How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
My worldview is that I view the world as it is.
I don't paint fluffy bunny god shit all over it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-11-2014, 11:05 PM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The traditional Atheistic Worldview boils down to Materialism and Naturalism without a trace of any intelligent input -----

A. Naturalism : Attempts to explain all phenomina by natural causes and laws.

Questions : 1. Where did information come from ? 2. Where did Energy come from ? 3. Where did Matter come from ? 4. Where did Life come from (the very first DNA molecule which according to Dawkins has enough specified informational instructions in it to fill 1,000 volumes of encyclopedias) ?

B. Materialism : The Doctrine that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

Questions : 1. What about the Laws of logic ? 2. What about the Laws of Science ? 3. What about the Laws of Mathematics ? 4.What about the Laws of Morality ? 5. Where did Consciousness come from (the animate from the inanimate such as reason, logic, will, love, abstract thinking, etc... derived from atoms . Explain the process ) ?

The answer to all your questions is that all of those things came from existence.
The only other alternative is that they came from non-existence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-11-2014, 11:40 PM
(26-11-2014 01:36 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Its your subjective conclusion that a required personal theistic Creator for our personal intelligent-displayed Creation, is 'a non existent Diety' . Im saying simple that I don't have enough faith that atoms, energy, time, chance, and mutations could ever produce ANY level of complexity and NON-material entities such as what we enjoy . Im glad that youre faith is that remarkable though.
God is non-existent because there's no proof that god ever existed other than the bible, which is far from being a credible source.

There's no faith needed not to believe in something because the burden of proof lies on the side that's making the positive claims. (i.e. God exists)

Quote:The Genocidal Monster is that of atheistic Secular Humanism which accounted for over 120,000,000 murders by professed Atheist Tyrants in just the last century alone. ... followed by mass Infanticide starting in 1973 due to Humanisms Sexual Freedom gone further wrong resulting in walkin abortion at the rate of 4,000 daily now surpassing 60,000,000 total . Of course Humanisms Monster has been made more plausible sounding by calling it Ones 'Liberty' .
Do you even know what secular humanism is? Hint: It's not the same thing as totalitarianism.
27-11-2014, 12:21 AM
(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  A. Naturalism : Attempts to explain all phenomina by natural causes and laws.
Close,
It is actually scientists that attempt to explain all phenomina by natural causes and laws. They do this using the scientific method in an objective fashion focusing on empirical evidence.

The question I ask of you is why doesn't the scientific method allow for discovery of supernatural causes?

(24-11-2014 09:18 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  B. Materialism : The Doctrine that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.
Everything is made of energy, matter is merely a form of energy. But we can't say that all energy is matter.

The things you have listed (laws of logic, science etc) these are conceptual ideas. They don't exist in the same that particles and energy waves exist. Do you understand the difference between concepts and physical objects?
27-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Further to Bear100's point:

I've always liked what my Mama defined secular humanism as - it is the belief in the power of the human spirit. Secular humanists believe that *humans* can make a better world without the help or need for some slaver God.

Just thought I'd raise that - old Bumblefuck here seems desperate to paint humanism as some kinda dire threat, so it's nice to talk about what it *is* rather than what it isn't.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-11-2014, 10:20 AM
(26-11-2014 01:49 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:45 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I do have a brief PRE-Qualification Test I ask professed Atheists to take before I start investing a lot of time on their request, so, please PM me for the Pre-Qualifier then we can take it from there. (Im not allowed to post the Qualification Test publicly according to the Forum King) . Thanks.

Why do you need a prequalification test? Prequalification for what? So you can reply to only that which is convenient? Sounds like typical cherry picking. Dodgy

Upon passing the Pre-qualifier, I will spend as much time with an Individual showing him/her more evidence than what ive already provided in this Forum (and yes...I have provided it) in addition to many examples of intelligent design in biological systems in addition to answering any and all of your sincere questions. This could take hours to do, so, I only reserve that for sincere Seekers and that has to be qualified. I don't need time wasters . Im sure you can appreciate that cant you.? Frankly, theres good reason why people call themselves 'Atheists' instead of Agnostics / Seekers / or Researchers ---- its because precious few Atheists don't want to have an open mind to THE greatest issue ever .

