How would you react{need natural reaction in fictional story}?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 05:09 PM
How would you react{need natural reaction in fictional story}?
I am getting some writing done and I've hit a barrier in one of my projects. I have gotten o a point to were I have no clue how the character is supposed to react. I have an idea from doing this though. I have been giving a scenario that is close enough that it gets the point across. so what I want to do is give the scenario here and see how people would react and how they feel.

here is the scenario. you have just been told by someone you like{that you haven't known long enough to be qa friend...} "I have this friend. we are not friends because we like each other. It's more complicated then that. we actually hate but respect each other. you see, me and he are friends of opportunity. mainly this means that he tells me the truth. I like that about him because everybody else in my life is disingenuous and brown noses me for my power and I hate... that. If I didn't have this person, I wouldn't be alive to day. we still really can't stand each other though. he can't feel love or friendship{literally the character can't} and only can feel blind loyalty to me and my family. the thing is though, that loyalty is the reason he has raised me from a child and now looks after me. to the point of laying down there own live if they had to...

P.s. I know it's a little confusing but the friend in this scenario is a magical pet who literally can't feel love or friendship. It just feels blind loyalty. can't wait to get what your response to ow someone would natural act to this being true.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: How would you react{need natural reaction in fictional story}?
I'm no author, but from what I've read the best authors write from their own experience. Dostoyevski with the firing squad comes to mind.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 05:22 PM
I would lean in close and whisper into her ear, "no thanks jeff lol"
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
14-07-2016, 05:24 PM
(14-07-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I would lean in close and whisper into her ear, "no thanks jeff lol"

I'm confused.. do you actually have that relationship...o.0 I am not talking about real people so....?????

14-07-2016, 05:47 PM
(14-07-2016 05:24 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I would lean in close and whisper into her ear, "no thanks jeff lol"

I'm confused.. do you actually have that relationship...o.0 I am not talking about real people so....?????

I think he's just teasing you Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm having trouble following the story--is it the magical pet who likes the person or the person who tells the magical pet they have feelings for them. Are these sexual feelings? Or just like I like you feelings.
14-07-2016, 05:59 PM
these are not sexual feelings at all.... In fact it's not that they like each there it's more like.. The human hasn't never had the ability to have a real friend... in fact she figures out{through a very dangerous the emperor has no clothes moment} that everybody she has ever knew just is only loyal to her money. the magical animal in the other hand is a different kind of loyal.. I t's looks at her and said... no the emperor really does have o clothes.... because of it's loyalty to her.. she respects this.. It's the only person in her life that has not just agreed with her because of her family ties... It refuses to prostrate itself at all before her and thus she likes this... It's also a tool being used against her though... so she hates it in that way...

P.s. this is from the humans perspective.

14-07-2016, 06:04 PM
So the question is how would one react if they were told by someone they trust that this person liked them as a friend?

I would feel happy that I had a friend like that and that someone had my back no matter what.
14-07-2016, 06:06 PM
(14-07-2016 06:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So the question is how would one react if they were told by someone they trust that this person liked them as a friend?

I would feel happy that I had a friend like that and that someone had my back no matter what.

kinda.. the question is.... how would you react if you were told that this was their only true option for a friend the person has ever had... and on top that remember you like them....

14-07-2016, 06:08 PM
(14-07-2016 06:06 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 06:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So the question is how would one react if they were told by someone they trust that this person liked them as a friend?

kinda.. the question is.... how would you react if you were told that this was their only true option for a friend the person has ever had... and on top that remember you like them....

I would still be happy because one true friend is better than a million fake ones.