How would you fix the world?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: How would you fix the world?
(08-03-2017 06:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Alright so name one problem in the world, and then list a way to fix that problem. It can be any problem at all. Like western toilers compared to Asian toilets. It is scientifically proven that squatting is the much more effective way humans relieve their bowels.

How I would fix this problem?

Make all western toilets illegal overnight, while simultaneously watching the western world burn overnight.

The problem I perceive as the most, the number one problem, that keeps humanity from becomming fully conscious is: the capitalistic economical system and their lies that write our history books for centuries. It keeps all sorts or totalitarian systems in place, and is nowerdays pretending to do just the opposite. By the likes of Sam Harris and his nationalistic drivel about "igood intentions".

What would be a solution? Well, that's not a one-liner, dropped by me in a wimp. That's for sure. It takes a lot of thinking and education, a lot of honest dialog, to come up with a new way of thinking about economics as such.

Anybody interested in having a conversation about what is and isn't a healthy, benefical and valid (global) econonmical system? I'm interested.

Just lemmy know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Billanja's post
08-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Catch all from the extreme right, the nationalists and the turbo capitalists, the investment bankers, the religious fanatics, of course. Put them in a space fleet that's able to reach Alpha Centauri and export earth's problems.
08-03-2017, 05:33 PM
(08-03-2017 05:11 PM)abaris Wrote:  Catch all from the extreme right, the nationalists and the turbo capitalists, the investment bankers, the religious fanatics, of course. Put them in a space fleet that's able to reach Alpha Centauri and export earth's problems.

Sounds like a plan.
08-03-2017, 06:12 PM
(08-03-2017 05:11 PM)abaris Wrote:  Catch all from the extreme right, the nationalists and the turbo capitalists, the investment bankers, the religious fanatics, of course. Put them in a space fleet that's able to reach Alpha Centauri and export earth's problems.

That would be the "B" ark. Don't forget the telephone sanitizers.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-03-2017, 06:25 PM
(08-03-2017 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

That would be the "B" ark. Don't forget the telephone sanitizers.

I mean, there's NASA and such. Why and what for are they doing what they do anyway? Why even go for the stars? Why not just fix the problems on planet earth first and then let's see what's gonna happen next if that is done.

But no, to look the other way seems to be more interesting and satisfying to some such folks who deal in investing huge amounts of resources into such things like space-travel. I wonder how comes that this is more important to some.

Nah. I don't wonder.
08-03-2017, 07:42 PM
(08-03-2017 06:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Alright so name one problem in the world, and then list a way to fix that problem.

Hard to pick just one.
The problems of the world are the consequences of generations of humans living according to their nature.
Fixing them will either entail a lot of killing or restricting people's choices to the point of enslavement. Probably both.
Survival is rarely a pretty process.

Even if it was doable, the question is what we would be in this fixed world. 'Cause it would look nothing like what we are now.
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
08-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Problem: Stoopidity
Solution: Remove all the warning labels

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
08-03-2017, 08:23 PM
(08-03-2017 06:25 PM)Billanja Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  That would be the "B" ark. Don't forget the telephone sanitizers.

I mean, there's NASA and such. Why and what for are they doing what they do anyway? Why even go for the stars? Why not just fix the problems on planet earth first and then let's see what's gonna happen next if that is done.

Sure. How long do you figure that will take? Five years? Ten?

Quote:But no, to look the other way seems to be more interesting and satisfying to some such folks who deal in investing huge amounts of resources into such things like space-travel. I wonder how comes that this is more important to some.

The universe is probably littered with the single-planet graves of species that made the sensible choice that there was no good reason to venture into space, each one discovered, studied and treasured by the archeologists of the few species that were batshit insane.

With apologies to Randall Munroe.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-03-2017, 03:13 PM
If you are familiar with the Gaia theory you know that the world will recover nicely if a major extinction occurs. Therefore I suggest continuing just as we are except for the suggestion that we should cut down all trees on the planet, burn all grasslands and pollute the seas, oh, and kill off all animals then pave all dry land. That should do it for another major extinction event.

That would allow the earth to regenerate itself and make ready for another mass extinction event.

Hay, if we don't control our population it will happen whether we want it to or not. We are headed that way if we keep on the way we are. Humans are the only animal on earth that can (and will) over populate the earth if we don't employ drastic measures to curb population.

Trying to colonize other planets is not something we are willing or able to do at this time. Not to mention the probability that it will be to expensive for any nation or group of nations to attempt. Oh, and who goes?

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
09-03-2017, 04:20 PM
(09-03-2017 03:13 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  Trying to colonize other planets is not something we are willing or able to do at this time.

We would just trash those other planets anyway, the same way we're trashing this one. If someone keeps maxing out his/her credit card, the solution isn't to give him/her more credit cards.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post