How to train your dog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: How to train your dog
(02-01-2014 03:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 10:43 AM)Question Wrote:  Me and my girlfriend plan to move in together eventually in the future - however we're two different people. I'm a cat person and she's a dog person. How is one way to assure that the cat and dog would get along? We don't plan to buy them until we're financially secure but this worries me.

buy the dog first, get a little obedience training in and then get a kitten. I wouldn't say any older than 11 weeks. It is A LOT easier to introduce a kitten to a full grown dog than it is to introduce a puppy to a full grown cat. My youngest dog and cat play all the time. They wrestle too. He soft-mouthes her and she bites him back.

Also, the first introduction should be very very calm. If you have a high energy dog, take them for a bike ride and run the hell out of them. Tongue down to their toes kinda tired. Have ahold of the dog so he doesn't chase, just stiffs.

Cool, but only for certain breeds. Some breeds, you hold them back physically, it means "Wait til I let you have at it". It's the precursor to a guaranteed chase.

That's why I keep asking for breed.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 06:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-01-2014 03:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 07:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She has however been totally unsuccessful at training them to not start baying "God Save The Queen" every time we pull up in the driveway. "What's up with that?

You get Beagles, you get baying. You get lots of Beagles, you get a veritable cacophony. If they only bay when you drive up, you have been blessed by the dogs.

I like Beagles and other hounds, but will never own them because of the baying.

Fixed. They all fucking pretend to be tone deaf but I know better 'cause I seen them respond to Manly's different tones. ... Hellbound beasts are just fucking with me 'cause they know it drives Girly crazy. Evil_monster

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2014, 11:16 PM
(02-01-2014 03:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  I like Beagles and other hounds, but will never own them because of the baying.

I have 2 hound dogs and I'm still not used to the volume, yeah. ^_^
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 11:58 PM
(02-01-2014 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 03:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  You get Beagles, you get baying. You get lots of Beagles, you get a veritable cacophony. If they only bay when you drive up, you have been blessed by the dogs.

I like Beagles and other hounds, but will never own them because of the baying.

Fixed. They all fucking pretend to be tone deaf but I know better 'cause I seen them respond to Manly's different tones. ... Hellbound beasts are just fucking with me 'cause they know it drives Girly crazy. Evil_monster

Yeah, well... if you got a dog or two instead of a fucking village... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user