How will we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2011, 12:46 PM
How will we know?
My wife and I have been talking about the May 21st doomsday predicted for next weekend. My wife asked the question "How will we know if it has happened?" I said that at least a few people would be missing. She made the comment that people go missing every day and we don't notice. She found that 2,300 go missing in the US everyday (and those are only the ones reported). What do you think? If doomsday came on May 21st, how would we know?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2011, 01:17 PM
RE: How will we know?
This is exactly the rationale behind the point of everyone claiming to personally know three people no longer among us as a way to confirm the rapture took place - all those remaining have to deal with the fact they were not chosen...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Doesn't doomsday mean that all the apocalyptic stuff happens that is in the Bible? With the seven seals, the lake of fire, the angels, the death riders, Jesus judging people, and stuff. I would like to see that. Also how do we know that it didn't already happen and this is already hell? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. AS Bad Religion puts it : "more a question than a curse, how could hell be any worse?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoD9zWY9Rg

awesome music Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
14-05-2011, 01:50 PM
(14-05-2011 01:39 PM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  Doesn't doomsday mean that all the apocalyptic stuff happens that is in the Bible? With the seven seals, the lake of fire, the angels, the death riders, Jesus judging people, and stuff. I would like to see that. Also how do we know that it didn't already happen and this is already hell? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. AS Bad Religion puts it : "more a question than a curse, how could hell be any worse?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoD9zWY9Rg

awesome music Smile

I Heart Bad Religion!

Anyway, to make this post relevant, does anybody know where in the Bible the actual "rapture" is? I know that a bunch of bat-shit psychedelic stuff happens in Revelations, but isn't what happens in that book supposed to be something different from the "rapture"?

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
14-05-2011, 02:10 PM

Music RE: How will we know?
Small world. Smile I was thinking of this just before bed last night, after having read over a lot of the doomsday threads here.

It's a good point. It's easy to make fun of flying Christians, ascending to the bosom of Jesus who awaits in a cloud bank with arms wide, and angels blowing horns to glory.
But how would this scenario really play out? It's meant as judgment day for the world, while the saved who are thus exempt, are taken out of what's to come as punishment.

So would it all be something only they see? And wouldn't that ideally be the case, since the saved would be the only one's ascending, so the damned wouldn't see what they were missing because the chaos that would ensue as the certainty of the prophecy took place right before their eyes.

That's why on the 21st we're going to take a ride around the area's where the Christian churches are, to see what their parking lots look like. And on the 22nd we're going to call those same churches to see if anyone answers. Tongue

It's all silly, of course. However, that people literally live looking forward to what's to come in the next 7 days, thinking they'll no longer be here. What are they doing? Are they spending their savings, like that 60 something Fundy in the other thread who's retirement savings all went to billboard ad's promising the end of the world come May 21st? And what's he to do when he awakes May 22nd? How's he going to live the rest of his life, having missed lift off?

And what if people we know aren't answering their phones, when we call on May 22nd? The Christians that are here, are the damned who weren't saved after all. Right?
So what will they think? Will they believe this life is now the Judgment? The hell on earth wherein Satan reigns a thousand years?
Fundy Televangelists are having a field day as it is, especially Hal Lindsay, with the natural disasters, the middle eastern politics, all looking like Armageddon and the book of Revelation falling into place.
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Signs of the rapture (according to the conservative right):
1) A black president of the US
2) Any flood anywhere at any time that causes damage and kills any number of people
3) Same as #2 except replace flood with tornadoes
4) Sames as #2 & #3 except replace flood/tornadoes with earthquake
5) Sames as #2, #3, & #4 except replace flood/tornadoes/earthquake with nuclear reactor meltdown
6) Pluto loses planet status
7) Britney Spears is still alive
8) People realize Sarah Palin is an idiot
9) Someone other than Bush gives the order to take out bin-Laden
10) Atheists still exist
11) Timing is not important. All above events can be spread out over months, years, decades, centuries, or all of space-time

This guy making these ads is nothing more than a crooked conman trying to separate the weak minded from their money. If the rapture happens then all of at least one religious group will disappear. My bet is on the Mormons Smile

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-05-2011, 07:08 PM

In truth, aren't all pastors conmen and conwomen?

The greatest temple to the Con is the Vatican. Built over top a Pagan burial ground, it's the icon of the scheme to separate people from their intellect, and persuade them to voluntary servitude to a twisted self-deprecating fable. One that took countless lives, in order to root itself into the world scheme of things. One unto which countless lives were given, in the name of the church, first.

When the fish hat speaks, billions of individuals listen and obey!

All because they set aside their intellect and accept as absolute irrefutable truth that it's an invisible power, speaking in his ear so that he interprets that what's received as divine inspiration, and leads the worlds most populace cult into the next century! As the leader of the smallest sovereign country on the planet, who's "citizen" population is the greatest in number on the earth. Not even China can compete with their numbers.

Amazing! Think about it. We're surrounded and outnumbered by idiots. Who think atheists are the one's deluded!
15-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Harold Campings website says:

On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.
15-05-2011, 12:32 PM

You know what's really a stone riot?
Camping's, "Project Caravan." Note the "recent update"dates? All pre-scheduled of course. Tongue

Recent Updates:
04/30/11 - Updated Upcoming Cities
04/27/11 - Added Texas reports
04/27/11 - Added Little Rock/Fort Smith, AK -- Tulsa/Oklahoma City, OK report
04/21/11 - Updated Map

I wonder if, just to send a message to that conman who's on his second wind lying to people, as if he's intent on getting away with it once every century. First in the 90's and now May 21, 2011, if he could be sued for false advertising and maybe even breach of promise, on May 22nd? Angel

Just to send the message that he shouldn't profit from his lies.
15-05-2011, 01:31 PM
"The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants."

each day people will die? Oh No!!

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould