How would Fox News report on the American Revolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM

How would Fox News report on the American Revolution?
I have been pondering this question for awhile, and with watching the events in Egypt I have noticed that the different media outlets are all putting their own "spin" on things. So, I wonder if there had been 24 hour news in the late 1700's, how would have Fox News (and other modern media spin machines) reported on the American Revolution?

Would they hold true to their company narrative and stand for the traditional values and side with the King?

Would they be the voice that stands for the foundations on which the colonies where founded on (Puritan Ideologies)?

Would they see the future fathers of America as "progressives" that wanted to radically change everyone's way of life?

Would they stand up to the "elites" like Washington and Adams and say that they have lost touch with the common man?

Would they question the religious ideologues of the various men involved.

I just wondering what others thought of my question.
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
RE: How would Fox News report on the American Revolution?
(11-02-2011 02:16 PM)Dione Wrote:  Would they question the religious ideologues of the various men involved.
This one is a definite yes.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 01:03 AM by gaglamesh731.)
Spin is inevitable - you can't be 100% non-biased no matter what people say.
The only difference is most are bias by mistake or because they had already taken a stance on the issue.
Fox is biased willfully and like willful ignorance , it's not tolerable.

Do you know about the memos :
http://mediamatters.org/research/200407140002

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
12-02-2011, 02:19 AM
What's the fascination with Fox? They have news shows and opinion shows. They are biased. MSNBC is biased. CNN is biased. All news to some extent is biased. A large portion of reporters are liberal. Are we to assume that they magically have no bias in their reporting while only conservative leaning reporters do it all the time.

As for the revolution here, it would downplayed or ridiculed.

When I protested the Iraq war I was called a lefty peacenik and unpatriotic.

When I protested with the Tea Party I was called racist hate monger and unpatriotic.

Each side needs to label the other because if we ever figured out that we're getting screwed from both ends anyway there actually would be a revolution in this country.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
12-02-2011, 03:15 AM
(12-02-2011 02:19 AM)aesirus Wrote:  When I protested the Iraq war I was called a lefty peacenik and unpatriotic.
When I protested with the Tea Party I was called racist hate monger and unpatriotic.

Dude - that's messed up. Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
12-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Not only is it a yes, if television had existed back then the forefathers would've had almost no followers. The media networks funded by the king would make sure to emphasize the godless corrupt individuals who were trying to upset the order of the world. Revolutions were more possible back then, because all of the bad news wasn't so easily made. Nowadays if anyone has a strong statement in a developed country every one thinks they're crazy before anything even starts.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-02-2011, 04:06 PM

I kinda doubt that Blenn Geck or any of thier other "xperts" will willingly invite Lewis Black on eh. Let alone, the daily comedy Faux & Friends.
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2011, 10:44 PM
(12-02-2011 02:19 AM)aesirus Wrote:  What's the fascination with Fox? They have news shows and opinion shows. They are biased. MSNBC is biased. CNN is biased. All news to some extent is biased. A large portion of reporters are liberal. Are we to assume that they magically have no bias in their reporting while only conservative leaning reporters do it all the time.

As for the revolution here, it would downplayed or ridiculed.

When I protested the Iraq war I was called a lefty peacenik and unpatriotic.

Each side needs to label the other because if we ever figured out that we're getting screwed from both ends anyway there actually would be a revolution in this country.
The fascination with fox is the higher level of bias compounded by constant on air reminder of how UN-biased they are, as well as the fact that a few months back, the four most viable republican candidates for president were on the fox payroll (this may have changed, I haven't looked it up since december). There is no other news or "news" organization out there at this time that is as completely irresponsible as Mr. Murdoch's network of character assassins. Nobody could honestly say there is no liberal bias in the news outlets, but it is a jokingly small amount compared to this one leviathan organization. I still laugh out loud when I hear the term "liberal bias", just because the scales are tipped so badly one way.

Labels are peoples way of cataloging and categorizing the world they see. They are a reality, and not even an intrinsically bad one. It's the connotation that labels are given that make them bad.

I don't think we will see a revolution in this country, even if people really thought about how bad we're being screwed by those in power. It would distract the common people from what they really find important: Glee, Jersey Shore, American Idol...

"Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV..."

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
17-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry, but the "Liberal Bias" is to be informational... Conservatives create their own reality, Liberals aim to change it. If you distort the problem, then you distort the solution.