How would you respond to this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 05:25 PM by seeker13.)
How would you respond to this?
I have a friend of my mom's who insists on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

"What you believe, is it good enough at THE POINT OF DYING????"

What would you say to that? I have rolled my eyes so hard at this crap so many times. I'm out of responses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: How would you respond to this?
I'd let Malcolm and Angus explain it to her.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2015, 05:22 PM
There's plenty you could say if you really feel like engaging this person. Blocking them would be much more peaceful for you.
08-12-2015, 05:23 PM
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I have a friend of my mom's who insist on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

What would you say to that? I have rolled my eyes so hard at this crap so many times. I'm out of responses.

"Yes"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-12-2015, 05:24 PM
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I have a friend of my mom's who insist on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

I'd tell her to keep the crazy to herself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Life before you were born isn't scary to you now is it, so how do they think life after they die will be any different?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
08-12-2015, 05:40 PM
I agree with pablo and would block her. Of course, if you wanted to have a little fun, I would post Matthew 7:1-2: “Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you."
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
08-12-2015, 05:42 PM
That person is toxic, no use having them in your life.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
09-12-2015, 05:39 AM
I have someone who keeps doing this to me and explaining to them what you believe is moot because they cannot hear you. -Every time this person posts something to my timeline, I delete the post and send them a PM explaining that I do not allow such posts because I have other friends who would be offended and are not interested in seeing such stuff. Removing myself from the equation and placing the blame on these nameless strangers seems to have done the trick. The posts have become less frequent.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
09-12-2015, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 06:05 AM by Free Thought.)
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I have a friend of my mom's who insists on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

Oh, essentially a hell-threat. Good, our kind don't get enough of those!

The blocking advice is good, but you asked what we would say, here's my take: "Is what good enough at the 'point of dying'? Oh, you mean to ask whether I think my not believing in a deity which would create a special place for the sole purpose of torturing people eternally for the 'crime' of not licking it's imagined boots 24/7 is good enough to provide comfort in my dying breaths? Well, I won't know that until I'm nearer to non-existence, but at this time, my belief in a universe not plagued by a cornucopia of evil, jealousy, and malice is working just fine."

If nothing else, there's never not a good time to post this up when it comes to hell threats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbrQI0r1...ilhellenes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post