How to win an election these days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 04:56 PM
How to win an election these days
Make sure you have a base that can cheer and talk to friends. Pep talks are parties!

Address this base in their stomping grounds as often as possible.

Lots of volunteers

Hire people to run social media pages

Hire talent to generate funny memes about your adversary, over time slip the memes from funny to nasty.

Pay for social media ads for these pages and memes.

Take the pulse of the viewers of your memes and target them more directly, by district.

------------------------------------

What do you think? I think that now, by the time volunteers reach people, the people are already totally contaminated by social media.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-06-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: How to win an election these days
Registering as an Independent, I thought I could avoid the pushing/pandering from a political party. Turns out, I just get campaign literature from everyone. Dodgy

A few years ago, in an election for a county judge position, I got mail from both candidates. One candidate had a picture of his family, a spiel about his church affiliation, and a long rant about why not to vote for his opponent. The other candidate sent a resume: his education, his past positions, and a list of his goals in the job if elected. He never mentioned his opponent. Guess which one I voted for? Big Grin In the last election, it was two new names with virtually the same scenario, except that the political parties of the participants were reversed. Guess which one I voted for? In both elections, "my" candidate won by a big margin.

Bottom line: While there are a lot of "party voters" or "base voters" - they are going to vote party regardless. In my state, though, about 40% or registered voters are really "up for grabs" depending on candidate and issues. Campaigns need to focus on what the candidate wants to accomplish in office and stop focusing on the other party's candidate/office holders. BOTH parties say that they "go negative" because it increases their poll numbers. It also turns off potential voters who just stay home because they can't stand voting for any of the candidates. And they wonder why so many people hate politicians. Facepalm

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
22-06-2017, 10:26 AM
If only all voters were like you...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-06-2017, 01:43 PM
You only need two things to win an election: lots of money, and a casual disdain for the truth.

Get those, and everything else will take care of itself.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
22-06-2017, 06:38 PM
[Image: 200.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post