-04-2016 12:35 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  I'm afraid none of you understand what I'm talking about. I'm also sure that I cannot explain it.
While you may try to study and grasping some issues may be difficult. Knowing how to retain or grasp abstract ideas can be as much as skill to understand more than intellegence on its own.

You might need to find ways to relate learning new ideas to your already formulated interests in your life. Of mathematical thinking in algebra boggles you. Focus more on what interests you about it while you contemplate it, or maybe more communicative manners of learning suit you than trying to study things solo. It can be tough trying to tackle things thinking you can't do it while still pushing yourself to do it all on your own

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-04-2016, 01:05 AM
(21-04-2016 12:53 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  I get shown all the time just how stupid I am. I am the one who wants to be the "intellectual type". The person who is well-versed on all the issues. The person who has an irrefutable argument on tap for anything the average person wants to throw at him on any given topic. The reality is, I don't even achieve this on ANY of my day to day encounters. The most marginally (or even less-than-smart) people school me all the time. I think there are realms of thought I have engaged in that none of my friends have touched, or will ever touch. Ones that I can take pride in being the only one of friends to be well-studied on. But I learn that everyone else has already been there and surpassed where I am at a long time ago. I have learned that I am not only NOT ahead in the intelligence game, but I am miles behind and struggling to keep up, or to even keep the others in sight.

I think this proves two things. I am both stupid and jealous. Two horrible things. God damn, I fucking hate myself. I think I will kill myself tonight. I don't even want to see daylight tomorrow morning. I think the best thing for me is to remove myself from the world and the possibility of pro-creation. I think the bliss of non-existence will also suit me just fine because it will essentially be a purer form of how my life is now. It will also be a purer form of my contributions to the world as well. I'm pathetic in every way imaginable. I have studied very hard in this, my first semester back to school in years, and I am still not doing well in my classes. I fucking hate myself. I am going to blow my fucking head all over the wall tonight.

Couple of things. First you're looking at a permanent solution for a temporary situation.

Second, this:

(21-04-2016 12:53 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  I am the one who wants to be the "intellectual type". The person who is well-versed on all the issues.

You're putting enormous pressure on yourself to be the next Einstein instead of just being you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-04-2016, 01:16 AM

Never mind, none of you get what I'm saying at all.
21-04-2016, 01:46 AM
Local dumbass here. What are you in school for?
21-04-2016, 02:58 AM
(21-04-2016 01:16 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  Never mind, none of you get what I'm saying at all.

Not in your shoes and can't imagine or try and understand, but...
Don't give up so easily!
There are universities that run programmes (often cost free) that can do tests to determine where and what needs to be done.
You probably not going to believe me, but small things like diet etc. can cause chemical
imbalances in the brain. I would start looking at possible dyscalculia or executive functioning.
Good luck Thumbsup

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
[+] 1 user Likes stcomza's post
21-04-2016, 03:34 AM
Define "intellectual type" .

I am a musician who knows guys who can barely speak. Put a horn in their mouth and it is genius.

By what standard do you use?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 04:27 AM
(21-04-2016 01:16 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  Never mind, none of you get what I'm saying at all.

What, we cannot read your mind? You're not as smart as you want to be. Join the club! It's HUGE!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post