How would you deal with Sye Ten Bruggencate's arguments?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: How would you deal with Sye Ten Bruggencate's arguments?
(31-05-2014 09:06 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You're still using logic. Disproving God with logic is self contradictory.

From the website:

http://proofthatgodexists.org/no-logic.php

Quote:One interesting aspect of denying logic, is that since you DO NOT believe in logic, you actually DO believe in logic.

http://proofthatgodexists.org/think-logic.php

Quote:If you used logic to conclude that logic does not exist you have refuted yourself and made the wrong choice- please try again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:29 AM
"Sye, words only make sense in an atheistic world view. All of the words you're using arguing for the existence of god constantly prove that the atheistic world view is the only viable means of logically proving anything. The use of words are strictly a natural process that only occurs between beings that exist. Beings that don't exist, can't use words. You believe that once someone is dead, that they will interact with god. Dead people can't use words. And since you believe that dead people are interacting with your god, you must also believe that your god is at the very least, also dead. The dead and the non-existent have many things in common, one of which is that they can't use logic. Logic is the fundamental truth of reality and as such it makes the atheistic world view logically sound and thus truthful because it is expressed in words. As we have already shown, words & truth only make sense in a world where gods cannot & do not exist."

^The above word salad is for Sye and was not produced to make actual sense.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
31-05-2014, 12:06 PM
(31-05-2014 07:05 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  He [Sye] has pwned everyone in every debate I've seen of him. The problem here is that you can't use logic against him.

The problem is you can't use logic with any religious people, not just Sye, because if you could, there would be no religious people.

(31-05-2014 07:05 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Logic requires God.

How do you possibly make the leap from "humans use logic" to "therefore God?" Even if I grant you Sye's entire argument, how do you possibly come to the conclusion that it's your god - the god of Christianity - and not the god of some other religion?

Replace the word "God" with Zeus, Thor, Ra, Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and the argument would still be just as valid.
[+] 3 users Like Javea1's post
31-05-2014, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 05:12 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(31-05-2014 05:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I certainly don't think I have any intellegence whatsoever.

Then you have no way to evaluate the argument or the counter arguments. The fact that an idiot is taken in by it and every other non-idiot here can see right through his garbage shows me the strength of the argument. Zero.

If you find it compelling it just reinforces the above quote. If you're too stupid to find the fallacies at least be smart enough not to argue with those that can.

The Black Knight doesn't arm wrestling for a fucking reason.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
31-05-2014, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 02:53 PM by rampant.a.i..)
How would you deal with Sye Ten Bruggencate's arguments?
(31-05-2014 06:04 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 05:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Citation : Your comment about a deity being "subject" to something.
It was one of the most brilliant insights anyone here has ever come up with.

Unfortunately , Sye proves that we can't have logic without God. So, my premise was fallacious.

He proves he can use a parlor trick to fool you into a false dilemma he forces an answer to. Christianity has only been around for 2000 years. The Greeks had no problem refining logic before Jesus was born, without ever having heard of the Christian god.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 5 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
31-05-2014, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 11:03 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(31-05-2014 05:03 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Ok, I just watched his debate with Seth and DPRJones, and he has successfully trapped me. There is no way out of his arguments. Arguing against his arguments is self contradictory. The one question that absolutely defeats atheism is "Do you believe in absolute truth?". If you answer no or don't know, you've contradicted yourself. If you answer yes, your position requires God. If you don't care, he sends you to Disney's website.

You didn't read anything I wrote back on page 1, did you?

He can play word games all he wants, and frankly I'd rather go to Disney's website, but hes "logic" falls apart right here - I will quote you (but it's what Sye says too):

(31-05-2014 05:03 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you answer yes, your position requires God.

Wrong. WRONG. WRONG!!!

This is a huge (and ridiculous) assumption. Sye never proves it. You don't prove it. Neither of you even try it. You both just throw it out there like you're telling me that water is wet.

Let me be absolutely clear: THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT TRUTH, KNOWLEDGE, OR LOGIC COMES FROM GOD.

And any logical "trap" that relies on this huge, ridiculous assumption is flawed from the outset.

Don't believe me?

Here, try this:

Do you believe in absolute truth?
(If you say no or that you don't know, I'll play word games until you say say "yes").
OK, so you said "yes". And as we all know, truth comes from Yoda. Therefore, Yoda exists.

(Or, as Master Yoda himself would say, "Know, we all do, truth from Yoda comes. Therefore, exists Yoda does, hmmmm?")

Do you accept my logical "trap" that "proves" the existence of Yoda? Are you now a Yoda-believer? My "proof" is flawless. You MUST believe in Yoda because of my flawless proof.

What, you're not convinced?

They why the hell are you convinced by Sye's equally flawed "proof"?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Firstly: NEGS.

With that said: I heard Sye Ten on an episode of "Dogma Debate", and I tend to deal with his arguments in a very specific way. Mostly, I clench my teeth and try desperately not to put an 870 in my mouth.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user