How will you remember the world cup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 08:59 PM
How will you remember the world cup?
It isnt even over, but if I can talk about this tomorrow debends on wether we win the game or not.

My favorite memory will be Costa Rica. Without a shred of any doubt. I remember when the groups were announced and how people mocked Costa Rica being in group D together with former world cup champions Italy (4 world cup wins) Uruguay (2) and England (1). Nobody ever expected Costa Rica, who were in the world cup for their 4th time, to ever come out of that group in any possible way. And I especialy remember that meme:

[Image: a5dXg7O_460sa.gif]

And bloody hell! They thrashed Uruguay 3-1, killed Italy 0-1 and humiliated England with a 0-0 draw ending up with not only progressing out of their group into the 16, but being the group D best and beating Greece. Only to be then kicked out by a great Dutch team, which was arguable one of the best in this world cup. I felt reminded of 1998, when Croatia participated in a world cup for the first time and made it to 3rd place.

Everyone loves the underdog and Sloth Kong rules!!!!

[Image: ILLUSTRATION_WORLD_CUP_HL_03-1-804x800.jpg]

Being a Costa Rican must have been awsome this year, to go where no Costa Rican has gone before, the quarter finals. I do feel somewhat sorry for England though, their manager brought extra young recruits on purpose, not to win the world cup, but to train them through some matches for the future. They probably never expected Costa Rica to be a nail in their coffine.

The Beating of Spain was of enormous satisfaction to watch! As well as the beating of Portugal and their redicilous pritty boy Ronaldo.

It was nice again to see another African team advance out of the group stages with Algeria, and it was nice to see them be so good. I would love to see an African team to advance as far as the final 4 one day though. It almoust happend in 2010 with Ghana and was prevented by a foul by Suares that cunt, but maybe next time in Russia.

I will also remember the suprisingly good Americans and Mexicans. Seems as if this world cup generaly gave favors to alot of underdogs. I now despise Suarez even more than I did after 2010, that guy is just a cunt.

I feel more sad over the Brazil defeat than happy over my countries victory. That was simply raping that they should have reserved for the Argentinians or the Dutch.

On the subject, I also feel sad for the Dutch, no team has ever been so close to the world cup before so often and still hasnt won it a single time. I would really wish that they would make it in 2018, even though their team will have changed alot by then and they would need a replacement for Robben, who gave a great performance (pun intended) at this world cup.

[Image: the_real_isis_flag_200.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 11:19 PM
RE: How will you remember the world cup?
What's a world cup? Sounds dirty.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
13-07-2014, 02:26 AM
I think this was the first time I was happy to see the Argentinians win a match. I always remembered them as dirty fouling players, possibly because of all the biased coverage in the UK when they play England. But when I switched on the match between them and the Netherlands as they started extra time and watched just how many fouls the Dutch made, I was quite happy to see Argentina win on penalty shoot-outs. Especially as it means that they will be more tired for the final against Germany who had their best players substituted early in the previous game.

This though will always be the first world cup for me where I both supported Germany whilst actually living in Germany. If they win it will be amazing. I'm thinking of going to one of the public viewings today which will be a first for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-07-2014, 03:53 AM
This world cup hasn't been as good as the last. New Zealand actually made it to the last world cup and we managed to go undefeated (mind you we didn't win a game either, we drew every game including against Italy).

BUT this one has been interesting too. It makes my predictions about the winner 2 for 2 when Germany beat Argentina. That Brazil lose to Germany which I think has to have some sort of foul play because 7-1 is just fucking ridiculous and Fifa aren't beyond corruption... *cough*Qatar*cough*. Spain sucking dick, England sucking (as always), Italy sucking dick (again) and several shitty countries doing well.

Ultimately though I'll just remember it as that lesser world cup that's just a thing while every waits for the real world cup next year.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
13-07-2014, 04:06 AM
[Image: wpid-weeping-brazilian-2-jpg.jpeg]

[Image: bra8.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: FIFA_World_Cup_Brazil_fans_2-450x350.jpg]

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
13-07-2014, 05:24 AM
Honestly? I wont.

Not a sport person.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
13-07-2014, 05:29 AM
[Image: XrSkyav.png?1]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
13-07-2014, 05:47 AM
But... but... I Heart Argentina Sadcryface

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
13-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Re: How will you remember the world cup?
An audibly boring event with a severe lack of vuvuzelas

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson