How would you respond to this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: How would you respond to this?
(07-10-2013 02:45 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Why is everyone so intent on being polite all the damn time? I'd just tell her to get lost. As you can tell, I'm a lovely neighbour.
Because things work better when we get along. And the more ugly atheists make themselves look, the less theists will ever want to be like them. Politeness can really go a long way (at least with some... others are admittedly hopeless).

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Go to the church. Stand outside reading loudly from the bible... All the stuff they avoid mentioning IN the church.
07-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Depending on the activity it wouldn't be particularly odd to volunteer, at least for me personally. However, this neighbor of yours sounds like she's trying to get you to "convert" so it's probably not a good idea to encourage her. I agree with a few of the other posters who said to offer to volunteer with her for non-religious groups, or something like the Red Cross (I have an atheist friend who volunteered with them often).

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Tell her as soon as she comes with you to hand out planned parenthood pamphlets on how to safely get abortions, at an inner city high school, without once mentioning Jesus, or that abortions are bad, you'll go with her to church Dodgy

07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Tell her you're busy that day eating a baby. That's what us atheists do, right???? Evil_monster
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I certainly wouldn't go with her, just because it obviously won't stop there. She will try to nickel and dime you into eventually joining her church.

When you talk to her, always remain polite, even if she gets rude. Talk to her as much as you feel comfortable, and no more. Politely and firmly let her know that you are not interested. If she demands justifications, of that you "get over yourself", politely end the conversation.

I mean, you could try to flip the tables on her and show her why she wouldn't be willing to join you in atheistic charities, but honestly, it would likely be lost on her. Stay polite (because there's no reason not to), and don't let her bother you any more than you have to.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
08-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Depends upon how hot she is. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2013, 03:53 PM
go to church but collapse on the threshold and act like your on fire.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
08-10-2013, 06:45 PM
(08-10-2013 03:53 PM)sporehux Wrote:  go to church but collapse on the threshold and act like your on fire.

THIS is obviously the ONLY right solution.
08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
(08-10-2013 02:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Depends upon how hot she is. Tongue
Bowing THIS....If she's hot maybe you can put up with some bs for a little while Wink