How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Upon passing the Pr-qualifier....

Hey! I answered the questions.

Is it because I didn't say the magic words?

Klataah! Veratoo! Ni-*Cough. cough*!

See! I said 'em!

Confused

(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I will spend as much time with an Individual showing him/her more evidence than what I've already provided in this Forum (and yes...I have provided it) in addition to many examples of intelligent design in biological systems in addition to answering any and all of your sincere questions.

I believe I already counter pointed your comment/answer on this one. So does that give me extra browny points for you replying to me? Big Grin

(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  This could take hours to do, so, I only reserve that for sincere Seekers and that has to be qualified. I don't need time wasters .

how do you tell sincere from insincere? Consider

(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I'm sure you can appreciate that can't you.? Frankly, there's good reason why people call themselves 'Atheists' instead of Agnostics / Seekers / or Researchers ---- its because precious few Atheists don't want to have an open mind to THE greatest issue ever .

Citation needed. How can you tell I am insincere? Consider

(27-11-2014 10:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  PM me if you want to take the test.

No need. My reply is a few pages back. Big Grin

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't need time wasters .

This may be the only sentence among the thousands that Theist typed with which I wholeheartedly agree. If only s/he could see that s/he is the time waster.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dcobranchi's post
27-11-2014, 01:15 PM
(27-11-2014 10:47 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well it is my birthday next week......Consider

Oh great Sire , please have mercy on me a small and humble Peasant as I count my many blessings of residing in your Kingdom and as I live daily groveling beneath thy scepter of power, prestige, and control. I would count it an honor if you would lob off an ear at a time before you totally extinguish my existence at one click of your command. I beseech Thee O King to allow me another day to wade thru the squalor that is before Me with my Adversaries , that I might live to see my Sire turn another year next week. Gasp

Perhaps if you stop pasting drivel, and try to articulate an original thought, or at least be able to personally validate and substantiate your faith in the invisible transcendental world you choose to cling to you may enter intellectual discourse.

Since you like questions here are a few for you, in this great holiday of celebration of the Europeans decimation of millions of Native Americans in their zeal to teach the heathens about the Europeans made up god....reminds me of the old saying from a Native American Chief, "The white man came holding a bible, and we had the land, they taught us to pray with our eyes closed, when we opened them, they had the land and we were holding the bible...."

Do you believe the fictional book called the bible is true. Are you a YEC or an OEC or some other hybrid?

DO you believe in a god? if so why?

Do you believe in jesus the christ was the true jewish messiah, son of god and if so why?

and a gift for you, from an X-Xtian to a Xtian....

The Bible claims that Jesus made the following comment:

Matthew 16:28

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Jesus also advised against going to court over someone who steals something and also told people not to store up stocks or reserves for the future. Clearly, he thought the end was very near.

Likewise, Paul advised followers not to marry and that the end time was near. In this scripture he obviously believes that some of the people he is talking to will still be alive at the second coming.

I Thessalonians 4: 16-18

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

The obvious fact is that the second coming was not forthcoming at that time, or even close to being near. The 2000-year delay is a strong piece of evidence that Christianity is a failed religion.

The following quote from Stephen L. Harris, Professor Emeritus of Humanities and Religious Studies at California State University- Sacramento, completes this point with a devastating argument. Remember that Jesus was a Jew who had no intention to deviate from the Hebrew scriptures:

“Jesus did not accomplish what Israel’s prophets said the Messiah was commissioned to do: He did not deliver the covenant people from their Gentile enemies, reassemble those scattered in the Diaspora, restore the Davidic kingdom, or establish universal peace (cf.Isa. 9:6–7; 11:7–12:16, etc.). Instead of freeing Jews from oppressors and thereby fulfilling God’s ancient promises—for land, nationhood, kingship, and blessing—Jesus died a “shameful” death, defeated by the very political powers the Messiah was prophesied to overcome. Indeed, the Hebrew prophets did not foresee that Israel’s savior would be executed as a common criminal by Gentiles, making Jesus’ crucifixion a “stumbling block” to scripturally literate Jews. (1 Cor.1:23)”

