How useful are drug laws?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: How useful are drug laws?
(26-09-2015 03:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:16 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So at the end of the day, do we even really have the right to tell another responsible adult human being they can't take part in drug use if no one else will be effected?
First of all, responsible adult human will not use drugs.
Second, adult human doesn't live in vacuum. His drug's use will always negatively effect others.
Laws will not stop adult from using drugs or selling drugs. But the less of them we have the better. It is always better less than more drug users and sellers.
At least children will know it is wrong. Otherwise they will not even know that.
By having knowledge they can make a choice between right and wrong.

It's funny you mention knowledge. Do you understand there are millions of people who need drugs for balancing out many different illnesses. They are from all walks of life including government workers. Think before post...better research before you post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 08:12 PM
(26-09-2015 08:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  I think that depends on the drug.

With some drugs, the main issue for society is the funding. Some are so addictive that users will do anything to get the funds to buy the drug. And that hurts others.

If the user is so addicted that s/he is practically incapacitated and can't work, we as a society have an issue.

I don't think one can use such a broad brush as to include all drugs in the same policy.

Throwing people in jail for using drugs is not the solution though in any case.

Pretty much all the addictive drugs are dirt cheap. Funding an addiction would not be a problem if they were legal.

The drug laws create the problem, they don't solve it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-09-2015, 12:15 AM
(26-09-2015 08:16 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So at the end of the day, do we even really have the right to tell another responsible adult human being they can't take part in drug use if no one else will be effected?

I don't think we have such right but sadly other people see this in different light. I guess there is a little - or not so little - dictator hidden in many people.

I think drugs should be legal; I don't care what someone do if it is not affecting freedom of others negatively. But do gov really has a reason to make drugs legal? Do police has reason for supporting making drugs legal? Don't know how it is in USA but in Poland idiotic rants about how bad drugs are from politicians so stupid that I wonder how they move and breathe at the same time are good way to earn some political points. For police it is matter of statistics.

So there is no reason for legalizing drugs, something so irrelevant as freedom to choose hardly matter to people in charge.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user