How to overcome stupidity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2016, 11:36 PM

How to overcome stupidity?
Since this is my first post to this forum, hello to all.

I'm very bummed out about life in general. The main reason for this is the fact that, despite how desperately I try, I'm just not a smart person. In fact, I'm a very stupid person. I literally amaze myself with how utterly stupid I am. I try to exercise my thinking abilities and I get absolutely nowhere. Sometime I think I'm making progress only for it to be revealed that I haven't. People I typically envision as being unintelligent often one-up me in colloquial discussion and prove that I am just a sloppy and inept thinker.

I cannot do mathematics to save my fucking life. I am currently going back to college after failing out four years ago and I cannot even do basic algebra. I have dedicated hours on end trying to understand it to absolutely no avail. I am one-hundred-thousand percent convinced that I will never be able to attain the level of intelligence that I want to. In fact, I believe that I am well below average intelligence. My high school and college grades, along with my experience in daily life proves this. I've done all I know to do. I'm just an inherently stupid person. I am also convinced at this point that stupidity is not something one can overcome. I believe it is an indefinite trait of an individual's character.

I am not joking with this post. I am honestly contemplating suicide at this moment. I keep several loaded guns in my room. I am disgusted with myself and the fact that I seem to be an intellectual dud. Even the most air-headed people can make me look foolish. I wish so strongly to be an intelligent person but I can never seem to attain this dream. I am stuck with the natural consequences of an inferior mind. I feel that my genetics should not be allowed to pass on. I just feel like putting an end to my life. I understand that knowledge can be attained, but knowledge is not equivalent to intelligence and the ability to think critically. I just do not have the ability to analyze things for myself. Every position I hold has to come from other individuals who have done the thinking for me. When put on the spot, I cannot defend myself. I am the pure example of an imbecile. I hate myself. I just want to die.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tampitump's post
20-04-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: How to overcome stupidity?
You seem pretty articulate to me. you're certainly intelligent enough to clearly communicate how you feel, so how bout we make a deal....you promise to stick aground for a while and we will talk with you and try to figure some shit out together. Yes?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-04-2016, 11:55 PM
(20-04-2016 11:36 PM)Tampitump Wrote:  Since this is my first post to this forum, hello to all.

I'm very bummed out about life in general. The main reason for this is the fact that, despite how desperately I try, I'm just not a smart person. In fact, I'm a very stupid person. I literally amaze myself with how utterly stupid I am. I try to exercise my thinking abilities and I get absolutely nowhere. Sometime I think I'm making progress only for it to be revealed that I haven't. People I typically envision as being unintelligent often one-up me in colloquial discussion and prove that I am just a sloppy and inept thinker.

I cannot do mathematics to save my fucking life. I am currently going back to college after failing out four years ago and I cannot even do basic algebra. I have dedicated hours on end trying to understand it to absolutely no avail. I am one-hundred-thousand percent convinced that I will never be able to attain the level of intelligence that I want to. In fact, I believe that I am well below average intelligence. My high school and college grades, along with my experience in daily life proves this. I've done all I know to do. I'm just an inherently stupid person. I am also convinced at this point that stupidity is not something one can overcome. I believe it is an indefinite trait of an individual's character.

I am not joking with this post. I am honestly contemplating suicide at this moment. I keep several loaded guns in my room. I am disgusted with myself and the fact that I seem to be an intellectual dud. Even the most air-headed people can make me look foolish. I wish so strongly to be an intelligent person but I can never seem to attain this dream. I am stuck with the natural consequences of an inferior mind. I feel that my genetics should not be allowed to pass on. I just feel like putting an end to my life. I understand that knowledge can be attained, but knowledge is not equivalent to intelligence and the ability to think critically. I just do not have the ability to analyze things for myself. Every position I hold has to come from other individuals who have done the thinking for me. When put on the spot, I cannot defend myself. I am the pure example of an imbecile. I hate myself. I just want to die.

This is the first step towards genius.

"I know one thing: that I know nothing"
Socrates.

Read The Apology, by Plato.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
20-04-2016, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2016 12:12 AM by Nishi Karano Kaze.)
Stupidity is thinking you know all there's worth to know. If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it.

Welcome.
[+] 6 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-04-2016, 12:00 AM
All this person needs to do is read. I thought I was stupid until a genius told me the opposite, aged 16. He handed me a book.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 12:16 AM

You people just don't understand. I study and read every single day. I am constantly trying to learn and understand more things about the world. Average people whom I know never pick up a book or care about anything can school me on literally any topic. I honestly think I have some form of mental retardation or deficiency. I have a hard time following technical directions about things and cannot wrap my head around the simplest of mathematical concepts. I am a stupid person. No caveats can preserve that fact. I'm going to kill myself. I hate myself.
21-04-2016, 12:22 AM
(21-04-2016 12:16 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  You people just don't understand. I study and read every single day. I am constantly trying to learn and understand more things about the world. Average people whom I know never pick up a book or care about anything can school me on literally any topic. I honestly think I have some form of mental retardation or deficiency. I have a hard time following technical directions about things and cannot wrap my head around the simplest of mathematical concepts. I am a stupid person. No caveats can preserve that fact. I'm going to kill myself. I hate myself.

And yet you write so well.....

It ain't like, you know, sorta sumthin that ya just rote or nuthin.

May I ask your age?

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 12:24 AM
(21-04-2016 12:16 AM)Tampitump Wrote:  You people just don't understand. I study and read every single day. I am constantly trying to learn and understand more things about the world. Average people whom I know never pick up a book or care about anything can school me on literally any topic. I honestly think I have some form of mental retardation or deficiency. I have a hard time following technical directions about things and cannot wrap my head around the simplest of mathematical concepts. I am a stupid person. No caveats can preserve that fact. I'm going to kill myself. I hate myself.

Oh and sorry to double post. We only just met. Allow us time to get to know you.

Hell you already got a rep. So you must be doing something right. Smile

Banjo.
21-04-2016, 12:27 AM

I always try to be one of the "intellectual types", but normal people school me in thought every day of the week. If you put a puzzle in front of my face, I could not solve it. If you constructed the easiest argument to refute, I could not comprehend it or offer a rebuttal. I'm not lying. I have tried to exercise my brain and become a good thinker, but I am seriously borderline challenged if not fully challenged. I really feel like putting this shotgun in my mouth right now. I really fucking do.
21-04-2016, 12:29 AM

(21-04-2016 12:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  May I ask your age?