How will we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2011, 01:42 PM
RE: How will we know?
(15-05-2011 01:31 PM)Fear Culture Wrote:  "The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants."

each day people will die? Oh No!!
hahaha, i thought the same thing!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 10:58 AM
(14-05-2011 01:50 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  Anyway, to make this post relevant, does anybody know where in the Bible the actual "rapture" is? I know that a bunch of bat-shit psychedelic stuff happens in Revelations, but isn't what happens in that book supposed to be something different from the "rapture"?
Here is where the rapture is first mentioned in the Bible.
Quote:But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so vwe will always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 ESV
There are many different interpretations of Revelation and where the rapture fits into it, but I think it is found here:
Quote:After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Revelation 4:1 ESV
If you want to see in detail what will happen after the rapture I recommend this site:

http://www.divineintervention.ws/FRAMES.HTM

I don't take Harold Camping's ideas seriously because Jesus said that no one will know ahead of time when he will return and Camping has made predictions in the past that turned out to be wrong. He also teaches a lot of other things that are contrary to the Bible. Here is a Christian perspective on him and his teachings:

http://online.worldmag.com/2011/05/17/apocalypse-now/

On May 22 I plan to go to church just as I usually do. The only thing I will be doing differently is that I intend to check Camping's website to see what excuses he makes for the failure of his predictions.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2011, 06:22 PM
According to the New Testament, those standing there hearing Jesus speak would see it happen, so how do we know it didn't happen 2000 years ago? Tongue

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user