How would the Bloody baron from Harry potter really have dressed like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2016, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 03:34 PM by Erikjust.)
How would the Bloody baron from Harry potter really have dressed like?
(don´t know if this is the right place)

I recently saw The Doms lost in adaptation on the Harry Potter movies.
And while he made a big deal out how the bloody baron was made comedic, when in the books he´s something both people and ghosts are terrified of, i noticed something else.
In the movies he´s dressed like an 17th to 18th century nobleman, where in the books it says he died in the late 10th to early 11th century.

So if the movies had waited till all the books had been released.

How would the bloody baron have looked like, if we go by the fact that he was an english nobleman from the 10th to 11th century?

I tried looking for articles on google, but my google fu mustn´t be that strong because i couldn´t find much information on what the nobles of the 11th century might have worn vs that of the peasants and what colors they might have used on their clothing.

And just as and added question The Gray lady was also from that era and since her mother was one of the founders of Hogwarts i can only presume she was also of noble birth so what did the women of noble birth of that era wear?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: How would the Bloody baron from Harry potter really have dressed like?
I'm not sure how much fashion would have changed throughout the middle ages, but I would try googling things like "Anglo-saxon medieval 10th century art" or variations thereof, maybe throw in "nobility", or even "baron" etc. I got a few reasonable hits:
[Image: 273baa0c3bee63fc4a1ecf942f92b893.jpg]
[Image: 8fbd85d3ff4e1ba5cbf674aedd2d7b0c.jpg]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
13-09-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: How would the Bloody baron from Harry potter really have dressed like?
If he was a baron he would have been a Norman, Anglo-Saxons had thegns, earls, ealdormen and lords, not sure of the order of the ranks.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.