How would you respond to this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 06:23 AM
RE: How would you respond to this?
Tell her you would prefer Hades.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-12-2015, 06:36 AM
How would you respond to this?
Tell her that you read the bible and are a believer again. However, you did notice how Satan only killed a handful of people and God killed millions. This has led you to the conclusion that Satan is a much more likable chap than God.

Therefore, you have aligned yourself with the only supernatural being that deserves worship and praise. All hail Satan!
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post
09-12-2015, 09:02 AM
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I have a friend of my mom's who insists on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

"What you believe, is it good enough at THE POINT OF DYING????"

What would you say to that? I have rolled my eyes so hard at this crap so many times. I'm out of responses.

You have some choices here:

unfriend, save yourself the aggravation
keep as a friend but unfollow so you don't see their post
ignore
confront

All of these things have benefits and consequences. It's up to you because only you will have to live with the results.

For me personally, I would never tolerate harassment religious or otherwise. I have cut people loose because of this and suffered no regret other than they forced me to make that choice.

You have one life, you can choose to make it a happy one or one full of drama and conflict. I choose to spend my time here as pleasantly as possible. Misery is a sorry friend.

Hope you find a good way for you.

Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
09-12-2015, 10:08 AM
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I have a friend of my mom's who insists on reminding me of hell constantly since she found out i'm no longer a believer. Today she posted this on my facebook.

What would you say to that? I have rolled my eyes so hard at this crap so many times. I'm out of responses.

First of all, being an atheist isn't a "belief" it's a lack of belief is gods. Until she can provide proof that a god exists and that people survive their own death all she has going on is wishful thinking.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-12-2015, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 03:21 PM by Commonsensei.)

Take all following advise. Peace before War. If your deside to respond it will get back to your mother.

But I'm one that enjoys a good debate. And I can be kind of a Jerk. So what I would have said was.

For starters my position isn't a belief. It's a lack there of. Is OFF a channel on TV? Is NOT collecting Stamps a hobby?

Although I do appreciate your attempt in scaring me back into your point of view. I fear that that will not be enough to convince me. As it would be like if I threatened you with eternal torment in Hades. Or how you would not be welcomed into the halls of Valhalla. I know it's your just trying to "save me" the only way you know how. If you TRULY, wish to change my view all you need to do is bring me evidence. And just to be clear evidence isn't a personal story, or a story you heard from a friend of a friend. It isn't from thrown together story's in a 2000 year old book. And it isn't from pointing at a tree. Evidence is a body of facts. Things that can be tested and be proven time and time again.

Maybe show me that an exsitance outside of this one is possible. We'll make it a field trip like going to the museum or a trip to Florida. Or maybe a tangible being that one may call god? I would ask the same evidence from someone that made a claim of Big Foot.

In the mean time I have to accept my mortality as it is. Fleeting. You and I are going to die. There is no one, and nothing that can stop that. Although I would prefer to remain existing as appose to not existing I have no proof, that I am immortal. So instead of me wasting my time thinking about the after. I'll continue to think about the now. And appreciate the time I do have.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Usually ignoring them fixes it. I did it with my Boss when he would go on a tirade about Religion and he got the point. But if you are inclined to respond, I like what Jennybee posted and post back something from their own book that they seem not to read.

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
16-12-2015, 09:47 AM

I'd say I don't know, is yours good enough comparing to these?
There are literally thousands of religions being practiced today. Here are 20 of the most popular, along with an estimate of the number of followers:

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand
(Source: Encyclopedia Britannica)

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Tell her you converted to Pastafarianism. (the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster)

FSM heaven has a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

And - even if you screw up - it's not THAT bad....

FSM hell is exactly like FSM heaven - except the beer is a bit stale, and the strippers a bit ugly........

rAmen....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-12-2015, 10:14 AM
(08-12-2015 05:17 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  "What you believe, is it good enough at THE POINT OF DYING????"

Just tell her you plan on converting and asking for forgiveness for your sins right before you die.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-12-2015, 12:02 PM
"No. So you don't have to worry about me flying any planes into buildings, or shooting up innocent people at a health clinic! But if you're planning on stoning me like it says in your bible, I'm more than willing to lie to comfort you so that doesn't happen."
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post