How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 11:12 AM by TheInquisition.)
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(26-11-2014 10:44 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:38 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  All you have done is make ignorant, unproven assertions. So we simply don't believe your warped perception of the universe and dismiss it as ignorant.

What you mean to say is : ' I don't want to believe your assertions based on common reality because it conflicts with my personal MO for doing life so I have to dismiss it even though I claim to champion scientific inquiry (until it upsets my applecart) ' .

Until you trot out a talking serpent to zoologists to examine, I think my skepticism is well founded. The deluded religious have such luminaries as Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite and Charles Manson. I think I'll pass on your childish fairy tale.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
26-11-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 11:14 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-11-2014 10:37 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:26 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have labeled your self humble which is ironically an arrogant thing to do.

Yes, its an oxymoron isn't it ? I did it to squelch the typical atheist who stereotypes Theists and Christians as nothing but gullible , cant think for themselves , are brainwashed by the Church or family , and just operates on circular reasoning. Our Creator can be shown to exist without even opening a religious book , from reality alone ----------- exactly as should be possible if a Creator/Designer exists and showed himself thru the leftover effects from his intricate work performed.

Test of a Worldview which Theism satisfies but Atheism cannot :

It must be :

1. Logically consistent.

2. Empirically verifiable

3. Experientially relevant

It must answer :

1. Origins ----- From where did everything come ?

2. Meaning---- What is the purpose of life ?

3. Morality ----------How should One live their life ?

4. Destiny--------What happens when a person dies and ultimately where is history going ?

There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING that is "empirically" verifiable about theism. Show me the STUDY where a god is "empirically verified", and peer-reviewed. Take your time.

Clearly you don't know that the Bible teaches FAITH is a "gift of the spirit". Yet YOU call yourself a Christian ? hahahaha

You are suffering from Low Ambiguity Tolerance,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambiguity_tolerance
an overwhelming NEED for cognitive closure,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_c...hilosophy)

What you need is a psychiatrist, not a god.

A god which "must exist" because if it's creature's definitions is no god, nor is it a master of Reality.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-11-2014, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 11:15 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
Someone tells me there is a god and I say "I don't believe you."
What's to defend?
Then there's the humanist question.
Will a humanist put human life above all else? Will one try to reduce suffering?
Again what's to defend?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
26-11-2014, 11:30 AM
(26-11-2014 10:58 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:37 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Yes, its an oxymoron isn't it ? I did it to squelch the typical atheist who stereotypes Theists and Christians as nothing but gullible , cant think for themselves , are brainwashed by the Church or family , and just operates on circular reasoning. Our Creator can be shown to exist without even opening a religious book , from reality alone ----------- exactly as should be possible if a Creator/Designer exists and showed himself thru the leftover effects from his intricate work performed.

Test of a Worldview which Theism satisfies but Atheism cannot :

It must be :

1. Logically consistent.

It must answer :

4. Destiny--------What happens when a person dies and ultimately where is history going ?

Word salad at its best

1. Logically consistent.

-creationism is anything but consistent, the entire fable is wrought with inconsistencies, inaccuracies, lies, fiction, parables and allegorical writings, not to mention out right pseudepigrapha and interpolations...

lol as if

lol as if

It must answer :

why?

why?

its obvious

you rot

try a bit harder, you aren't very good at this

If I were to push your face into Donkey Dung, youd still declare it as Pecan Pie.
26-11-2014, 11:36 AM
(26-11-2014 11:30 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:58 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Word salad at its best

1. Logically consistent.

-creationism is anything but consistent, the entire fable is wrought with inconsistencies, inaccuracies, lies, fiction, parables and allegorical writings, not to mention out right pseudepigrapha and interpolations...

lol as if

lol as if

It must answer :

why?

why?

its obvious

you rot

If I were to push your face into Donkey Dung, youd still declare it as Pecan Pie.

Said the "humble little theist".
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-11-2014, 11:37 AM
(26-11-2014 11:30 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:58 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Word salad at its best

1. Logically consistent.

lol as if

lol as if

It must answer :

why?

why?

its obvious

you rot

I always chortle when people pointedly refer to themselves as "humble." This is one reason why.

Oh, and:
*donkey dung
*you'd
*pecan pie
[Vosur is on lunch break.]

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
26-11-2014, 11:37 AM
(26-11-2014 11:30 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If I were to push your face into Donkey Dung, youd still declare it as Pecan Pie.

You would declare it as intelligent design.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-11-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 12:09 PM by Im a humble little Theist.)
(26-11-2014 11:10 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Someone tells me there is a god and I say "I don't believe you."
What's to defend?
Will a humanist put human life above all else? Will one try to reduce suffering?
Again what's to defend?

