How to pumpkin pie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 03:23 PM
How to pumpkin pie
So last year at Halloween, I tried to make pumpkin pie for the first time.
I had a recipe from a friend who had brought one to work and it was delicious. She gave me the recipe and I tried to make that but that pie tasted horrendous.
I put the amount of nutmeg that it said but all I could taste later was sugar and nutmeg. *shiver* And also for some reason it did not become firm. So it was ... well kind of jelly like but too smooth, very dislikable texture and the taste... let's just not...

So I need help! Please! Anybody has a failsafe-idiotsafe pumpkin pie recipe?

Cheers

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: How to pumpkin pie
Buy One-Pie canned pumpkin and use the recipe on the side of the can except also add a small amount of honey and Bourbon, about a TBSP of each. Also, over-cook it by like 5-7 minutes.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
22-09-2016, 03:36 PM
I want pumpkin pie now!
22-09-2016, 03:43 PM
(22-09-2016 03:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I want pumpkin pie now!

Me too Drooling

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
22-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Drink at least 6 Guiness first and it'll taste great.... Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-09-2016, 04:04 PM
(22-09-2016 03:26 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Buy One-Pie canned pumpkin and use the recipe on the side of the can except also add a small amount of honey and Bourbon, about a TBSP of each. Also, over-cook it by like 5-7 minutes.

I would prefer a fresh pumpkin though. I know I know... stupid fresh food always...

- Wotsefack?! -
22-09-2016, 04:17 PM
(22-09-2016 03:23 PM)Leela Wrote:  So I need help! Please! Anybody has a failsafe-idiotsafe pumpkin pie recipe?
Cheers

1. Get in car.
2. Drive to Baker's Square.
3. Buy pie.

Works every time.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-09-2016, 04:58 PM
(22-09-2016 03:23 PM)Leela Wrote:  So last year at Halloween, I tried to make pumpkin pie for the first time.
I had a recipe from a friend who had brought one to work and it was delicious. She gave me the recipe and I tried to make that but that pie tasted horrendous.
I put the amount of nutmeg that it said but all I could taste later was sugar and nutmeg. *shiver* And also for some reason it did not become firm. So it was ... well kind of jelly like but too smooth, very dislikable texture and the taste... let's just not...

So I need help! Please! Anybody has a failsafe-idiotsafe pumpkin pie recipe?

Cheers

About your texture - too much liquid and too finely mixed. So it's jelly smooth and the pumpkin flavor is diluted while apparently your nutmeg and sugar dominated.

It's your pumpkin. You'll be safer with the canned kind, you should probably use a can once to learn how the pumpkin texture is supposed to be.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-09-2016, 05:40 PM
My recipe (ok - my mother's) is to make two pies from one can of OnePie filling.

Essentially, double everything else but the OnePie, and always add more cinammon, nutmeg, and ginger.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2016, 05:47 PM
(22-09-2016 05:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  and always add more cinammon, nutmeg, and ginger.
Nutmeg and me are no longer friends. Nutmeg has acted like an asshole in my last pie!

- Wotsefack?! -