How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: How well can Atheistic Humanists defend their Worldview/Origins ?
(26-11-2014 11:58 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Next time you step in some, just tell yourself that 'it just popped into existence' then pretend it isn't reality either .

No, it plopped into existence.

Oh and learn some science. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Atheist enjoy letting people know that 'Atheism is simply that we don't believe in God' ; but they very seldom go further in giving a cogent defense of what they DO believe

I am an atheist and I DO believe this conversation has turned into an utter waste of bandwidth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like dcobranchi's post
26-11-2014, 12:03 PM
(26-11-2014 12:02 PM)dcobranchi Wrote:  I am an atheist and I do believe this conversation has turned into an utter waste of bandwidth.

No turn necessary. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-11-2014, 12:09 PM
(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  You know this God exists from the creation effects that you can see and discover ,

Baseless assertion [Citation needed]

Also, no, I don't "know" that he exists.

(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  you even know intrinsically that all of what we have isn't an accident and didn't come willy nilly without a Will and Intelligent input ,

(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  you see how utterly complex your own Human Body and awareness is and know it wasn't by accident,

God of the gaps

(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  and if you payed closer attention....youd be aware of this Creator trying to get your attention without overstepping your freewill choice.

(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Fundamentally, this is how all of us can know. And to validate this, back when you were between 4-7 years old , you even inquired as to HOW did all this get here / WHAT does all this mean / WHERE are we going when we die , or similar to your Parents whom you trusted most.

Perhaps if this god were as falsifiable as my parents, he'd be taken seriously. Consider

(26-11-2014 10:31 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  SO, what are you going to do now ? That's the question.

I'm going to ask you one last time for that non-presuppositional, non-circular evidence you've been promising us before putting you on ignore for trolling.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-11-2014, 12:13 PM
(26-11-2014 10:37 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:26 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have labeled your self humble which is ironically an arrogant thing to do.

Yes, its an oxymoron isn't it ? I did it to squelch the typical atheist who stereotypes Theists and Christians as nothing but gullible , cant think for themselves , are brainwashed by the Church or family , and just operates on circular reasoning.

Or maybe you're just arrogant? Drinking Beverage

(26-11-2014 10:44 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  What you mean to say is : ' I don't want to believe your assertions based on common reality because it conflicts with my personal MO for doing life so I have to dismiss it even though I claim to champion scientific inquiry (until it upsets my applecart) ' .

Oh look, you are trying to dictate to people what they think and mean. Arrogant it is.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-11-2014, 12:20 PM
(26-11-2014 12:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 11:48 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Two parts here ----------

a. Atheist enjoy letting people know that 'Atheism is simply that we don't believe in God' ; but they very seldom go further in giving a cogent defense of what they DO believe in which is their own atheistic worldview of Materialism and Naturalism by accidents and chance, for all we have . I think its very disingenuous to believe in something that One isn't willing or cant defend.

b. No, a Humanist (atheist) will not put human life above all else ; he will if its not too much of an inconvenience to himself. All bets are off if the Humanist Sexual Hedonist gets a woman pregnant out of wedlock for instance ---- suddenly the Humanist copulation was far more important than putting human life above all else and said Person could care less about the human suffering of the developing unborn PERSON whos life thru scientific fact started upon conception. Ah...but alas....there is an ace-in-the-hole for the Humanist : 'Its my liberty to do as I wish cause its my body' / 'The fetus of a human being has as much worth as an adult pig' per Dawkins / 'The fetus feels no pain from being ripped to pieces' / 'We as a country are over populated as it is' / and 'Its not too convenient for me to be having a Baby right now' .

Whats to defend is : Allowing God his authority in our lives and as a Nation before we morally implode with even greater catastrophic consequences . But it isn't going to happen with people having the Humanism defeatist attitude of 'whatever' . America wont get back to God, so it will be destroyed by its own philosophies of Humanism which has Man calling his own shots in life. And subsequent generations of American (and U.K.) Youth will quickly become groomed to its massive deception.

