How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(26-11-2014 02:47 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ......So far, this defense strategy of ours is working pretty damn well. My world view isn't being threatened at all by this train wreck. Is anyone else's?

Nope. Smile

(26-11-2014 02:47 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'm bored with this thread. Someone please PM me if Humble here actually replies to my original response, or even says anything we haven't heard dozens of times before.

*wanders off*

*salutes* Will do. Big Grin

Much cheers to all..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-11-2014, 02:58 PM
(26-11-2014 02:47 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  My world view isn't being threatened at all by this train wreck. Is anyone else's?

There's something weird about the theists who come here... I dunno if it's that it's all the same desperate-for-attention-basement-dweller or what, but they are so keen to abase themselves and make themselves look like idiots in front of total strangers...

I mean, we wouldn't chirp at all if he could keep his religion in his pants, but by God, here he goes, and he's gonna tell us what he thinks of us no matter what... and it's like, seriously? What the fuck? You *want* us to know how desperately stupid you are?

They come here and they're gonna *prove* to us that God exists... by asserting it VERY VERY TEDIOUSLY AT GREAT LENGTH... And I just don't get it. Huh

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
26-11-2014, 03:04 PM
(26-11-2014 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 02:47 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  My world view isn't being threatened at all by this train wreck. Is anyone else's?

They come here and they're gonna *prove* to us that God exists... by asserting it VERY VERY TEDIOUSLY AT GREAT LENGTH... And I just don't get it. Huh

It's all they have. Drinking Beverage

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
26-11-2014, 03:58 PM
(26-11-2014 11:48 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 11:10 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Someone tells me there is a god and I say "I don't believe you."
What's to defend?
Then there's the humanist question.
Will a humanist put human life above all else? Will one try to reduce suffering?
Again what's to defend?

Two parts here ----------

a. Atheist enjoy letting people know that 'Atheism is simply that we don't believe in God' ; but they very seldom go further in giving a cogent defense of what they DO believe in which is their own atheistic worldview of Materialism and Naturalism by accidents and chance, for all we have . I think its very disingenuous to believe in something that One isn't willing or cant defend.

b. No, a Humanist (atheist) will not put human life above all else ; he will if its not too much of an inconvenience to himself. All bets are off if the Humanist Sexual Hedonist gets a woman pregnant out of wedlock for instance ---- suddenly the Humanist copulation was far more important than putting human life above all else and said Person could care less about the human suffering of the developing unborn PERSON whos life thru scientific fact started upon conception. Ah...but alas....there is an ace-in-the-hole for the Humanist : 'Its my liberty to do as I wish cause its my body' / 'The fetus of a human being has as much worth as an adult pig' per Dawkins / 'The fetus feels no pain from being ripped to pieces' / 'We as a country are over populated as it is' / and 'Its not too convenient for me to be having a Baby right now' .

Whats to defend is : Allowing God his authority in our lives and as a Nation before we morally implode with even greater catastrophic consequences . But it isn't going to happen with people having the Humanism defeatist attitude of 'whatever' . America wont get back to God, so it will be destroyed by its own philosophies of Humanism which has Man calling his own shots in life. And subsequent generations of American (and U.K.) Youth will quickly become groomed to its massive deception. We as a society need to immediately stop trying to convince our Youth that they are the product of a worthless piece of pond scum without a shred of dignity, worth, or moral accountability because how One sees themselves is how One will act in private and in public. In short then....we need to stop the charade of atheistic Secular Humanism even if it bolsters our ego and liberty to do as we want with no regard for what is right from wrong. And oh yes....this WILL require us to get back to what we KNOW is right from wrong and then to willingly DO right . God needs putting back on the throne again and Man taken off. Only by seeing atheistic Humanism as nefarious based on the stark consequences today, will we ever become a good Nation again.
You just said a whole lot of nothin'.
Lemme help ya out. I tell people what I do believe in every time I'm asked. Not every atheist is a materialist by the way. I have a friend who is both atheist and deeply "spiritual." How's that you ask? Because an atheist is one who doesn't accept the assertion that God exists and that's it. Some actually believe in ghosts...
A humanist does value humans above all else. That is the definition.
26-11-2014, 04:13 PM
(26-11-2014 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  I mean, we wouldn't chirp at all if he could keep his religion in his pants, but by God, here he goes, and he's gonna tell us what he thinks of us no matter what... and it's like, seriously? What the fuck? You *want* us to know how desperately stupid you are?

It’s not just him telling us what he thinks...he’s telling us what WE think.

I’ll tell you what I think of Mr. humble Knights who say NI!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Just a suggestion, but try starting with the premise that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and move forward slowly from there. Now proceed to a library or a computer with internet access. A fair warning, it is very difficult to read the pages of a book or computer screen with your head jammed completely up your ass.

Good luck.
26-11-2014, 06:10 PM
(26-11-2014 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  

There's something weird about the theists who come here... I dunno if it's that it's all the same desperate-for-attention-basement-dweller or what, but they are so keen to abase themselves and make themselves look like idiots in front of total strangers...

I mean, we wouldn't chirp at all if he could keep his religion in his pants, but by God, here he goes, and he's gonna tell us what he thinks of us no matter what... and it's like, seriously? What the fuck? You *want* us to know how desperately stupid you are?

They are True Believers™ with Unshakeable Faith©.

It is impossible to embarrass them, they are immune to sarcasm and irony, their faith is a perfect reflective surface for nuance and subtlety. They have an infantile need for absolute answers and avoid cognitive dissonance by refusing to recognize or accept actual evidence.

They accept shallow, simplistic, ancient philosophy as the profound truth and final word as though human thought has not progressed since Aristotle or Aquinas.

The only thing that seems to rattle them is potty mouth. Dodgy And sex. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
26-11-2014, 07:16 PM
(26-11-2014 06:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  They are True Believers™ with Unshakeable Faith©.

It is impossible to embarrass them, they are immune to sarcasm and irony, their faith is a perfect reflective surface for nuance and subtlety. They have an infantile need for absolute answers and avoid cognitive dissonance by refusing to recognize or accept actual evidence.

They accept shallow, simplistic, ancient philosophy as the profound truth and final word as though human thought has not progressed since Aristotle or Aquinas.

The only thing that seems to rattle them is potty mouth. Dodgy And sex. Drinking Beverage

Brilliant.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-11-2014, 08:20 PM
How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/ Origins? Pretty fuckin' well apparently.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 8 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
26-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Lol SAM

So many cats, so few good recipes.