How to prove there is no god?? Easy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
How to prove there is no god?? Easy
The next time a stupid fucking christian tells you to prove there is no god, this is what you say. If the bible said the earth was over 4 billion years old, and the universe was a lot older than that. If the bible said we evolved from apes, and would share the same dna by about 98%, then even I would believe in god. Since there is no way 2k years ago man had the technology to know these things, it would have proved that there is a god. A all knowing god would have told his bible writers to put that in. Then 2k years later when technology catches up, the numbers today match up to what was written. Case closed. Since none of this happened, and the bible is wrong about every math statement in there, I just proved there is no god. ORRR, as I said in another post, god could have waited just 2k more years, after waiting 14 billion years , to send jesus when there was cable tv and video to record the arrival. That way there is no confusion as to what religion is right. If there is video of jesus walking on water or curing Stevie wonder than I'm in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
RE: How to prove there is no god?? Easy
No. While every statement you're making is correct, the conclusion is stretched. Sure, you can destroy huge chunks of the bible, you can invoke lack of evidence and you can pretty easily debunk an all knowing + all powerful + all benevolent + all wise + all loving god in the paradigm of the world we live in. You can pretty easily reject any claims they are making, but you can't easily get them to agree with you and you also can't "prove" there is no god, just like you can't disprove an invisible pink unicorn, Russel's teapot, the flying spaghetti monster etc.

All you did was to prove that a particular flavor of christianity is fundamentally wrong and illogical. Good luck making the same points with Kingschosen's flavor of god/christianity: his god is all knowing and all powerful, but NOT all benevolent and all loving. Kingschosen makes the claim that he personally has received definitive proof of god's existence because he was personally chosen by his god. You, me and the rest of the atheists, as well as most other people in the world were not chosen. That is why god had no interest to reveal any kind of proof to us. He (god) has a plan including himself and his few chosen. The rest of us, as well as animals, nature, physics etc. are just decorum, stage props and extras for god's show. We are all disposable. Blind pawns with no free will. It's a despicable theology, but it's immune to your argument.

Give up the dream. Any imaginary being that is invisible, immaterial and impossible to detect and study is impossible to disprove.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 4 users Like Malleus's post
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Your argument is fallacious. Having no evidence for a proposition doesn't prove it false. It is accepted false by default (skepticism) but no idea can ever be proven false through lack of evidence.

We know that science contradicts what the bible says literally, but it's also possible to accept the bible as less-than-literal. While you may not agree with or believe this proposition (as a former literal-bible believer, I still find it silly), you've got to accept that this position does exist and that many Christians take that position.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Starcrash's post
06-02-2012, 01:40 PM
And, I would debunk your entire objection by saying that the Bible is "inspired" not literally inerrant.

After all, scripture never claims to be literally inerrant.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

This is why I said about it here.

Yes, facts in the Bible are without error; however, this is a relative statement. Based on the human understanding of "science" during that time period, the statements are true. The Bible isn't a science book, and it was never trying to be a science book, so it's easy to understand why some of the science is wrong. If anything, it validates its authenticity because it parallels the beliefs of the earth during that time.

Look... God wasn't trying to be a science teacher during the Biblical times. His book is about His covenant with His people and about the salvation that is offered to us. The ways that is reached through God's interaction with us is divinely inspired and recorded in the Bible.

Since humans are results of evolution, it makes perfect sense that the science in the Bible isn't the science that we know today. The human understanding of science wasn't evolved enough to make correct interpretations of the world, but this doesn't affect the inspired nature of the Bible.

The common rebuttal to this is, "Well, if God is all knowing then He would have told His people the correct science to write in the Bible."

Well... no. We are under the plan of evolution, and as we evolved, we start to understand more of the world around us. We do not understand all of science ~6000 years later, so why are people in the Bible held to a different standard? I'll say it again... the Bible isn't a science book. It was never meant to be. It is a message to the elect. Beliefs and "science" that corresponded with the times are collateral within the Bible, but they should never be the focal point. It doesn't prove anything except the beliefs of the time. It doesn't void the inspired message of the Bible.

How are you going to respond?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-02-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 02:27 PM by satan69.)
I love how you retard christians like to take the bible literally when it suits you, but when something you used to take literally is proven false by science years later, you say it is inspired and shouldnt be taken literally. I grew up catholic and let me tell you when the catholic church was founded with all their bs science it was considered 100% fact. The pope at that time said god told him these things: limbo, mortal sins, venial sins, flat earth, homsexuality... They just didnt know at the time science would disprove everything they said. How come you take the homosexual stuff literally.Preachers are always bashing them. It's in the bible that they are beasts. Now science has proven or getting close to proving 100% its genetic. I guess you will have to backtrack on that too pretty soon. I mean how are you going to explain that god made everyone in his image, but he made some people gay and hates them anyway.LOL.
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
(06-02-2012 01:58 PM)satan69 Wrote:  I mean how are you going to explain that god made everyone in his image, but he made some people gay and hates them anyway.LOL.

Because God elected only a select few for salvation.

Eph 1:4-5
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

2 Thess 2:13
13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Rom 9:11
11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,

Next?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
(06-02-2012 01:58 PM)satan69 Wrote:  I love how you retard christians like to take the bible literally when it suits you, but when something you used to take literally is proven false by science years later, you say it is inspired and shouldnt be taken literally. I grew up catholic and let me tell you when the catholic church was founded with all their bs science it was considered 100% fact. The pope at that time said god told him these things: limbo, mortal sins, venial sins, flat earth, homsexuality... They just didnt know at the time science would disprove everything they said. How come you take the homosexual stuff literally. It's in the bible that they are beasts. Now science has proven or getting close to proving 100% its genetic. I guess you will have to backtrack on that too pretty soon. I mean how are you going to explain that god made everyone in his image, but he made some people gay and hates them anyway.LOL.

Um.... He's a Calvinist, not a Catholic, there's a BIG difference. Limbo, mortal sins, venial sins, the flat earth and the stance on homosexuality were detrmined either by a bunch of dudes in a council or individual Catholic thinkers over the centuries, not the Pope. Perhaps you should educate yourself on Catholicsm and Calvinism so that you represent the beliefs correctly. Lots of good books out there which can give you the straight goods...
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
(06-02-2012 01:58 PM)satan69 Wrote:  I love how you retard christians like to take the bible literally when it suits you, but when something you used to take literally is proven false by science years later, you say it is inspired and shouldnt be taken literally. I grew up catholic and let me tell you when the catholic church was founded with all their bs science it was considered 100% fact. The pope at that time said god told him these things: limbo, mortal sins, venial sins, flat earth, homsexuality... They just didnt know at the time science would disprove everything they said. How come you take the homosexual stuff literally.Preacher are always bashing them. It's in the bible that they are beasts. Now science has proven or getting close to proving 100% its genetic. I guess you will have to backtrack on that too pretty soon. I mean how are you going to explain that god made everyone in his image, but he made some people gay and hates them anyway.LOL.

When you make up shit, you can make up any shit. Any shit at all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
King, you just contradicted yourself. You said you shouldnt take the bible literally, but then you post 3 bible verses that YOU take literally to try and prove your point. You just proved my point. you idiot christians are hypocrites and fakes. You take bible verses that you like, and try to spread them around and discard any verses you dont like that make your faith look bad. When people mention the slavery beating quotes and stoning of adulterers verses, you say not to take it literally because it looks retarded in todays world. eventually you will run out of verses to quote that dont make you christians look as stupid as you already look.
06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Just wondering where all the hostility is coming from...
KC did you do something? You little devil.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison