How will you explain to your children...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: How will you explain to your children...
Well damn......Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 01:15 PM by childeye.)
(08-09-2013 03:30 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?
Respectfully, in my view this this question is not well thought out. In the converse, how can one explain there is no life after death when one does not know? Moreover the common sense declaration that something does not come out of nothing is scientifically sound. Why we have to die is a question we all ponder just as equally as why are we alive. Hence it is a metaphysical question since the energy all life came forth from existed before the universe did. Science cannot therefore answer it.
09-09-2013, 01:12 PM
(09-09-2013 12:59 PM)absols Wrote:  u cant do this

what is god or what is religion is smthg very subjective that doesnt matter at all to any individual being

u cant get to my clear opinion and words to force urs upon

keep ur dirty will about god to urself and assume it alone by making a clear post for

u have no business with others words about such a subject that are responsable of absolute negative force on all rights, others words are only pointing their writer presence, never u nor ur god ways by using any else right to make itself more present instead of the true present

fuck u and ur god

as if it is not clear that i absolutely hate that absolute most evil shit one that exist

how dare u force to deform my free opinion right, which is very deep so true

and call urself piece of shit evil moral power of love, making benefit to all

what benefit are u making even to urself piece of shit
???Blink

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
(09-09-2013 01:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 03:30 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  In a world where there's no scientific proof of God's existence and of life after death how will you explain to your children why you brought them into the world and why they will have to die?
Respectfully, in my view this this question is not well thought out. In the converse, how can one explain there is no life after death when one does not know? Moreover the common sense declaration that something does not come out of nothing is scientifically sound. Why we have to die is a question we all ponder just as equally as why are we alive. Hence it is a metaphysical question since the energy all life came forth from existed before the universe did. Science cannot therefore answer it.

I agree with a few of those words, but not in the order you wrote them
view is not well thought out
not common sense
science can answer it
question is not metaphysical

Your unfounded assertions are becoming way too common though.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
[Image: 11346d1335037796t-60s-spiderman-meme-go-...o1_400.jpg]

(09-09-2013 12:59 PM)absols Wrote:  u cant do this

what is god or what is religion is smthg very subjective that doesnt matter at all to any individual being

u cant get to my clear opinion and words to force urs upon

keep ur dirty will about god to urself and assume it alone by making a clear post for

u have no business with others words about such a subject that are responsable of absolute negative force on all rights, others words are only pointing their writer presence, never u nor ur god ways by using any else right to make itself more present instead of the true present

fuck u and ur god

as if it is not clear that i absolutely hate that absolute most evil shit one that exist

how dare u force to deform my free opinion right, which is very deep so true

and call urself piece of shit evil moral power of love, making benefit to all

what benefit are u making even to urself piece of shit

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
For the theist

How do you explain to your children that you believe a large pile of lies ?
What lies do you tell them to help them understand how full of bullshit you really are ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 04:24 PM by childeye.)
(09-09-2013 01:27 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 01:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully, in my view this this question is not well thought out. In the converse, how can one explain there is no life after death when one does not know? Moreover the common sense declaration that something does not come out of nothing is scientifically sound. Why we have to die is a question we all ponder just as equally as why are we alive. Hence it is a metaphysical question since the energy all life came forth from existed before the universe did. Science cannot therefore answer it.

I agree with a few of those words, but not in the order you wrote them
view is not well thought out
not common sense
science can answer it
question is not metaphysical

Your unfounded assertions are becoming way too common though.
met·a·phys·ics

/ˌmetəˈfiziks/
noun
noun: metaphysics
the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space.
sci·ence
/ˈsīəns/
noun
noun: science
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I've asserted nothing that is not asserted in these two definitions. Also, first grade mathematics teaches us something does not come out of nothing. 0+0=0. That's common sense.
09-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Ah, yes. If there is no god's then no point in it all. That argument isn't even mildly amusing. Don't think it ever was.

09-09-2013, 04:20 PM
(09-09-2013 02:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ah, yes. If there is no god's then no point in it all. That argument isn't even mildly amusing. Don't think it ever was.
Actually, the word amusing is hardly adequate for pondering the purpose of our existence. It is amusing however to suggest that all that is experienced in our existence, doesn't matter and has no purpose. Why then say anything at all, since it doesn't matter?
09-09-2013, 04:23 PM
(09-09-2013 04:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 02:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ah, yes. If there is no god's then no point in it all. That argument isn't even mildly amusing. Don't think it ever was.
Actually, the word amusing is hardly adequate for pondering the purpose of our existence. It is amusing however to suggest that all that is experienced in our existence, doesn't matter and has no purpose. Why then say anything at all, since it doesn't matter?

My existence has the purpose I choose to give it. I'm an adult and don't need to be told what my purpose is.

I suggest you grow up and find a purpose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post