How to widen someone's interests?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2011, 03:51 AM

RE: How to widen someone's interests?
(24-08-2011 07:22 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Why not suggest to her to learn English? Do you live in Hungary now? When I lived there it was very fashionable to learn English -- I don't know which language is popular at the moment (German?) but English can open up the whole world for her. Not just science but anything she might be interested in.

PS. What have you read from Feynman? Just curious.

We are in Romania. And I suggested to her but she doesn't have the will to go through it she would like to know but doesn't want to be apart of the slow learning process. She wants just the knowledge to be beamed in to head Smile (that would be nice i would download everything in my brain Big Grin) After a week or two she looses interest and says that she will never learn it and it is impossible for her to learn it cause she doesn't sees any progress .

And i haven't read from Feynman i like movies and animations about stuff its a more efficient and you can learn it faster with visuals. So i found a few movies about him making an interview and loved how he explained stuff.
ex: ( http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/richard-f...o-imagine/ )
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2011, 06:10 AM

(25-08-2011 03:51 AM)eblue Wrote:  After a week or two she looses interest and says that she will never learn it and it is impossible for her to learn it cause she doesn't sees any progress .

Well then, your quest seems hopeless. Give it up or live with it is my advice. Undecided

At University I had a mate who had a plan: he wanted to marry a very sexy and slightly dumb girl.

He did and they lived happily ever after.

Sometimes it works out.
26-08-2011, 04:13 AM

Smile it seems to me to that I have to deal with it it in that way
27-08-2011, 02:57 PM
(25-08-2011 06:10 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  At University I had a mate who had a plan: he wanted to marry a very sexy and slightly dumb girl. He did and they lived happily ever after. Sometimes it works out.

Your friend is not alone. I've been a research computer scientist at a U.S. Government Research Lab for the last 27 years. My wife of 25 years barely graduated from high school. She makes me laugh and I make her laugh. It's all good. Sometimes 2 people can connect in a completely ineffable way.

(18-08-2011 10:21 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Ending the relationship doesn't sound like such a terrible thing to happen.... Imagine being stuck with someone who bores you and whom you bore - for life!

Nah, don't think anything that drastic is called for. When me and my wife run out of things to talk about and start to get bored we just fuck.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I was thinking more of the girl, actually. The guy can go out, make friends at work, have a social life outside or huddle over his computer half the night, talking to people on the other side of the world, and then jump her sleepy bones when he's bored.

But she's stuck with someone who is forever discontented, finds her inadequate, nags her to be more, do more, think more, want more; maybe tries to tech her in the impatiently patronizing way that i've seen in many European husbands. She'll never be happy, and she may eventually turn into a fat shrew, while he turns into a cold grump. Or - hey! optimism! - maybe they'll have kids and divide the family duties in a perfectly amicable and satisfying arrangement.
You just never know.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply