• 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 10:00 AM
RE: How would heaven work
(31-07-2015 07:32 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Heaven:

The gates of Heaven made out of bacon.
Streets of purest bacon.
Mansion built of bacon.
The grand feast of bacon.
Cherubs just another word for flying bacon, playing bacon harps.
The hand of God made out of bacon.
Friends will be there... guess what... they made of bacon too...

There better be cheese too - or I'm going straight to hell....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2015, 01:20 PM
"Two men who were friends in life meet at the boarder of heaven and hell.

Jim: Hey Bill, Hows hell?

Bill: Oh it's awful For example at dinner time there's only 6 chairs. So people are always fighting over who get to sit in them. Then we have these spoons with super long handles. So there pretty much useless so we never get to eat. How's heaven?

Jim: Oh, well in heaven it's the same thing. But we take turns sharing the 6 chairs, and with the long spoons we feed each other."

This is the response I got when I asked one of my CCD teachers when I was growing up. I never got straight answers from anyone I asked my hard hitting questions on. And being a child I was left to fill in the gaps. When you really think about it and not just glance over the details the concept falls apart.

Depending on which brach of the tree we call religion also changes what it is discribed as. Mormonism it's a planet. A planet you get to control. In Jahova Witness's Earth is heaven. And when the final judgement comes those that are memebrs of the Jahova witness will get to run it. People even refrence Danties Inferno for insperation to the levels of heaven.

But let's got the sorce.

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I I go to prepare a place for you?

[Image: 27441995d1401415175-mech-ideas-demolitio...-image.jpg]

Jesus talk's about heaven as a residence. A regular Down Town Abby.

Revelation 4:8-11
8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,’ who was, and is, and is to come.”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

[Image: 34-4.jpg]

Continuous 24-7 appraisal to god. With weird looking animal things and old men.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
31-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Here's how Heaven works.

Its dangled in front of the worshiper as a combination of carrot and authority. Terms for how one might receive the carrot are dictated (purportedly relayed) by the priest, minister, imam, whatever. Same with the commands of the authority. Believing in the carrot and authority of Heaven, the believer then lives and acts according to what the priest (minister, imam, etc) "relays", including persuading others of the carrot and authority and that they too should obey that figure.

Unfortunately, it works all too well.

.... oh, wait, you mean all that internal consistency stuff of how this fantasy would hypothetically play out? Why would we care about that? That's completely missing the point!
31-07-2015, 02:40 PM
(31-07-2015 04:36 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  Just wondering because i think at no place in the bible does it detail how heaven works.
For example: Your family
Do you see them as they died (everyone is old) which would not be much fun for eternity. Do you see them young? I would not want to stay long with teenage versions of my parents as kinda strange. Dodgy
Mental health? Do they keep mental health problems that helped make them them?
ect
Any answers? Thumbsup
They will look between the age of 25-35.
They won't have mental health problems
(31-07-2015 04:36 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  For example if some one was mentally disabled them suddenly being able to think/interact properly would remove part of who they were.
It wouldn't remove anything. It would only add more to who they are.
If you can not sing and suddenly you have this talent you are still who you are only with more abilities and opportunities.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
31-07-2015, 03:03 PM
(31-07-2015 02:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 04:36 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  Just wondering because i think at no place in the bible does it detail how heaven works.
Do you see them as they died (everyone is old) which would not be much fun for eternity. Do you see them young? I would not want to stay long with teenage versions of my parents as kinda strange. Dodgy
ect
Any answers? Thumbsup
(31-07-2015 04:36 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  For example if some one was mentally disabled them suddenly being able to think/interact properly would remove part of who they were.
If you can not sing and suddenly you have this talent you are still who you are only with more abilities and opportunities.

Your evidence or source of your reason for this stance is? It would be kind to elaborate on that.

I think you're largely mistaken about "adding." Value isn't only in addition and subtracting, it would also completely alter who you were as a person and who you know yourself as. A person with a struggling disability say low the disability of low IQ, schizophrenic, or sociopath without the disability to a "more abilitied" state would have the shift of understanding themselves differently. To the point of functionally not feeling as themselves the same way people who receive or recover from brain damage often transition into.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2015, 03:10 PM
So who cleans the toilets and emptys the trash????

Huh, huh????

Checkmate theists....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-07-2015, 03:20 PM
(31-07-2015 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So who cleans the toilets and emptys the trash????

Huh, huh????

Checkmate theists....

Jesus, of course, the same one that mows the lawn.

[Image: jesus-lawn-72jpg-41e4062738bf8f69.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
31-07-2015, 04:29 PM
(31-07-2015 03:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Your evidence or source of your reason for this stance is? It would be kind to elaborate on that.
Didn't you notice that I share what I believe? You are not required to believe what I believe.
God reveals something to His Prophets. They teach Church, Spirit testifies that their teaching is true and that is why I believe their teaching and testimonies.
(31-07-2015 03:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I think you're largely mistaken about "adding." Value isn't only in addition and subtracting, it would also completely alter who you were as a person and who you know yourself as. A person with a struggling disability say low the disability of low IQ, schizophrenic, or sociopath without the disability to a "more abilitied" state would have the shift of understanding themselves differently. To the point of functionally not feeling as themselves the same way people who receive or recover from brain damage often transition into.
What I was trying to say is this: they will discover something new(additional) about themselves. Something true and beautiful. Something they didn't know.
Even people who do not have any disabilities will discover something new, true and beautiful about themselves.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
31-07-2015, 04:44 PM
(31-07-2015 04:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 03:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Your evidence or source of your reason for this stance is? It would be kind to elaborate on that.
Didn't you notice that I share what I believe? You are not required to believe what I believe.
God reveals something to His Prophets. They teach Church, Spirit testifies that their teaching is true and that is why I believe their teaching and testimonies.
(31-07-2015 03:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I think you're largely mistaken about "adding." Value isn't only in addition and subtracting, it would also completely alter who you were as a person and who you know yourself as. A person with a struggling disability say low the disability of low IQ, schizophrenic, or sociopath without the disability to a "more abilitied" state would have the shift of understanding themselves differently. To the point of functionally not feeling as themselves the same way people who receive or recover from brain damage often transition into.
What I was trying to say is this: they will discover something new(additional) about themselves. Something true and beautiful. Something they didn't know.
Even people who do not have any disabilities will discover something new, true and beautiful about themselves.

Since you spend time half stating you take it on faith but also then defending or talking about bible quotes to you, no it's not clear. Because you do both so where your proclamation comes from is not demonstrated via "you believe it."

Specifics would actually demonstrate your knowledge to others and yourself. WHY you believe it is still the question. Who's testimonies gave you that? what were the details? what was specifics. I'm asking why you believe it to a great detail. Break it down to every detail you possibly can. Why even care about breaking the bible down to what it says about God if it's limited and spirits testifying is giving you knowledge from outside of it?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2015, 04:58 PM
(31-07-2015 02:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ect
Any answers? Thumbsup

And if my granny ends up in hell because she thought all this religion shit was total nonsense, god simply erases her from my memory so I can be happy in heaven? This is how your dipsy-doodle religion works?

If I'm not sad in heaven about loved ones being in hell, what the fuck does it matter if family members and friends believe any of this stupid shit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post