Jesus’ immediate followers, mostly his 12 disciples, probably did not immediately identify this failure, because after Jesus’ body was likely stolen and concealed, a rumor spread that Jesus had been resurrected from the dead. A sense of optimism overcame their grief about his execution and renewed some hope that he was a true messiah. If they had known then that there was to be no return in the near or long-term future, they likely would have abandoned any further activity. Despite this resurgence in their faith, they never agreed with Paul’s concept of Jesus as being divine. Anything written in the Bible to suggest that they did is probably a result of later editing by some of Paul’s followers. Such a belief would have been an exceptional departure from the Jewish faith.

Think......evolve

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Re: RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(27-11-2014 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Thanks for validating why I give a PreQualifer to Atheists . Ill go away if im good n ready or if our Sire chooses to behead Me for an unofficial reason.

Well it is my birthday next week......Consider

Good. You're so hard to shop for, it's good to know what to get you.

Buy every "proof" of intelligent design and "God did it" is always something along the lines of how do you explain eye or the Earth is perfectly suited to humans (buy can't explain why natural disasters kill us or why we can't live in Antarctica).

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
27-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Depends what you are looking at

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-11-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 06:55 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(27-11-2014 04:25 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well it is my birthday next week......Consider

Good. You're so hard to shop for, it's good to know what to get you.

Buy every "proof" of intelligent design and "God did it" is always something along the lines of how do you explain eye or the Earth is perfectly suited to humans (buy can't explain why natural disasters kill us or why we can't live in Antarctica).

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

One of my fav hammers is why would god create a planet for his lil playthings that he LOVES so much and keeps them warm with a cancer causing ball of fire that bombards us with cancer causing rays.......ah perfect design Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-11-2014, 06:59 PM
(27-11-2014 11:00 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:47 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Oh great Sire , please have mercy on me a small and humble Peasant as I count my many blessings of residing in your Kingdom and as I live daily groveling beneath thy scepter of power, prestige, and control. I would count it an honor if you would lob off an ear at a time before you totally extinguish my existence at one click of your command. I beseech Thee O King to allow me another day to wade thru the squalor that is before Me with my Adversaries , that I might live to see my Sire turn another year next week. Gasp

[Image: zNrg4ulntLBMk.gif]

Well I thought it was funny.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
27-11-2014, 07:24 PM
(27-11-2014 10:47 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  

Oh great Sire , please have mercy on me a small and humble Peasant as I count my many blessings of residing in your Kingdom and as I live daily groveling beneath thy scepter of power, prestige, and control. I would count it an honor if you would lob off an ear at a time before you totally extinguish my existence at one click of your command. I beseech Thee O King to allow me another day to wade thru the squalor that is before Me with my Adversaries , that I might live to see my Sire turn another year next week. Gasp

I think this violates the 'Don't be a dick' rule. Your assholery won't win any converts here. Go find people who may actually give a shit about the crap you spew.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-11-2014, 07:29 PM
(27-11-2014 07:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:47 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Oh great Sire , please have mercy on me a small and humble Peasant as I count my many blessings of residing in your Kingdom and as I live daily groveling beneath thy scepter of power, prestige, and control. I would count it an honor if you would lob off an ear at a time before you totally extinguish my existence at one click of your command. I beseech Thee O King to allow me another day to wade thru the squalor that is before Me with my Adversaries , that I might live to see my Sire turn another year next week. Gasp

I think this violates the 'Don't be a dick' rule. Your assholery won't win any converts here. Go find people who may actually give a shit about the crap you spew.

How *convenient*. I thought Jebus was Church Lady's "sire".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-11-2014, 07:31 PM
An early birthday cake for Stark -

[Image: normal_1273893643.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post