How would you as an atheist describe this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: How would you as an atheist describe this?
(14-03-2017 08:14 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  For instance, we see patterns in clouds. [Image: %20reuse%20fee%20apples%20-%20Clouds%20t...0C%20Tough]
A seahorse, perhaps?

I see a dragon. I always see dragons in clouds, as I am a lifelong dracophile. I do see the resemblance to a seahorse as well.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
15-03-2017, 12:09 PM
(14-03-2017 10:00 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 08:14 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  For instance, we see patterns in clouds. [Image: %20reuse%20fee%20apples%20-%20Clouds%20t...0C%20Tough]
A seahorse, perhaps?

I see a dragon. I always see dragons in clouds, as I am a lifelong dracophile. I do see the resemblance to a seahorse as well.

Dragons are cool. Totally get ya Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2017, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 12:33 PM by kim.)
(14-03-2017 09:49 PM)hayleymayonline Wrote:  ---
So maybe these weird experiences are similar in that we just haven't learned the scientific reasons yet.

Sound reasoning, I suppose.
But why live with someone else's notions of reality when actual reality is right in front of you?

As for how to keep a level head, you may want to put reason into practice.
Simply put: stay away from goofy shit and you won't jump to irrational conclusions about goofy shit.

Hang out here, ask questions, learn stuff and you'll soon be able to recognize goofy shit from a mile away. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-03-2017, 03:40 PM
(14-03-2017 09:49 PM)hayleymayonline Wrote:  Hello everyone, I appreciate all the responses! Right now it's almost 4am and I can't sleep so I just took a sleeping pill and I will make a short general reply.

A lot of you have commented about my telepathy experience and what the reason could've been. Well when these two telepathic experiences happened it was in the first week of getting to know each other, and we were about 250 miles apart, communicating only via the internet. At the times it happened we were not in communication and in fact the first time it was only after we had exchanged a couple of emails that we had this shared experience and it totally blew our minds because we'd never experienced anything like it before. It wasn't like a normal thought that you think, it was like a literal voice in our heads talking. It was so bizarre.

However, I think you are all right in saying that some things just can't be explained yet and I liked that you all shared your strange experiences too but that you don't think they innately mean anything mystical. I think for me I've always jumped to the mystical conclusion without really examining things clearly (even if I thought I was being rational at the time, lol)

I was just happening to watch a film yesterday called Agora, about the Christians and Romans in roughly the third century AD. The topic of round vs flat earth was brought up and the philosophers were saying "obviously the earth is flat because if it were round how do the people on the bottom not fall off, and how do the people on the sides on slip down?" Of course that's perfectly valid reasoning so to them the idea sounded impossible or mystical. But turns out we know now there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for it (gravity)... So maybe these weird experiences are similar in that we just haven't learned the scientific reasons yet.

I once had a friend who was very convinced of the mystical. She was on the lesser scale of autism (digression...but she blamed her autism on vaccinations and that always annoyed me.) She said that because she was autistic she was sensitive and could experience God and all of His wonders better than that of "normal" people.

Anywho, one of the things she claimed to do is to see colors that weren't there. At the time of her telling me this I was a full-blown atheist, fairly young, and didn't abide to anything supernatural. She said she would see the colors while listening to music or looking at letters and numbers. I thought it was SUPER weird how convinced she was that it was a special ability and thought she was kinda crazy. And when I asked her why she thought so she told me that "science can't explain it so it has to be God."

Fast forward a year later and we weren't talking and I accidentally stumbled across the condition, it is called Grapheme- Color Synesthesia.

But yeah, sometimes the answer to problems are out there but they're really complex and won't be easy to find. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
15-03-2017, 07:56 PM
It sounds like either halucinagenic drugs or halucinations due to your mental health.
18-03-2017, 12:39 PM
No drugs. Only tried marijuana once when I was 18. Definitely putting it down to health disorders (mental and neurological)