How useful are drug laws?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 08:16 AM
How useful are drug laws?
So I was doing my normal morning ritual and doing a little thinking about the u.s. and our long history of drugs. Now as far as I'm concerned the biggest problem with drugs is some adults telling other adults they are not right in something they chose to do. Along with that is the problem of the adults who use is education on said drugs and how to stay remotely healthy. In most cases it's a victimless crime and if that's the case I have no problem with any drug use that is responsible in regards to others safety.

Now I know not everyone is sane or well educated enough to seek proper attention in regards to drugs. My point is this: It doesn't matter what laws we make. People will want what they want. They will do anything to obtain it- including breaking our laws

So at the end of the day, do we even really have the right to tell another responsible adult human being they can't take part in drug use if no one else will be effected?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: How useful are drug laws?
I think that depends on the drug.

With some drugs, the main issue for society is the funding. Some are so addictive that users will do anything to get the funds to buy the drug. And that hurts others.

If the user is so addicted that s/he is practically incapacitated and can't work, we as a society have an issue.

I don't think one can use such a broad brush as to include all drugs in the same policy.

Throwing people in jail for using drugs is not the solution though in any case.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-09-2015, 08:42 AM
(26-09-2015 08:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  I think that depends on the drug.

With some drugs, the main issue for society is the funding. Some are so addictive that users will do anything to get the funds to buy the drug. And that hurts others.

If the user is so addicted that s/he is practically incapacitated and can't work, we as a society have an issue.

I don't think one can use such a broad brush as to include all drugs in the same policy.

Throwing people in jail for using drugs is not the solution though in any case.

Yes it definetely depends on the drug. Sorry for sounding like I was lumping all of them together. I guess I was thinking of more recreational drugs(marijuana, coke, etc.) Now while I'm not a user of drugs I have seen what it really does vs the fear bullshit they instilled in me during that whole D.R.U.G.S. program in the lat 90s early 00s.
26-09-2015, 12:15 PM
The first of October will be the first day that recreational weed will be legally available in Oregon. Smokin

It's spreading....and it's a good start.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Look at this bs. Thirty years for 17 plants? Seriously? Now he did break the law there should be a consequence but this is very excessive. Just look at the way the prosecution is try to twist this.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/jury-del...ts/#disqus
26-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, it's crazy. I don't want to know how many people are rotting in jail for weed.

26-09-2015, 01:44 PM
They are pretty useless for keeping drugs off the streets but a lot of drug laws are very outrageous.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-09-2015, 03:44 PM
The only thing more stupid than having laws that say what drugs you can do - is doing so many drugs that other people feel compelled to pass laws to save your stupid ass......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Thanks to the black market that the drug laws have pushed into high gear those who really need certain medications can't get them.

Doctors don't want to, or can't/won't, prescribe appropriate pain meds for fear of creating an addiction. Better you suffer I suppose.

And please tell me why I have to prove who I am, show ID, and sign my life away to get a box of ZytekD for seasonal allergies. If I wanted to buy a case then maybe I could understand a raised eyebrow.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-09-2015, 03:55 PM
(26-09-2015 08:16 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So at the end of the day, do we even really have the right to tell another responsible adult human being they can't take part in drug use if no one else will be effected?
First of all, responsible adult human will not use drugs.
Second, adult human doesn't live in vacuum. His drug's use will always negatively effect others.
Laws will not stop adult from using drugs or selling drugs. But the less of them we have the better. It is always better less than more drug users and sellers.
At least children will know it is wrong. Otherwise they will not even know that.
By having knowledge they can make a choice between right and wrong.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED