How will you explain to your children...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: How will you explain to your children...
How about you atheists folks who had religious upbringings.

Did your parents tell you they had children because God commanded it?

In answer to your question? Or as part of religious instruction?

At what age? Did it even come up?

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 04:37 PM by childeye.)
(09-09-2013 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 04:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually, the word amusing is hardly adequate for pondering the purpose of our existence. It is amusing however to suggest that all that is experienced in our existence, doesn't matter and has no purpose. Why then say anything at all, since it doesn't matter?

My existence has the purpose I choose to give it. I'm an adult and don't need to be told what my purpose is.

I suggest you grow up and find a purpose.
Take it easy Chas. You can think you decide what you're purpose is all you want. It doesn't mean you can dictate the future of humanity. The fact that we all ponder the question is the point you are only corroborating with your own statement. If we are to be grown up, we should not be hypocritical in our reasoning.
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
(09-09-2013 04:29 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  How about you atheists folks who had religious upbringings.

Did your parents tell you they had children because God commanded it? No, that answers the rest of the questions.

In answer to your question? Or as part of religious instruction?

At what age? Did it even come up?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Re: How will you explain to your children...
You tell them they were an accident like many other people.

Or be like my father who grew up in a farm community and would say he had kids so they can do household chores for him.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-09-2013, 02:29 PM
(09-09-2013 12:59 PM)absols Wrote:  u cant do this

what is god or what is religion is smthg very subjective that doesnt matter at all to any individual being

u cant get to my clear opinion and words to force urs upon

keep ur dirty will about god to urself and assume it alone by making a clear post for

u have no business with others words about such a subject that are responsable of absolute negative force on all rights, others words are only pointing their writer presence, never u nor ur god ways by using any else right to make itself more present instead of the true present

fuck u and ur god

as if it is not clear that i absolutely hate that absolute most evil shit one that exist

how dare u force to deform my free opinion right, which is very deep so true

and call urself piece of shit evil moral power of love, making benefit to all

what benefit are u making even to urself piece of shit

Try this experiment. Take ten seconds now and mediate on your own death, those you will leave behind, and what you'd want people to put on your tombstone.

If you are a normal person (atheist, Christian, no matter) you should have a heightened sense of your own mortality and also a positive resolve to blaze a trail in this world.

Therefore, death has meaning. Yet atheists have told me that an omnipotent god should have not allowed death in the universe at all. Hmmm....
10-09-2013, 03:03 PM
10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
u r proving the evil u r here alone piece of shit

as if watching somebody death is ur way of getting to live

or as if killing someone value is getting a valuable life

which exhibit ur premise being a fancy piece of shit

death is nothing when true existence is the living objective always

so piece of shit it is u the one to b shown dying live while shouting nonsense in all senses when the only present is a living

u r the nothing by force piece of shit u wont witness anything but that piece of shit

when i say truth and nothing both objective it clearly mean ur end piece of shit liars

as if such shit that believe being in opposite dimension of truth as possible, could end more existing then a true living

or that u can ever isolate a freedom so nothing really from truth

monster keep enjoying thinking the death of everyone around in most criminal ways, u r not getting to see but that till it would happen through u too, the way to force u accepting else existence of the same free positive will then urs

and no shitty there is no god, only truth existence and obvious all kind of shit ones livings of others shit and shit that initially are the shit unamed that u worship since it is ur base so home u think
it is gonna fuck u more then u ever can get, so enjoy
10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
(10-09-2013 02:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Try this experiment. Take ten seconds now and mediate on your own death, those you will leave behind, and what you'd want people to put on your tombstone.

1 Can you hear me now?
2 Khaaaaaaaaaann!!!
3 There once was man from Nantucket...
4 "Are you sure it's safe to plug that thing in?"
5 I'd like to buy a vowel.
6 I'd rather be breathing.
7 This couldn't have waited until I got my Rune-Keeper to level 95?
8 Knock, knock.
9 Dig me up! I'm not dead yet!
10 The first three letters of funeral, are FUN!

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM
(10-09-2013 02:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Try this experiment. Take ten seconds now and mediate on your own death, those you will leave behind, and what you'd want people to put on your tombstone.

If you are a normal person (atheist, Christian, no matter) you should have a heightened sense of your own mortality and also a positive resolve to blaze a trail in this world.

Therefore, death has meaning. Yet atheists have told me that an omnipotent god should have not allowed death in the universe at all. Hmmm....

Oh look, Deepak Chopra has visited the forums! Oh wait... Blink

Death has meaning because we give it meaning, 'meaning' is not an intrinsic property of death. We can also find meaning in our lives, and we define what is meaningful and what is not. For myself, owning and operating a motorcycle carries a lot of meaning for me, but that's not an opinion everyone else shares. How funny it is then that you posit a god who could have made us immortal, giving us infinite lives to do meaningful things in, but instead created us. With infinite lives we could literally explore the vastness of the cosmos that you believe your god created. Once again PJ, your lack of imagination is staggering. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-09-2013, 02:05 AM
it is the evil who fancy on forcing a concept of positive means to nothing or less

dying is a right as nothing is but only bc positive superiority is what exist

while dying is not being killed morons

which is obvious evil ways of reversing facts existing knowledge for absolute abuse

objectively, what is killed is shown only from what its killer is positive and acting believeing being superior relatively
so nothing about the thing step on whatever it is of true value alone

and when lies are clearly objective, then expect the worse forever on u morons