i smell a troll.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: How to overcome stupidity?
(21-04-2016 03:33 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 11:43 AM)julep Wrote:  My recommendations:
1. Study logic and rhetoric, either on your own, in a class, or with a tutor.
2. Find things that interest you and enjoy the process of learning without worrying about the speed.
3. When anyone presents a convincing argument, learn from it rather than envying it. Figure out what impressed you the most and use those yourself.
4. Don't let outward signifiers like someone being a cheerleader guide how you value another human being. You seem to have a feeling that if you are smarter than someone else, you're superior. That's a false judgement that's going to limit your learning capacity.
5. Have yourself tested for learning disabilities.

I have studied logic, rhetoric, syllogisms, etc. In fact, I spend most of my time doing just that. I am slow and impaired. I think some of you have a point that I probably have learning disabilities. I would like to go get that diagnosed. It would put some closure to all of this in my mind because then it would be official that I am stupid. I would be diagnosed.

Who would I go to in order to get tested for learning disabilities? I can't help but be skeptical of the results. Would the same person also be able to check me for ADD or ADHD or even depression? I get side tracked very easily and I am always contemplating killing myself. I think about blowing my brains out almost every day. Sometimes I just want to die so bad I can't even stand it.

I DO hate life. I hate it. I'm terrible at it. I'm stupid, lazy, and worthless. I mean that in every sense. I'm unemployed and unemployable. I barely passed high school with a 1.6 GPA. I applied to college after graduation because my parents insisted. I did not think I would get in. I got conditionally admitted to one of my local shitty colleges. I spent three years there failing semester after semester. I eventually got expelled for bad grades and did not even make it past freshman status after three years of attending there.

I'm also a virgin and an unlikable loser. Hell, nothing about me is likable. I can't even be the nerdy know-it-all that everyone hates, but simultaneously have to admit the intellectual prowess of. I have accomplished nothing in my life. I am the prototypical loser. There is no other way to categorize me. I just want to die. I hate myself. I hate every single thing about myself.

I don't want my life to get better at it this point. After so long of wanting it and being denied it, you just kind of stop wanting it after a while. You also grow ill at the idea of it being offered to you. That's where I stand on everything in life at his point. I am an unlikable loser, and the thing is that I recognize and understand exactly why I'm an unlikable loser, but I can't change. I don't think minds can get better. You can only work with what's available in your head. You cannot create intelligence or effectiveness out of something that is not there.

I really do hate myself. One cannot hate themselves or life any more than I do. I think it is obvious that we are the product of physical laws that sometimes create faulty things that don't work sufficiently. I believe that in the realm of human societies that those with these issues must refrain from pro-creation, or even life in many instances. By continuing to live I am occupying time, money, space, and resources that could be consumed by a more worthy person. That is one rationality for me wanting to kill myself. The other one is the fact that I just hate life and I hate myself beyond what words can describe. I wish pain and suffering on myself. That's why I choose the gun as my option. I want to suffer before death.

A psychologist or psychiatrist who specializes in learning disabilities would be a place to start.

However, you probably would benefit from presenting to the ER, pretty much immediately.

Regarding hating yourself and feeling worthless, I'm not going to dispute (or affirm) your self-assessment or discount your feelings. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, and I hope very much that you can get short- and long-term help. I also hope that you eventually find a way to feel you're making the kind of contributions you value.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
21-04-2016, 04:27 PM

(21-04-2016 04:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i smell a troll.

Why do people throw that word around like it really fucking means something? If you smell a troll its probably you.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tampitump's post
21-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Consider.............

As bad as shit ever gets -- you have to be aware -- and thus alive --- to contemplate which is better -- your current situation --- or oblivion...................

Oblivion sucks - because you don't get any say in the matter -- and can't even compare it..............................

You'll be dead in the end -- so there's no point in rushing it.................

The trick - is to find something -- anything - even as trivial as it may seem --- to enjoy...................

If you're enjoying SOMETHING - it's automatically better than nothing.........................

A deep breath, is better -- a satisfying physical sensation --- than nothing at all........................

So take a deep breath -- enjoy it --- and look forward to your next..................

See what comes next..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-04-2016, 04:59 PM
(21-04-2016 04:27 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  

Why do people throw that word around like it really fucking means something? If you smell a troll its probably you.

because it usually does. ive learned to be very skeptical of anything that is said in a forum. long ago a forum i went to was totally fooled into thinking a regular member died in a car wreck. she went as far as to post on the same account pretending to be a family member and informed us of the situation. very sad stuff, until she later confessed that she was just seeking attention. if you are actually suicidal then get the fuck off this forum and get professional help. you only get one life, dont waste it early and certainly dont spend your last days on an internet forum. if youre a troll then just fuck off.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 05:04 PM
(21-04-2016 04:27 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  

Probably because you're new and your first post is not really an introduction. It is more like attention seeking. Or so it may seem.

One must understand that an atheist forum gathers lots of trolls.

If things are as bad as you say, I echo the hospital. Go and speak with someone.

We all have problems. Many people here are either sick or have suffered abuse, be it mental or physical. You are not alone.

Recently I presented to the ER as suicidal. I am one of those here who is ill. It can get to one. After speaking with people I felt better. Stronger to carry on.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 05:08 PM

(21-04-2016 04:59 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  because it usually does. ive learned to be very skeptical of anything that is said in a forum. long ago a forum i went to was totally fooled into thinking a regular member died in a car wreck. she went as far as to post on the same account pretending to be a family member and informed us of the situation. very sad stuff, until she later confessed that she was just seeking attention. if you are actually suicidal then get the fuck off this forum and get professional help. you only get one life, dont waste it early and certainly dont spend your last days on an internet forum. if youre a troll then just fuck off.

Well, I am not a troll.
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 05:10 PM
(21-04-2016 05:08 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 04:59 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  because it usually does. ive learned to be very skeptical of anything that is said in a forum. long ago a forum i went to was totally fooled into thinking a regular member died in a car wreck. she went as far as to post on the same account pretending to be a family member and informed us of the situation. very sad stuff, until she later confessed that she was just seeking attention. if you are actually suicidal then get the fuck off this forum and get professional help. you only get one life, dont waste it early and certainly dont spend your last days on an internet forum. if youre a troll then just fuck off.

Well, I am not a troll.

Nothing wrong with being a troll.....

I'm a troll.....

If you ask somebody from the U.P....................

In Michigan, anybody who lives "under the bridge" (To the Upper Peninsula) is called a troll, by the yoopers........... (Yooper -- somebody from da UP, eh??)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-04-2016, 05:10 PM
I totally agree with going to see the ER if you truly are suicidal right now. Right now, you don't seem to be thinking clearly. It happens to me too. I think about doing harmful things to myself when I'm not thinking clearly. Once you get sufficient help, you'll realise that killing yourself would not be the answer.
21-04-2016, 05:17 PM
(21-04-2016 05:08 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  

Well, I am not a troll.

Then refer to what i said if you're not a troll.