Two parts here ----------

a. Atheist enjoy letting people know that 'Atheism is simply that we don't believe in God' ; but they very seldom go further in giving a cogent defense of what they DO believe in which is their own atheistic worldview of Materialism and Naturalism by accidents and chance, for all we have . I think its very disingenuous to believe in something that One isn't willing or cant defend.

b. No, a Humanist (atheist) will not put human life above all else ; he will if its not too much of an inconvenience to himself. All bets are off if the Humanist Sexual Hedonist gets a woman pregnant out of wedlock for instance ---- suddenly the Humanist copulation was far more important than putting human life above all else and said Person could care less about the human suffering of the developing unborn PERSON whos life thru scientific fact started upon conception. Ah...but alas....there is an ace-in-the-hole for the Humanist : 'Its my liberty to do as I wish cause its my body' / 'The fetus of a human being has as much worth as an adult pig' per Dawkins / 'The fetus feels no pain from being ripped to pieces' / 'We as a country are over populated as it is' / and 'Its not too convenient for me to be having a Baby right now' .

Whats to defend is : Allowing God his authority in our lives and as a Nation before we morally implode with even greater catastrophic consequences . But it isn't going to happen with people having the Humanism defeatist attitude of 'whatever' . America wont get back to God, so it will be destroyed by its own philosophies of Humanism which has Man calling his own shots in life. And subsequent generations of American (and U.K.) Youth will quickly become groomed to its massive deception. We as a society need to immediately stop trying to convince our Youth that they are the product of a worthless piece of pond scum without a shred of dignity, worth, or moral accountability because how One sees themselves is how One will act in private and in public. In short then....we need to stop the charade of atheistic Secular Humanism even if it bolsters our ego and liberty to do as we want with no regard for what is right from wrong. And oh yes....this WILL require us to get back to what we KNOW is right from wrong and then to willingly DO right . God needs putting back on the throne again and Man taken off. Only by seeing atheistic Humanism as nefarious based on the stark consequences today, will we ever become a good Nation again.
26-11-2014, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 12:11 PM by Im a humble little Theist.)
(26-11-2014 11:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 11:30 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If I were to push your face into Donkey Dung, youd still declare it as Pecan Pie.

You would declare it as intelligent design.

Both Donkey Dung and Pecan Pie ARE intelligently designed , unless you think that either came about from non personal, non intelligence , unwilled , accidental Causes .... which they didn't. Pecan Pie is intentionally CREATED as is Donkey Dung as it moves thru the Animals anatomy . Next time you step in some, just tell yourself that 'it just popped into existence' then pretend it isn't reality either . And if Someone tells you that you smell like Donkey Dung....just tell em that their accidental compilations of atoms that make up their nose cant be trusted.

You cant escape the intelligent design of things all around you. But you can pretend they don't exist and/or you can willfully disregard them because of the natural implication of it (a Creator) which is a fly to ones lifestyle ointment.
26-11-2014, 12:01 PM
(26-11-2014 11:48 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 11:10 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Someone tells me there is a god and I say "I don't believe you."
What's to defend?
Again what's to defend?

Two parts here ----------

a. Atheist enjoy letting people know that 'Atheism is simply that we don't believe in God' ; but they very seldom go further in giving a cogent defense of what they DO believe in which is their own atheistic worldview of Materialism and Naturalism by accidents and chance, for all we have . I think its very disingenuous to believe in something that One isn't willing or cant defend.

b. No, a Humanist (atheist) will not put human life above all else ; he will if its not too much of an inconvenience to himself. All bets are off if the Humanist Sexual Hedonist gets a woman pregnant out of wedlock for instance ---- suddenly the Humanist copulation was far more important than putting human life above all else and said Person could care less about the human suffering of the developing unborn PERSON whos life thru scientific fact started upon conception. Ah...but alas....there is an ace-in-the-hole for the Humanist : 'Its my liberty to do as I wish cause its my body' / 'The fetus of a human being has as much worth as an adult pig' per Dawkins / 'The fetus feels no pain from being ripped to pieces' / 'We as a country are over populated as it is' / and 'Its not too convenient for me to be having a Baby right now' .

Whats to defend is : Allowing God his authority in our lives and as a Nation before we morally implode with even greater catastrophic consequences . But it isn't going to happen with people having the Humanism defeatist attitude of 'whatever' . America wont get back to God, so it will be destroyed by its own philosophies of Humanism which has Man calling his own shots in life. And subsequent generations of American (and U.K.) Youth will quickly become groomed to its massive deception.

1. The plural of "atheist" is "atheists".
2. You have no idea what "atheists enjoy" as you are not in their head. You are a presumptuous judgmental twit-fool.
3. Just because YOU NEED to play your little psycho games, doesn't mean everyone else does.
4. Many here are "igtheists" as there is no coherent definition of the word "god". You can't provide one.
5. You're obsessed with sex. What ? You don't get any ?
6. you don't know any atheists, so you have no clue what they would do.
7. The MOST generous person on the planet, (Bill Gates) is an atheist, so all your bullshit assumptions are just that.
8. Did you forget your anti-psychotic medications today ? Maybe you better ring for the nurse and tell her you need an extra dose.

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post