PM me if you want to take the test.
27-11-2014, 10:24 AM
(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:49 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why do you need a prequalification test? Prequalification for what? So you can reply to only that which is convenient? Sounds like typical cherry picking. Dodgy

Upon passing the Pre-qualifier, I will spend as much time with an Individual showing him/her more evidence than what ive already provided in this Forum (and yes...I have provided it) in addition to many examples of intelligent design in biological systems in addition to answering any and all of your sincere questions. This could take hours to do, so, I only reserve that for sincere Seekers and that has to be qualified. I don't need time wasters . Im sure you can appreciate that cant you.? Frankly, theres good reason why people call themselves 'Atheists' instead of Agnostics / Seekers / or Researchers ---- its because precious few Atheists don't want to have an open mind to THE greatest issue ever .

Why would anyone want to spend hours listening to you polishing a turd? Yes, you can polish a turd, but in the end it's still just shit.

Go away.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-11-2014, 10:28 AM
(26-11-2014 11:40 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:36 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Its your subjective conclusion that a required personal theistic Creator for our personal intelligent-displayed Creation, is 'a non existent Diety' . Im saying simple that I don't have enough faith that atoms, energy, time, chance, and mutations could ever produce ANY level of complexity and NON-material entities such as what we enjoy . Im glad that youre faith is that remarkable though.
God is non-existent because there's no proof that god ever existed other than the bible, which is far from being a credible source.

There's no faith needed not to believe in something because the burden of proof lies on the side that's making the positive claims. (i.e. God exists)

Quote:The Genocidal Monster is that of atheistic Secular Humanism which accounted for over 120,000,000 murders by professed Atheist Tyrants in just the last century alone. ... followed by mass Infanticide starting in 1973 due to Humanisms Sexual Freedom gone further wrong resulting in walkin abortion at the rate of 4,000 daily now surpassing 60,000,000 total . Of course Humanisms Monster has been made more plausible sounding by calling it Ones 'Liberty' .
Do you even know what secular humanism is? Hint: It's not the same thing as totalitarianism.

Yes, I practically wrote the Book on Secular Humanism. In this following Formal Debate I had with an atheist Secular Humanist , I define the religious Label / examine its many affirmations / and expose Humanism for being the cause of our many social ills today : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Not only are Secular Humanists ruining the moral fabric of our Nations , but in accordance to unbiased scientific Polls and Tests , they are the least trusted Group in society . Were you aware that this is the Group which you represent ?
27-11-2014, 10:29 AM
(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Upon passing the Pre-qualifier, I will spend as much time with an Individual showing him/her more evidence than what ive already provided in this Forum (and yes...I have provided it)

You have done nothing of the sort. What you have done is repeat your baseless presuppositions, and expect others to accept them, and answered none of the real questions posed to you. You have no science education, and you have no education in ancient Near Eastern literature. (ie the Bible, or it's culture). All you have is Fundie, childish "Bible study for idiots" level nonsense. No one is going to play your stupid game. YOU are not "qualified" be giving anyone a test when YOU actually know nothing yourself. Save your breath. Go shout on the street-corner.
What is not needed here, is YOU. YOU are the waste of time.

Your problem is you have such an "open mind", your brain fell out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-11-2014, 10:31 AM
(27-11-2014 10:24 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Upon passing the Pre-qualifier, I will spend as much time with an Individual showing him/her more evidence than what ive already provided in this Forum (and yes...I have provided it) in addition to many examples of intelligent design in biological systems in addition to answering any and all of your sincere questions. This could take hours to do, so, I only reserve that for sincere Seekers and that has to be qualified. I don't need time wasters . Im sure you can appreciate that cant you.? Frankly, theres good reason why people call themselves 'Atheists' instead of Agnostics / Seekers / or Researchers ---- its because precious few Atheists don't want to have an open mind to THE greatest issue ever .

Why would anyone want to spend hours listening to you polishing a turd? Yes, you can polish a turd, but in the end it's still just shit.

Go away.

Thanks for validating why I give a PreQualifer to Atheists . Ill go away if im good n ready or if our Sire chooses to behead Me for an unofficial reason.