1. The plural of "atheist" is "atheists".
2. You have no idea what "atheists enjoy" as you are not in their head. You are a presumptuous judgmental twit-fool.
3. Just because YOU NEED to play your little psycho games, doesn't mean everyone else does.
4. Many here are "igtheists" as there is no coherent definition of the word "god". You can't provide one.
5. You're obsessed with sex. What ? You don't get any ?
6. you don't know any atheists, so you have no clue what they would do.
7. The MOST generous person on the planet, (Bill Gates) is an atheist, so all your bullshit assumptions are just that.
8. Did you forget your anti-psychotic medications today ? Maybe you better ring for the nurse and tell her you need an extra dose.

It takes too much faith to be an atheist . Bill Gates knows that too. Being generous with Ones money isn't enough to find Gods favor im afraid . That comes thru willful surrender of putting God in his rightful place in our lives , but that requires dethroning SELF ---- something that is just too high a price for most.

I do know what Atheists enjoy and what is in their Minds. I used to be one and ran with the same crowd . Essentially, the fallout to such a life is defeatism because theres no ultimate hope, meaning, purpose, or long lasting joy to be had ; how could there be when one thinks hes the product of worthless pond scum that burped forth from substance which was dead ?!
26-11-2014, 12:23 PM
(26-11-2014 12:20 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 12:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. The plural of "atheist" is "atheists".
2. You have no idea what "atheists enjoy" as you are not in their head. You are a presumptuous judgmental twit-fool.
3. Just because YOU NEED to play your little psycho games, doesn't mean everyone else does.
4. Many here are "igtheists" as there is no coherent definition of the word "god". You can't provide one.
5. You're obsessed with sex. What ? You don't get any ?
6. you don't know any atheists, so you have no clue what they would do.
7. The MOST generous person on the planet, (Bill Gates) is an atheist, so all your bullshit assumptions are just that.
8. Did you forget your anti-psychotic medications today ? Maybe you better ring for the nurse and tell her you need an extra dose.

It takes too much faith to be an atheist . Bill Gates knows that too. Being generous with Ones money isn't enough to find Gods favor im afraid . That comes thru willful surrender of putting God in his rightful place in our lives , but that requires dethroning SELF ---- something that is just too high a price for most.

I do know what Atheists enjoy and what is in their Minds. I used to be one and ran with the same crowd . Essentially, the fallout to such a life is defeatism because theres no ultimate hope, meaning, purpose, or long lasting joy to be had ; how could there be when one thinks hes the product of worthless pond scum that burped forth from substance which was dead ?!

[Image: robert_downey_jr.jpg]

Good luck with this one folks...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
26-11-2014, 12:24 PM
(26-11-2014 12:13 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:37 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Yes, its an oxymoron isn't it ? I did it to squelch the typical atheist who stereotypes Theists and Christians as nothing but gullible , cant think for themselves , are brainwashed by the Church or family , and just operates on circular reasoning.

Or maybe you're just arrogant? Drinking Beverage

(26-11-2014 10:44 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  What you mean to say is : ' I don't want to believe your assertions based on common reality because it conflicts with my personal MO for doing life so I have to dismiss it even though I claim to champion scientific inquiry (until it upsets my applecart) ' .

Oh look, you are trying to dictate to people what they think and mean. Arrogant it is.

The consequential effects in society as a result of atheistic Humanist ideology being played out , makes it quite easy to see what such People are thinking, meaning, and patterning their life about. Bad fruit comes from diseased trees.
26-11-2014, 12:25 PM
(26-11-2014 12:20 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  It takes too much faith to be an atheist.
As opposed to blindly believing in a nonexistent deity that presents himself through a confusing and contradictory book where he paints himself as a genocidal monster. Mhm.
[+] 6 users Like Bear100's post
26-11-2014, 12:25 PM
(26-11-2014 12:20 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I do know what Atheists enjoy and what is in their Minds
Neat.
Tell me just 2 things I enjoy and 2 things that are in my mind....

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post