How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 09:18 AM
How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism without a trace of any intelligent input -----

A. Naturalism : Attempts to explain all phenomina by natural causes and laws.

Questions : 1. Where did information come from ? 2. Where did Energy come from ? 3. Where did Matter come from ? 4. Where did Life come from (the very first DNA molecule which according to Dawkins has enough specified informational instructions in it to fill 1,000 volumes of encyclopedias) ?

B. Materialism : The Doctrine that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

Questions : 1. What about the Laws of logic ? 2. What about the Laws of Science ? 3. What about the Laws of Mathematics ? 4.What about the Laws of Morality ? 5. Where did Consciousness come from (the animate from the inanimate such as reason, logic, will, love, abstract thinking, etc... derived from atoms . Explain the process ) ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism without a trace of any intelligent input -----

Questions : 1. Where did information come from ? 2. Where did Energy come from ? 3. Where did Matter come from ? 4. Where did Life come from (the very first DNA molecule which according to Dawkins has enough specified informational instructions in it to fill 1,000 volumes of encyclopedias) ?

B. Materialism : The Doctrine that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

Questions : 1. What about the Laws of logic ? 2. What about the Laws of Science ? 3. What about the Laws of Mathematics ? 4.What about the Laws of Morality ? 5. Where did Consciousness come from (the animate from the inanimate such as reason, logic, will, love, abstract thinking, etc... derived from atoms . Explain the process ) ?

Have you tried the search function all of your trite questions have been answered before on this forum.
TL;DR version all of these "laws" were created by us.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-11-2014, 09:21 AM
I have the view that gods are creatures of myth, fable and fancy.. My defense is world history showing a multitude of examples.
[+] 1 user Likes TreeSapNest's post
24-11-2014, 09:22 AM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism without a trace of any intelligent input -----

1. Jebus done did it.
2. Jebus done did it.
3. Jebus done did it.
4. Jebus done did it.
5. Jebus done did it.

Try taking a few science courses, fool, then come back for an intelligent discussion, and before you do, look up "god of the gaps' arguments.

Have a deluded day. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Questions :
1. Where did information come from ? What is your understanding of 'information'?
2. Where did Energy come from ? From the Big Bang.
3. Where did Matter come from ? From the energy.
4. Where did Life come from ? From the matter.

Questions :
1. What about the Laws of logic ? Human invention.
2. What about the Laws of Science ? Human invention.
3. What about the Laws of Mathematics ? Human invention.
4.What about the Laws of Morality ? There are no laws of morality, morals are a human invention.
5. Where did Consciousness come from ? It is an evolved property of the brain.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2014, 09:37 AM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Questions : 1. Where did information come from ? 2. Where did Energy come from ? 3. Where did Matter come from ? 4. Where did Life come from (the very first DNA molecule which according to Dawkins has enough specified informational instructions in it to fill 1,000 volumes of encyclopedias) ?

Yes, where did all those things come from? If you find it difficult to find answers for those, then it must be all the more difficult for you to answer where your god came from. So who is your god and where did it come from?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-11-2014, 09:50 AM
(24-11-2014 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  A. Naturalism : Attempts to explain all phenomina by natural causes and laws.

Questions :
1. Where did information come from ? What is your understanding of 'information'?
2. Where did Energy come from ? From the Big Bang.
3. Where did Matter come from ? From the energy.
4. Where did Life come from ? From the matter.

Questions :
1. What about the Laws of logic ? Human invention.
2. What about the Laws of Science ? Human invention.
3. What about the Laws of Mathematics ? Human invention.
4.What about the Laws of Morality ? There are no laws of morality, morals are a human invention.
5. Where did Consciousness come from ? It is an evolved property of the brain.

a bit of info from King crocoduck Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
24-11-2014, 09:57 AM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism

This again?

We do not believe in gods. That is it, there is nothing else to being an atheist. Stop tacking on bull crud to our "world views".

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
24-11-2014, 10:09 AM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism without a trace of any intelligent input ----- ...

I'm thinking that Humble Little Theist should change his handle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like dcobranchi's post
24-11-2014, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 10:14 AM by goodwithoutgod.)

The traditional Xtian worldview boils down to faith and delusion without any trace of intelligent input or analytical thought.

Faith; the belief in something without evidence.

Delusion; a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Religion; embracement of delusion.

Christianity; religion based on belief that jesus the Christ, mythical son of god, allegedly died for our sins under the incarnation and atonement theory...problem is there exists no evidence of jesus, and no one who ever wrote about jesus actually knew him, all major miraculous events have zero collaborating evidence, and he never accomplished the messiah events of the jewish prophesy...thus jesus was a false messiah (all messiahs and prophets are false of course)...thus the whole religion is based on a fictional book full of pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical writings, and jesus, who is clearly a false prophet and may or may not have actually even been a historical person of which the myth was fabricated and exaggerated. Thus the whole of the religion is based on fiction, forgery and fantasy. What else do you have to present? I am assuming you are a member of one of the over 40,000 strains of Christianity, if not please provide what your specific "faith" of choice is? Nice to meet you...looking forward to your answers.

I am really busy today between work and school but will try to swing by. I can and will answer your standard theist 101 assertions, but I am more interested in your actual ability to articulate and substantiate your faith.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post