How to respond....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: How to respond....
When Daniel Dennett was ill and religious friends prayed for his recovery, he inquired "Are you going to sacrifice a goat as well?"

I find that's a pretty good response. It's quick, it let's them know that you think they're bullshit, and it ends the conversation.

Perfect.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-11-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: How to respond....
Again I appreciate all the responded and advice. I finally hit the reply button after writing out a quick response. I have a feeling I won't be hearing much from in return though.

"While I appreciate you taking the time to pray I also do not want to waste your time. I am not lost and I am not on the wrong path. I have arrived at the place I am right now after careful consideration of the evidence before me and I came to the conclusion that belief in a god just did not make sense. I grew up in the church and even enrolled in a christian university and was on the path to become a pastor. My belief in evolution and the earth being billions of years old is very strong and will not be swayed. I do respect your beliefs and if you would ever like to have a discussion about both sides, with all things being considered, I would very much enjoy that. I just don't want to be preached to and would definitely refrain from doing the same in return.

Have a wonderful day."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like riseinside's post