How to relax in bad jobs (the "fuck it" principle)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: How to relax in bad jobs (the "fuck it" principle)
(18-05-2016 04:02 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:03 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I've been doing customer care for a long time and it was causing a lot of stress. I never do more than I have to and I no longer let shit bother me. Although it's not possible for everybody, the best thing I did was go part time. I have less money but I don't give a fuck. Life's too short. Luckily enough my wife has a good job and likes my cooking. I also get the chance to spend more time with my daughter.

And let me guess. It wasn't the customers or anything directly related to them, that was causing the stress.

Sadly I cannot afford to go part time but at least my husband sees the difference in my attitude.
It changed from a panick attack each morning and evening to happily cycling to work and coming home with enough energy to work on my youtube videos.

So at least for me the whole "fuck it" works really well Smile
btw I do my job and I do it very well. I just will not take a million extra tasks or offer to help out again as it causes enormous stress without any benefit for myself or my career. Still doing what I am told though, actually was just recently assigned a very interesting project as my current team leader knows me and the things I like to work on well.

Fair play to you. In my job they took the fun out of and put the emphasis purely on productivity. This in turn caused high staff turnover which led to multi tasking, a massive backlog of files and unreachable targets. Hence the stress. I also do my job very well but I only do what I have to, no more or no less.Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 05:14 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-05-2016, 05:38 AM
(18-05-2016 05:02 PM)Marozz Wrote:  In my job they took the fun out of and put the emphasis purely on productivity. This in turn caused high staff turnover which led to multi tasking, a massive backlog of files and unreachable targets. Hence the stress. I also do my job very well but I only do what I have to, no more or no less.Big Grin
Exactly this for EVERY customer service job I have done so far. They try to fix the issue by changing policies and increasing targets which is the wrong approach. It's not science but hey, who am I to talk Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post